美剧top200口语短句(看美剧学口语Ablessingin)(1)

Susan: Are you okay?

你还好吧?

Gabrielle: I think I can honestly say, no, I'm not.

老实说,不好,我不好。

Susan: I'm so sorry.

我很抱歉。

Gabrielle: Thanks.谢谢。

Susan: But you know what they say about kids:that you can't imagine having them until you do and then you can't imagine life without them? It's true.

你知道人们怎么说孩子的吗?你无法想象拥有他们的生活,直到你真的有了。接着你又无法想象没有他们的生活,这是真的。

Susan: All I'm saying is that maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

我想说的是,也许这次是因祸得福呢。

blessing n. 祝福;赐福;祷告

disguise伪装、掩饰

in disguise 乔装打扮

The emperor liked travelling in disguise. 这皇帝喜欢微服私访

A blessing in disguise意思就是原来以为是倒霉事不好的事到后来反倒变成好事。

中文可以译为:因祸得福或塞翁失马,焉知非福。

Gabrielle: I don't know who the father is.

我不知道孩子的父亲是谁。

Susan: What?什么?

Gabrielle: Yeah.

Susan: So you mean you and John have still been?

你的意思是你和约翰还在一起?

Gabrielle: Yeah.

Susan: Gabby!

Gabrielle: No, I know, Susan. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

我知道,我不知道该怎么办。

Susan: OH MY GOD. Oh my god, that's my house!

天啊,那是我的房子。

Gabrielle: I'll call 911.

我去打911.

Susan(in hysterics): Yes! That's my house!

快去,那是我的房子。

Susan: Oh oh oh, my, Look! my kitchen! Oh, it's a big fire!

天哪,我的厨房。火太大了

Fireman: It turns out someone left the gas on with a candle burning.

看起来是没关煤气又点着蜡烛。

Susan: That's not possible, we don't burn candles during the day.

那是不可能的,我们从不在白天点蜡烛的。

Sophie: Well, I did have a French vanilla candle burning earlier. But I'm almost positive I blew it out.

我的确在早些时候点了一根法式香草蜡烛。但我基本可以确定把它吹灭了。

Fireman: You're almost positive?

你基本确定?

Sophie: Yes! Yes I did. I think.

是的,我的确吹了我想是的。

Fireman: Look, you're lucky the fire was contained. The damage could have been far more extensive.

幸运的是火势被控制住了。要不然可能造成更大的损害。

Fireman: You've gotta be more careful from now on.

你们今后要更加小心点。

Susan: (turns to the fireman) Don't worry, we will be.

别担心,我们会的。

,