作者:小雅和英美友人
喝酸奶不能翻译成drink yogurt,而应该是eat yogurt,因为在英语国家,人们大多用勺喝酸奶,不用吸管,也不直接从瓶子里喝。
Using a Spoon 用勺子
Mom: Want to have a snack?
妈妈:想吃点加餐吗?
I picked up some yogurt at the grocery store this morning.
我今天早上在食品店买了点酸奶。
Pick up虽然字面意思是“拿”,但这里指的是“买”。
Child: Yeah! I want some.
宝宝:嗯!我想喝。
Mom: Alright, why don't you go grab one for me and one for you out of the fridge?
妈妈:好的,你从冰箱里拿一个给我,一个给你自己吧。
I'll grab some spoons.
我去拿勺儿。
Child: Here you go, Mommy.
宝宝:给你,妈妈。
Mom: Thank you.
妈妈:谢谢。
Child: You're welcome.
宝宝:不客气。
Mom: This yogurt is strawberry flavored.
妈妈:这个酸奶是草莓味的。
Pull the tab on the corner of your yogurt to open it up.
揪着酸奶角上这个小片,就打开了。
Good.
很好。
Lick the lid.
舔舔盖儿。
There's a lot of yogurt on it!
上面还有好多酸奶呢!
Child: Yummy!
宝宝:真好吃!
Mom: Watch out, don't let it drip onto your shirt.
妈妈:注意,别滴到衣服上。
How about a smaller scoop?
挖少点吧。
Scoop指挖一勺的量,而不是指scoop-深勺这个工具本身,这里用的工具就是spoon-勺。
Child: But it's so good!
宝宝:但是太好吃了!
Mom: No need to make a mess, though.
妈妈:但是也不能弄脏啊。
Make sure to use the tip of your spoon to get the yogurt in the crease.
用勺尖儿把缝儿这里的酸奶刮刮。
Make sure to scrape the sides of the cup, too.
把盒边儿上也刮刮。
Good work!
真棒!
You really cleaned it out!
刮得真干净!
虽然英语国家的人不用吸管喝酸奶,为了中国家长能和宝宝在相应的场景说出地道英语,我们中外团队编写了下面这段对话:
Using a Straw 用吸管
Mom: Hold the straw by the flat end
妈妈:拿着吸管平的这头,
and use the sharp end to poke a hole in the yogurt.
用尖的这头在酸奶上戳一个洞。
Make sure to use some force.
得使点劲儿。
Child: The straw went through.
宝宝:吸管进去了。
Mom: Good job!
妈妈:真棒!
Don't bite the straw.
别咬吸管。
If you bite it and make it flat,
你要是把它咬扁了,
you won't be able to sip any yogurt up.
你就吸不上来酸奶了。
Don't bend the straw either.
也别折吸管。
That might put a hole in the straw or make it flat, also.
该把吸管弄破了,也会把它弄扁的。
Child: Okay, Mommy.
宝宝:好的,妈妈。
,