靠父母生活

live off one's parents

(1) live off sb./sth. “靠某人或某物生活,靠某人或某物过日子”

英语解释为to get your income or food from a supply of money or from another person。

(2) live off one's parents “靠父母生活”

Seriously, what are you two gonna live off?

说真的,你们俩要靠什么生活?

You can't live off your parents your whole life.

你不能靠你父母一辈子。《老友记》

独身用英文怎么说(啃老英语怎么说)(1)

维持生计

make ends meet

make ends meet “使收支仅能相抵,勉强维持生计”

英语解释为to have only just enough money to buy the things you need。

Were there other things I'd rather do? Yes. But I had to make ends meet.

我想不想干别的事情?想啊。但我得维持生计。

I'm tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet.

我受够了为了维持生计不得不去打零工。

养家糊口

bring home the bacon

bring home the bacon字面意思“把培根带回家”,表示“赚钱养家,养家糊口”

英语解释为to earn money for your family to live on。

With me bringing home the bacon, Mitchell doesn't have to rush into anything.

有我挣钱养家,米奇尔不急着找工作。

My father brings home the bacon.

我爸挣钱养家。

,