夜读陪伴你入睡(听读节约时间)(1)

"Good morning," said the little prince.

“你好。”小王子说。

"Good morning," said the merchant.

“你好。”商人说道。

This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst.

这是一位贩卖能够止渴的精制药丸的商人。

You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel no need of anything to drink.

每周吞服一丸就不会感觉口渴。

"Why are you selling those?" asked the little prince.

“你为什么卖这玩艺儿?”小王子说。

"Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant.

“这就大大地节约了时间。”商人说,

Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week.

专家们计算过,这样,每周可以节约五十三分钟。

"And what do I do with those fifty-three minutes?"

“那么,用这五十三分钟做什么用?”

Anything you like...

随便怎么用都行。…

"As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water."

小王子自言自语地说:“我如果有五十三分钟可支配,我就悠哉游哉地向水泉走去…”

,