Bree: "Andrew! You are not leaving the house dressed like that."

安德鲁,你不可以穿成那样子出门。

Andrew: "I'm, I'm just gonna meet some of the guys at the swim club."

我只是去会会游泳俱乐部的一些朋友。

Bree: "I don't care. Here, put this on. Every time you leave this house, you represent this family. And the least you can do is not humiliate us."

那也不行,过来换上这件。一旦走出这个门,你代表的是整个家族的形象,最起码你不能使家族蒙羞。

Andrew: "A ripped T-shirt is just a look."

一件破T恤只是表象而已。

Bree: "Yes. A bad one. I hope you haven't made plans for tomorrow night."

那也是个不良的表象。你明晚没什么安排吧。

Andrew: "Look, if you think I'm having dinner with the pharmacist, you're crazy."

如果你 认为我会和那个药剂师一起共进晚餐,你肯定使疯了。

Bree: "Part of the reason I'm having him over is so that you can get to know him."

我邀请他过来的原因也是希望你对他有所了解。

Andrew: "Yeah, well, I don't want to get to know him."

是吗,但我并不想了解他。

Bree: "Honey, the feelings that you're having are perfectly normal, but George isn't trying to take your father's place. He's, well, he's just a friend."

宝贝,你现在的感受很正常。但乔治并没有要取代你父亲的位置啊。他,他只是我的一个朋友。

Andrew: "Really? Just a friend? So you're not planning on getting more serious with this guy in the future?"

真的只是朋友?也就是说你没打算今后和这家伙发展下去?

Bree: "You know, I haven't even thought about it."

我连想都没想过。

Andrew: "You're so transparent, it's pathetic. You're worried about a ripped T-shirt humiliating this family? Wait 'till people see that you're dating the town nerd less than a month after your husband's funeral."

我算看穿你了,你真可悲。你一边担心一件破T恤会使家族蒙羞,却又一边在你丈夫葬礼结束不到一个月和镇上的讨厌鬼约会,静候众人的反应。

Bree: "I'll be serving dinner tomorrow at seven. Please don't be late."

我明晚7点准时开饭,请勿迟到。

Andrew: "Sorry, but, I already have plans."

抱歉,我已经另有安排了。

Bree: "Andrew, don't you have a meet at the swim club?"

安德鲁,你不是要去游泳俱乐部见朋友吗?

Andrew: "Yeah. So?"

对,那又怎样?

Bree: "Doesn't it require a large entrance fee? One that you can't afford by yourself?"

好像你自己并没有能力负担高额的入会费用吧?

Andrew: "Are you blackmailing me into coming to dinner?"

你这是在要挟我出席晚餐吗?

Bree: "Oh, you don't know the lengths I'd go to for even seating."

你不知道我会为每个座位安排费尽心机吧。

绝望的主妇练英语(Theleastyou)(1)

布里:安德鲁,你不可以穿成那样子出门。 安德鲁:我只是去会会游泳俱乐部的一些朋友。 布里:那也不行,过来换上这件。一旦走出这个门,你代表的是整个家族的形象,最起码你不能使家族蒙羞。 安德鲁:一件破T恤只是表象而已。 布里:那也是个不良的表象。你明晚没什么安排吧。 安德鲁: 如果你 认为我会和那个药剂师一起共进晚餐,你肯定使疯了。 布里: 我邀请他过来的原因也是希望你对他有所了解。 安德鲁:是吗,但我并不想了解他。 布里:宝贝,你现在的感受很正常。但乔治并没有要取代你父亲的位置啊。他,他只是我的一个朋友。 安德鲁:真的只是朋友?也就是说你没打算今后和这家伙发展下去? 布里:我连想都没想过。 安德鲁:我算看穿你了,你真可悲。你一边担心一件破T恤会使家族蒙羞,却又一边在你丈夫葬礼结束不到一个月和镇上的讨厌鬼约会,静候众人的反应。 布里:我明晚7点准时开饭,请勿迟到。 安德鲁:抱歉,我已经另有安排了。 布里:安德鲁,你不是要去游泳俱乐部见朋友吗? 安德鲁:对,那又怎样? 布里:好像你自己并没有能力负担高额的入会费用吧? 安德鲁:你这是在要挟我出席晚餐吗? 布里:你不知道我会为每个座位安排费尽心机吧。

,