写邮件是外贸工作重要的基本工作之一。
关于外贸邮件,Mike之前做过如下一些分享 。
About this topic, I have written a few articles beFORe as mentioned below.
很多人盲目的追求一些所谓的邮件模板,期待突破客户固有的任何防线,拿下订单。
Many guys head for the so-called " E-mail Templates" blindly, hoping to break all the intrinsic obstacles against cooperation with their clients.
这样的通用模板是不存在的。
Such all-purpose templates don't exist.
因为客户情况不同,订单详情也不同。
Coz the clients are different. The order details are different, too.
当然,Mike所言,并非不能用一些通用的邮件模板作为开发信,而是说不能抛开实际情况,用一样的邮件模板去与所有客户谈判。
Of course, I don't mean that you can't use an e-mail template as your promotional letter. What I am trying to say is that you cannot ignore the practical situation and use e-mail templates to negotiate with any of your clients.
如何写开发信
首先,我们要明确的是,大多数人把关注点停留在了第一封邮件,而不是整个谈判局面,我想说,这是狭隘的,我们要放宽视野。
Firstly, we must be clear that many people just pay their attention to the first email instead of the whole negotiation, which is very narrow. We should keep our sight open and wide.
那么,邮件是什么?文字?图片?文件?视频?
不,是全部,甚至更多。
So, what is email? Words ? Pictures? Documents? Videos?
No! All of them, and even more than that.
当然,如果给陌生人发信,之前从未联系过,那么自然他的邮箱里没有你邮箱的记录,如果此时你发大附件的邮件,很可能就进入到他的垃圾收件箱了。
Of course, if you send emails to the strangers, there'll be no record of your email ID in their mailbox. And, if now the email you sent is with large attachments, it will probably go into the trash box directly.
因此我建议,在首封邮件,我们尽量控制邮件长短和大小,别发附件或者超链接。
So I advise that the first email should be very short in length and small in size
with no links or attachments.
01
对方并不认识我们,我们最好写明邮件来自哪里,发给谁,为了什么。
What's more, the receivers don't even know us. So it's better if we could write down where the emails are from and who we are writing to and for what.
比如(For example):
TO: Jason / ABC Inc.
From: Mike / DEF Co., Ltd.
FOR: Cooperation on Textile/ Fabric / Pillow / Mattress ( Put whatever you are selling to them)
02
用数字列明所述各点,让文路更加清晰。
Use No. to make each of your statements clear.
比如(For example):
1.******
2.******
3.******
03
言简意赅,别绕弯子,直接说明目的。
Keep your words clear and short.
Go straitly to the points.
比如(For example):
hello, Mr.***
DEF Co., Ltd. here, a big *** factory in China, exporting high-quality *** with good and affordable price.
Our main models are *****
04
触发互动
Call to Action
比如(For example):
Come back for more details.
Come back for a list/ the brochure if interested.
05
留下联系方式
Leave your contacts
比如(For example):
Michael
michael@edf.com
Cell: 86 138 8888 8888
这么简单,客户会回复么?
如果感兴趣,一定会,如果不感兴趣,写的再好也没用。
So will such a simple email convert?
They will come back to you if they have interest. Or they won't no matter how much you write.
除了上面这些我们还能做什么?
Wha else can we do except above-mentioned points?
其实,我上面要求那么写,是为了保证邮件平安进入对方的收件箱,与此同时,又能明确表达自己的意图,引起对方的兴趣,但是,我并没有说,你只能发这一封!
Actually, all the points I mentioned above is just to make sure that the first email can go into the receivers' mailbox in a safe way. Meanwhile, it will clearly show them our purpose and attract their interests. But, I never said that you can only send one email.
在发送第一封邮件后,你可以在几分钟后发送第二封邮件,第三封邮件,甚至第四封邮件给对方。此时的邮件内容就可以由你决定了,比如展示一下公司的资质,工厂的照片等等,进一步激发对方的兴趣。
After sending the first email, you can send the second email, the third email, or even the fourth email to the receivers. And the content can be customized by yourself. For example, you can show them the qualifications of your company, the photos of your factory, etc., to further attract their interests.
别迷信什么无敌邮件模板,也别迷信任何邮件模板, 因为谈判情况是不同的。
一封邮件拿下订单,你信么?
Don‘t believe in any so called perfect emails or any email formats. Because the situation of negotiation is different.
Do you really believe that one can get orders by one email?
其实,邮件是极其简单的开发客户方式,不要神话它,更不要小瞧它。
Actually, email is a quite simple way for business development.
Don't take it as a mystery and don't ignore it.
如何专业地回复客户询盘我想,看过之前Mike在微信朋友圈分享的VIP教学视频后,大家可能在思维模式和行为模式上或多或少的有所提高。
I believe that you may get yourself improved in thinking mode and behavior pattern more or less after watching the VIP Education Videos shared in my WeChat Friend Circle.
一些粉丝没去添加Mike微信好友,所以可能没能看到。
Some followers haven't connected with Mike on WeChat. So you might have missed these videos.
但是没关系,别担心, Mike以后还会在微信朋友圈持续分享的。
But it's ok, no worries. I will keep sharing ideas in my WeChat Friend Circle in the days to come.
在回复询盘前,我们首先应该去看一下客户的网站以及网站上的产品。
We ought to check their websites (and the products on them) before giving a reply to the inquiries from the clients.
这样做的目的是为了结合自己的产品,针对性做出正确的产品推荐。
In that case, we can recommend the clients right products accordingly.
你还可以通过网站分析客户分销渠道,猜测客户的基本成本构成。
You can also speculate about the basic cost composition of the clients by analyzing their distribution channels.
······
(More details in VIP videos)
邮件标题也可做改动
很多人在写邮件的时候,从来不去更改题目,一直用的是最初的标题。
When writing e-mails, many salespeople keep the original title of their first e-mail and never consider to change it.
他们认为这样能够让客户更加轻松准确的识别出自己。
They believe that the clients can recognize them easily and accurately.
其实,标题要跟随内容作出变化,明确目的。
In fact, you can also specify the purpose by adjusting the titles of your e-mails.
比如:
For Instance:
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | Quotation Sheet
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | Pics of Products
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | Production Videos
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | *** Certificate
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | CI Confirmation
Re: Re: TO: ABC Inc. | Wooden Sofa | Payment Confirmation
······
无论是不是第一封开发信,尽量做到简洁。
Be brief whether it is the first promotional letter or not.
冗长的邮件令人厌烦,消耗精力。
Long e-mails are irksome and energy-sapping.
一句话能说清楚的事情,尽量别用第二句。
Never say the second word if it can be clear with only one single word.
比如只有收到货款,我们才能开始生产。写法不同,感觉不同。
For example, the feeling is different by saying in two different ways.
1. We can't produce the products for you. Because we haven't received your payment. After getting your payment, the production will start.
2. The production will start only after your payment is received.
直奔主题,别浪费时间。
Get straight to the point,do not waste time.
很多人绕开客户的问题,说一些没有任何价值的东西,客户一点不关心。
Many guys ignore the questions the clients ask and say something unmeaningful which the clients don't care at all.
谈判的核心是传递价值。
The core of the negotiation is the value delivery.
只有让对方看到你的价值所在,才会更加可能与你进一步沟通。
It's more likely that they'd be willing to have a further communication with you only after they see the value from you.
很多人一味的想要卖给别人东西,却从不知道价值传递的重要性。
Many guys always try to sell people their goods but never know the importance of the value delivery.
小合作要放下骄傲,尊重对方。大合作要缩小利益,寻求共赢。
Lower your head a little and respect others for a small cooperation.
Narrow your benefits a little on a win-win basis for a great cooperation.
价值传递,就是一切。
The value delivery is everything.
彼此信任,就是一切。
The mutual trust is everything.
,