假如你是一名学生英语讲座(每日英语-14)(1)

If I was tiny

如果我很小

Imagine what life would be like if you were two inches tall.

想象一下,如果你身高两英寸,生活会是什么样子。

You would have to be careful that nobody stepped on you.

你必须小心,不要有人踩到你。

You would have to watch out for cats, dogs and birds.

你必须小心猫、狗和鸟。

It would be very dangerous, but just think of the things that you could do.

那会很危险,但想想你能做的事情。

You could live in dollhouse, or even a shoebox.

你可以住在玩具屋甚至鞋盒里。

You could use a bottle cap for a plate.

你可以用瓶盖做盘子。

You would have to wear dolls’ clothes.

你必须穿洋娃娃的衣服。

A stamp would make a lovely picture to hang on your wall.

邮票会成为挂在墙上的一幅可爱的画。

You could hide in a mouse hole or a drawer.

你可以躲在老鼠洞或抽屉里。

You wouldn’t need much food.

你不需要太多的食物。

You could probably live comfortably on the crumbs that people would leave on the table.

你可能会舒适地生活在人们留在桌上的面包屑上。

A thimble would make a good cup.

顶针是个好杯子。

If you went outside, the grass would seem like a jungle.

如果你到外面去,草地看起来就像一片丛林一样。

An insect would be huge and frightening.

昆虫是巨大而可怕的。

A puddle would seem to be an ocean.

一个水坑似乎就是一个海洋。

You could cross the puddle in a paper cup and use a spoon for an oar.

你可以用纸杯穿过水坑,用勺子当桨。

A matchbox would make a good bed with a handkerchief as a bedspread.

火柴盒是一张很好的床,用手帕做床罩。

You’d brush your hair with a toothbrush, but you’d never find anything small enough to brush your teeth with.

你会用牙刷刷头发,但你永远找不到足够小的东西来刷牙。

You could take a ride on the back of a mouse.

你可以骑在老鼠背上。

You wouldn’t find any books that were small enough to read, but you might read the back of a pill bottle.

你找不到任何小到可以读的书,但你可以读药瓶的背面。

You could ride in a toy car and have a soup bowl for a swimming pool.

你可以乘坐玩具车,并为游泳池准备一个汤碗。

A leaf could be your umbrella, and a mitten would make a great sleeping bag.

一片叶子可以是你的雨伞,一个手套可以是一个很好的睡袋。

If you used your imagination, you could think up something to use for almost all your purposes.

如果你运用你的想象力,你可以想出一些几乎可以用于实现所有目的的东西。

Being small might be fun, but then again, it would be frightening.

小个子可能很有趣,但同样,它也会令人恐惧。

I’d be afraid of my pet cat.

我会害怕我的宠物猫。

I wouldn’t want a book to fall on me.

我不想让书落在我身上。

I would be afraid of being swept away by a big gust of wind.

我害怕被一阵风吹走。

I think I’d rather be my size.

我想我宁愿成为我的大小。

,