how to teach or learn(学习技巧-12如何拒绝邀请)(1)

Oh no! What is it?

哦,不!怎么了?

Josh and Henrietta would like to have the pleasure of your company at a drinks party next Saturday evening. Oh, no, Josh and Henrietta, they are not that couple who. . .

下星期六晚上,乔希和亨丽埃塔希望你能陪伴参加一个饮料聚会。噢,不,乔希和亨丽埃塔,他们不是那对......

Yeah, exactly. And it gets worse.

没错,就是的。而且还会更糟糕。

How? Formal dress.

怎么说?要穿正装。

Oh, it means you got wear a suit. At the bottom, it says RSVP.

哦,意思是你得穿西装啦。底部写着 RSVP 。

What does it mean? You've got to reply.

这是什么意思?你必须要回复。

Well I don't want to go, so what can I say? Tell them you've got a dentist appointment.

我不想去,我能怎么说呢?告诉他们你约了牙医。

Josh is my dentist. Tell them it's your grandmother's 100 birthday party.

乔希就是我的牙医。告诉他们那天你奶奶的100岁生日派对。

Well they know my granny died ages ago. Tell them your dog's sick, and you've got to take him to the vet.

他们知道我奶奶已经去世很多年了。告诉他们你的狗病了,你得带它去看兽医。

It's no use. I just have to tell them truth.

这没用啊。我只能告诉他们事实了。

The truth? I'm not coming to your birthday party because I think you are boring and stupid. Maybe not then.

真相?我不去参加你的生日聚会,是因为我觉得你既无聊又愚蠢。那还是不了吧。

Tell them this, I'm unable to attend because I have a prior engagement. Prior engagement? And you want me to offend it?

告诉他们,我参加不了,因为我有约在先。有约在先吗?你想让我再反驳你吗?

Absolutely not. Perfect!

当然不。完美!

,