another card.
轮到你时,再抓一张牌。
It's your turn to do the table.
轮到你摆放餐具了。
It's your turn to bath the baby.
轮到你给婴儿洗澡了。
It's your turn to cook dinner.
该你做饭了。
表达“轮到你做决定了”还可以用一个地道的表达方式,the ball is in your court,通常不要理解为它的字面意思“球在你的球场”,它被用来比喻轮到某人决定是否做某事,非常地贴切,例如:
They invited you, so the ball is in your court now. Do you want to go out with them or not?
他们邀请了你,所以现在轮到你决定了。你想不想和他们一起出去?
I can't do anything as long as the ball is in John's court.
只要轮到了约翰,我就什么也做不了。
The entire family has stood by his decision to move to another country but the ball is in his court if he decides to change his mind at the last minute.
全家都支持他移居另一个国家的决定,但如果他在最后一刻改变主意的话,那就由他来决定了。
I think I’ve done more than enough to save our marriage. The ball is in your court now.
我想我已经为挽救我们的婚姻做了很多。现在轮到你做决定的时候了。
His family and friends have requested him to apologize to his boss to save his job. The ball is in his court now.
他的家人和朋友要求他向老板道歉以保住工作。现在轮到他做决定了。
短语动词 lie with sb (to do sth) 可以用来表示是某人的职责或责任做某事,也即某人应该做决定做某事,例如:
It lies with you to accept or reject the proposals.
接受或是拒绝这些建议由你决定。
You know where we stand, but the decision ultimately lies with you.
你知道我们的立场,但最终决定权在你。
提到“决定”就不得不提 decision,我们可以使用一些句子来表示做决定,如 the decision is yours 或 the moment of decision has arrived 等等,或者对应的一些短语如 make a decision 或 take a decision,例如:
make a decision:
I'd like a second opinion before I make a decision.
我在作决定之前,想听听别人的意见。
We can't make a decision based on hearsay and guesswork.
我们不能根据传言和猜测作决定。
take a decision:
I don't think that he would take such a decision.
我认为他不会作出这样的决定。
At the end of the season, the club will take a decision.
到赛季结束,球队会做出决定。
A decision was taken to discipline Marshall.
已作出对马歇尔进行处罚的决定。
词或词组辨析:
1. ultimately [ˈʌltɪmətli] 意为“最终,最后,根本上”等
2. hearsay [ˈhɪəseɪ] 意为“道听途说,听闻”
关注外语行天下,后期会精彩。
,