大家好,我是大学生,希望我的资料对大家有帮助,谢谢!
How do you improve your English listening skills?
如何提高英语听力?
If you ask this question to some people, they will tell you the same thing.
如果你向一些人提出这个问题,他们会告诉你同样的方法。
They will tell you to go watch English movies.
他们会告诉你去看英语电影。
They will say that watching English movies is a great way to improve your listening.
他们会说看电影是提高听力的好方法。
But there's a problem.
但是有一个问题。
A lot of English learners watch movies with subtitles.
很多英语学习者都会看带字幕的电影。
Some people use English subtitles.
有些人用英文字幕。
Other people use Chinese subtitles.
其他人会用中文字幕。
Usually,the majority of pelope use subtile in English and Chinese.
通常情况下,大多数人喜欢用中英双幕。
It doesn't matter what kind of subtitles you use.
你使用什么样的字幕其实并不重要。
Watching movies with subtitles is a really bad way to improve your listening.
看有字幕的电影来提高听力的一种非常糟糕的方法。
And in this article, I'm going to explain to you why it's such a bad idea.
在这个文章中,我将向你解释为什么这是一个糟糕的方法。
First, there's one thing about listening that you need to know.
首先,需要知道一个有关听力的事情。
Listening and hearing are not the same.
倾听和听到是不一样的。
If you want to improve your listening, make sure that when you practice listening, you're really listening and not just hearing.
如果你想提高听力,请确保在练习听力时,你是真的有倾听,而不只是听到了而已。
So what's the difference between listening and hearing?
那么倾听和听到有什么区别?
Well, the difference is whether or not you're paying attention.
区别在于你是否在集中注意力。
If you're paying attention, then you're listening.
如果你有集中注意力,那么你正在仔细听。
If you're not paying attention, then that's just hearing.
如果你没有集中注意力,那只是听到了而已。
So let me give you an example.
让我来举个例子。
If you turn on the Tik Tok (a mobile phone software) and pay attention to the sound from the Tik Tok , then that is listening.
如果您打开抖音并注意抖音的声音,那就是在仔细听。
But if you turn on the Tik Tok and then you do something else like eating, then that's just hearing or Swallowing food。
但是,如果你打开抖音然后你做了一些其他的事情,比如吃饭,那只是听到了或者只是吞咽食物。
You are not listening or eating.
你不是在倾听或者不是在吃饭。
And again, if you want to improve your listening, make sure that you're really listening and not just hearing.
再说一次,如果你想提高听力,请确保你真的在倾听而不只是听到。
You need to make sure that you're paying attention.
你需要确保你正在集中注意力。
Now let's talk about watching movies with subtitles.
现在让我们谈谈用字幕看电影。
As you might have guessed, it doesn't work because you're not listening.
你可能已经猜到了,它不起作用,因为你没有倾听。
You're just hearing.
你只是听到了。
When you watch a movie, you brain is trying to understand the movie.
当你看电影时,你的大脑正试图理解这部电影。
But there isn't just one way to do that.
但是,不仅只有一种方法可以做到这一点。
There are two ways or two options.
有两种方法或者说两种选择。
The first option is to focus on reading the subtitles.
第一种选择是专注于看字幕。
The second option is to focus on listening to the sound.
第二种选择是专注于听声音。
Now I have a question for you.
现在我有一个问题要问你。
Which option do you think your brain will choose?
您认为您的大脑会选择哪个选项?
Reading or listening?
看字幕还是听声音?
Well the answer is obvious.
那么答案很明显。
You brain is going to focus on reading the subtitles.
你的大脑将专注于看字幕。
Why?为什么?
Because it's much easier.
因为它更容易。
The text on the screen is clear.
屏幕上的文字很清楚。
So it's very easy for you brain to process.
所以你的大脑很容易处理。
The sounds of people talking, on the other hand, are not that clear.
另一方面,人们说话的声音并不那么清楚。
Therefore, it's much more difficult for your brain to figure out what people are saying.
正因为如此,你的大脑要弄清楚人物在说些什么就要困难得多。
As a result, you brain will pay attention to the subtitles and not the sounds.
结果,你的大脑会专注于字幕而不是声音。
So when you watch a movie with subtitles, you're not really improving your listening.
因此,当你看带有字幕的电影时,您并没有真正提高你的听力。
You're actually improving your reading.
你实际上在提高你的阅读能力。
That's why it doesn't work.
这就是为什么它不起作用。
So the best way to improve your listening is to just listen.
因此,提高听力的最佳方法就是只是倾听。
Don't read and listen at the same time.
不要看和听同时进行。
If you watch a movie in English, remove the subtitles or not see the screen , so that your brain will have to focus on listening.
如果你用英语观看电影,请删除字幕或者不看屏幕,促使你的大脑必须专注于倾听。
If you do that, your listening will improve much faster.
如果你这样做,你的听力会提高得更快。
That said, there is still a problem.
这仍然存在一个问题。
If you remove the subtitles, then you won't understand the movie.
如果删除字幕,则无法理解电影。
And if you don't understand the movie, then it's going to be boring.
如果你不理解这部电影,那将会很无聊。
So what should you do?
那你该怎么办?
Keep it up!
坚持下去!
On the contrary.
或者反过来。
Don't try to improve your listening by watching movies, just watch movies for fun.
不要试图通过看电影来提高听力,看电影只是为了娱乐就好。
更多精彩内容,请关注我哦!
,