Board Games
棋盘游戏
作者:小雅和外国朋友们
本文力求用孩子听的懂的简单语言描述游戏规则:
1. Flight 飞行棋
很多用户问过我“飞行棋”英文怎么说,由于这个游戏在英美国家不是很流行,所以没有确切的英文名称。网络上的各种翻译中,Flight、Flying Airplane、Aviation Game,甚至直接使用拼音Fei Xing Qi,我认为都是可以的。但是把“飞行棋”翻译成Flying Chess或者Flying Checkers,我认为就不合适了,因为chess是国际象棋,checkers是跳棋(在下文中会分别讲到),它们和飞行棋这种以掷骰子为基础的棋盘游戏不属于一个类型。
(1) Let's play Flight.
咱们玩儿飞行棋吧。
(2) Each player has 4 planes in their hangar at the corner of the board. The objective of the game is to get all your planes from your hangar into the base in the center of the board.
每个人有4架飞机停在棋盘的一角的机库里。游戏的目标是,将你的所有飞机都从机库移动到棋盘中央的基地里。
(3) The youngest player can start the game by rolling the dice.
年龄最小的人先掷骰子,开始游戏。
(4) Firstly, one of your planes can get out of the hangar only when you roll a 6.
首先,你只有扔到6,你的其中一架飞机才能从机库里出来。
有的规则是扔到5或6都可以出来。
(5) Also, you get an extra turn whenever you roll a 6.
另外,你每次扔到6,都可以再扔一次。
(6) If your plane ends up on top of another person's plane, their plane will be kicked back to their hangar.
如果你的飞机停到了别人的飞机上,他的飞机就得回机库了。
Their plane相当于老式英语中的his or her plane,目前后者在书面和口语中都越来越少使用了。
(7) If you land on a space of your own color, you can immediately jump to the next space of your color.
如果你落到了自己颜色的格子上,你可以直接跳到下一个你的颜色的格子里。
(8) If you land on a triangle of your color with an arrow on it, you may take a shortcut to fly directly to another area.
如果你落在你自己颜色的带箭头的三角形上,你可以走捷径,直接飞到另一个区域。
(9) If you land on your own piece, stack the pieces. Not only can your stacked pieces block others' pieces unless they roll 6, but they can also protect themselves from being kicked back by others' pieces.
如果你落到了自己的棋子上,两个棋子就摞上了。摞着的棋子不仅能挡住其他人的棋子,还能避免自己被其他人的棋子踢回去。
关于两个棋子摞上的情况,各版本飞行棋规则可能有所不同。
(10) Blocking others' pieces means to make it move back the number of extra spaces they rolled. For example, if you are 2 spaces in front of your opponent and they rolled 6, they should move 4 spaces back after they meet you.
挡住他人的棋子的意思是,让它后退多出的格数。比如,如果对方扔了6,你在他前方2格处,他就需要在遇到你后后退4格。
(11) To land at the end, you must roll the exact amount of spaces needed. If you roll more than that, you go back the number of extra spaces you rolled.
想到达终点,你必须扔恰好那么多点数。如果你扔多了,还得往回退多出的格数。
2. Monopoly 强手棋、大富翁
(1) Let's play Monopoly.
咱们玩儿强手棋吧。
(2) You roll the dice first. Whichever number it shows, you move your token that many spaces forward.
你先掷骰子。上面显示几,你就把棋子往前走几格。
Token:记号、标记,也可以使用棋子的统称piece。
(3) Look, I rolled a 5 so I'm going to move 5 spaces forward.
看,我扔的是5,所以我往前走5格。
(4) In the game, you purchase as many properties as possible and try to become the wealthiest player and run your opponents out of business.
在游戏中,你要买很多房产,努力成为最富有的人,并让你的对手破产。
3. Go 围棋
(1) Let's play Go.
咱们玩儿围棋吧。
(2) By surrounding your opponent's pieces with yours, you eliminate their pieces.
你通过把对方的棋子围住,把它们吃掉。
关于“吃”的英文说法,你还可以用capture,remove, kill,但不能用eat。
4. Othello / Reversi 黑白棋
Othello,就是莎士比亚四大悲剧之一的“奥赛罗”那个词,是一个黑白棋品牌,但由于它在美国很受欢迎,大家也直接叫这种游戏Othello。
(1) Let's play Othello.
咱们玩儿黑白棋吧。
(2) By placing your chips on both sides of your opponent's chips, you change them to your color.
你通过夹住对方的棋子,把它们变成自己的颜色。
只有很薄的、代币状的棋子才能叫chip,如果你是用围棋棋子玩儿的黑白棋,需要使用stone,或棋子的统称piece。
(3) The person who has more chips at the end of the game wins.
在游戏结束时,棋子数量多的人获胜。
(4) I have this game on my phone. Let's play a round.
我手机上有这个游戏。咱们玩儿一局吧。
(5) I used to play it on a video game console when I was a kid.
我小的时候是在游戏机上玩儿的。
5. Five in a Row / Connect Five / Gobang 五子棋
(1) Let's play Five in a Row.
咱们玩儿五子棋吧。
(2) The same board and pieces used for Go can be used for Five in a Row.
咱们可以用围棋的棋盘和棋子来玩儿五子棋。
(3) The players take turns laying down pieces.
每个人轮流下。
(4) The first person to connect a row of five stones horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins the game.
第一个把棋子横着、竖着或者斜着连成一行的人算赢。
如果你觉得horizontally, vertically, diagonally对孩子来说有点复杂,也可以用across, up and down, slanted表达横着、竖着、斜着。
6. Chess 国际象棋
(1) Let's play chess.
咱们玩儿国际象棋吧。
前面介绍的几个游戏名称第一个字母都需要大写,因为它们是品牌名或者一种特殊的游戏,而chess和后面要介绍的checkers(跳棋)都属于游戏大类,因此首字母不需要大写。
(2) Each player has 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns.
每个人有16个棋子:1个王、1个后、两个车、两个马、两个象和8个兵。
不能用chess这个词作棋子讲。
(3) Different types of pieces move differently.
不同种类的棋子走的方式不同。
(4) Pawns move ahead one space (or two if it is their first move). They can attack diagonally one space at a time.
兵只能往前走,第一步可以走一步或两步,以后每次只能走一步。兵斜着攻击一步之内的棋子。
(5) Bishops move in diagonal lines.
象斜着走。
注意:Bishop读作['biʃəp],不要读成['biʃɔp]。
(6) Rooks move in straight lines.
车直着走。
(7) Knights move in an L pattern and can jump over other pieces.
马走L型,而且可以跳过其他棋子(不会别马脚)。
(8) Queens move instraight or diagonal lines.
后直着或者斜着走。
(9) Kings also move in straight or diagonal lines but only one space at a time.
王也直着或者斜着走,但是每次只能走一格。
(10) You use your pieces to eliminate your opponent's. The objective is to checkmate the opponent's king.
你用你的棋子去吃对方的子。你的最终目的是“将死”对方的王。
7. Chinese chess / Xiang qi 中国象棋
对于中国象棋这种中国传统游戏,小雅建议大家还是用中文和宝宝玩儿,因此就不在此描述游戏规则了。
8. Chinese Checkers 中国跳棋
Checkers作“跳棋”讲必须有s,英式英语的拼写是chequers。另外,老一辈美国人可能会用draughts这个词。
(1) Let's play checkers.
咱们玩儿跳棋吧。
(2) The first person who moves all their marbles to the opposite corner wins the game.
第一个把棋子都移到了对面的角里的人算赢。
由于跳棋的棋子是玻璃球,因此叫作marble,也可以用棋子的统称piece,但不能用checker作“棋子”讲。
(3) Your piece can either move one step or move as many steps as you want as long as there is a piece in the adjacent space to jump over.
你的棋子可以走一步,也可以在相邻格有棋子的情况下,跳任意步。
最后补充一句,中国跳棋在美国还是比较流行的,但是他们自己的跳棋,也就是checkers是这个样子的:
,