Narrator: Hello and welcome to English at University - the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad. . . . . . .,我来为大家科普一下关于牛津大学英语口语故事集?下面希望有你要的答案,我们一起来看看吧!

牛津大学英语口语故事集(BBC大学生活英语-)

牛津大学英语口语故事集

Narrator: Hello and welcome to English at University - the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad. . . . . . .

大家好,欢迎来到“校园英语”栏目 —— 这个系列会教给你一些国外留学第一年用得上的实用英语句型。

New student Mary is settling into university life but still hasn't visited the most important place you'll need to go to, to help you with your studies.

It's a great place for a bookworm like Mary – it's the library.

新生玛丽的大学生活已经开始,但是她还没有去那个最重要的地方,那个可以帮助你学习的地方。那地方对于玛丽这样的书虫来说可是圣地——图书馆。

So Mary, have you got your library card with you?

Mary: Yes, I've got it thanks.

那么,玛丽,你拿好自己的借书证了吗?拿好了,谢谢。

Narrator: And your reading list – the list of books you need to read for this year's course?

Mary: I've got it here… I just need to find the books now.

还有你的读书清单——列好为了学好本学年课程要读的书。我放在这里了……我现在只需要去找书。

Ah, here I am now – The Library. Sharon: Next…

啊,我到了——图书馆。写一个……

Mary: Sharon! Do you work here as well?

Sharon: Yes, we tend to double up round here.

莎伦!你也在这上班吗?是的,我们都在这里加班。

It's the funding cuts – the university's not got that much money – anyway dear, I suppose you're looking for some books?

Mary: Yes, that's right.

是因为经费削减——这学校没那么多钱——不管怎么说,亲爱的,我估计你是来找书的?是的,没错。

Where can I find books about Business please?

Sharon: Down there, turn left, then right, then to the end, under 'B'… B for biology…

请问我在哪能找到商业相关的书籍?从那下去,左转,然后右转,一直走到头,在B类……Biology的B……

Mary: and 'Business'. Thanks. . . . . . .

还有"Business"也有B,谢谢。

Oh no… oh dear… none of the books I need are here!

Narrator: Oh dear Mary.

哦,不……我的天……我需要的书这里一本都没有!哦,可怜的玛丽。

A bibliophile like you – someone who loves reading - needs to get to the library early if you want to get the books you need - but don't worry, I'm sure you can reserve them.

Mary: Reserve them? But what do I say?

像你这么爱书的人——一个喜欢读书的人——要想拿到你需要的书,得提前到图书馆,但是不用担心,我相信你可以预订。预订?我该怎么说?

Narrator: Go and ask Sharon to check if she has your books in stock. And if not ask if she can reserve them for you.

去问问莎伦,让她查一下书库里还有没有你要的那些书。如果没有的话,再问问她能不能帮你预订一下。

And see if she can put them by for you… that means keep them for a period of time until you can collect them…

Mary: OK, I'll do just that. Thanks.

看看她能不能帮你把他们放一边……意思是帮你留一阵子,直到你能借这些书的时候……好,那我就这么办。谢谢。

Sharon: Next! Oh it's you again… any luck? Mary: No, I'm afraid not.

下一个!哦,又是你……找到了吗?很可惜,没有。

I can't find anything. Please could you check if you have any of these in stock.

我一本都没找到。请问你能帮我查一下书库里还有没有这些书吗?

Sharon: No… no… no. Sorry, no. It looks like a DANIEL SMYTHE has them all out at the moment.

没有……没有……没有。抱歉,都没有。看起来是一个叫丹尼尔▪斯迈斯的人一次性把它们都借走了。

Mary: Oh dear. Well, perhaps you could reserve them for me please?

哦,我的天呐。好吧,那你是不是可以帮我预订一下?

Sharon: Of course dear.

Mary: OK. So could you put them by for me when they come in please?

当然了,亲爱的。好,那么这些书还回来的时候请你帮我留一下好吗?

Sharon: Certainly dear. We'll send you an email when they're back in.

没问题,亲爱的。这些书还回来的时候我们会给你发邮件。

Mary: And when do you think they will be available?

Sharon: Let's have a look… three weeks' time.

你觉得什么时候能借到这些书?我查查看……三周。

Mary: Three weeks? That's too late! I need them for my studies. . . . . . .

三周?那太晚了!我学习需要这些书。

Narrator: Don't panic Mary, I'm sure we'll find a solution.

But well done for trying to get hold of those important course text books.

别慌张,玛丽,我相信我们会找到办法的。不过,在试着借这些重要课程书籍过程中,你做的很棒。

You've managed to ask for help and at least reserve the books you need, using these useful phrases… Please could you check if you have any of these books in stock?

你已经试着请求帮助,至少还预订了你需要的书,你用到了这些句型……请问你能帮我查一下这些书在书库里还有吗?

Could you reserve them for me please?

Could you put them by for me when they come in please?

请问你能帮我预订一下吗?这些书还回来的时候你能帮我留一下吗?

When do you think they will be available?

You can practice these phrases, pick up a few more plus learn some top tips about studying in the UK on our website at BBC Learning English. com.

你觉得什么时候可以借到这些书?你可以练习这些句型,登录BBC Learning English.com还可以了解更多相关句型以及在英国学习的知识。

Now, Mary's back in her room.

Before she can hit the books – I mean study hard - she needs to get hold of some text books for the next lecture so what's she going to do?

现在,玛丽已经回到了自己的房间。在她开始用功之前——我的意思是努力学习——她得找到那些下堂课需要的书,那她怎么办呢?

Abi: Oh hi Mary. Something on your mind? Mary: Yes, all the text books I need have been taken out of the library.

哦,嗨,玛丽。在想事儿吗?是的,我需要的书都已经被人从图书馆借走了。

Abi: Oh never mind, there's never time to read those boring books anyway… But hold on… I think I did buy some of them when I was in the first year…

哦,别放在心上,反正也没时间去看那些无聊的书……但是等一下……我觉得我大一的时候买过其中的几本……

Let's have a look… there, how about this one?

Mary: 'Mind Your Own Business'! – yes, that's one of them – it looks almost new. Thanks Abi!

找找看……在那,这本怎么样?《学好商业》!——没错,这是其中一本——这看起来就跟新的一样。谢谢你,艾比!

Abi: Don't mention it. I don't think I ever read it.

You can keep it. Now come on, it's time to eat.

没事,反正我也没看过,你留着吧。现在该走啦,吃饭去。

,