作者:小雅和英美友人

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(1)

◆ 方块、面条、茅坑,这些图案英文怎么说?

◆ 从中间往上往外翻,英文怎么说?

◆ 中文说“翻”,但英文要结合具体步骤用不同的动词。

String Game 翻绳游戏

Mom: I'm making a hat for you and your brother.

妈妈:我正在给你和弟弟做帽子。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(2)

Feel this yarn.

摸摸这个线

Isn't it soft?

软和吧?

Child: It's very soft.

宝宝:真软和。

Do you have any extra I can play with?

多余的能给我玩吗?

Mom: I'm sure I do.

妈妈:当然。

Look in that basket over there.

看看那边那个篮子里。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(3)

How are you going to play with it?

你准备怎么

Child: My friend Sam taught me how to play cat's cradle last week.

宝宝:上礼拜我的朋友山姆教我怎么玩猫的摇篮来着。

Cat's cradle是string game-翻绳游戏的一种,相当于中文说的“双人翻绳游戏”。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(4)

Have you ever played?

你玩过吗?

Mom: Not since I was your age.

妈妈:你这么大之后就没玩过了。

Remind me how.

提醒我一下怎么玩。

Child: Okay! First I need a long piece of string,

宝宝:好啊!首先我需要一根

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(5)

and then I'll tie the two ends together.

然后两头系在一起

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(6)

Here are some basic rules:

以下是基本规则

We hand off the string every turn.

我们轮流持绳。

And we have to be careful not to drop it.

一定要小心别了。

Let's start with the yarn on your hands

先从你撑绳开始,

so I can show you where to grab it.

我教你从哪入手

Mom: Okay. How do I hold it?

妈妈:好的。我怎么啊?

Child: Put one end of the loop around the back of one hand.

宝宝:把绳套的一端套在一只手的手背上。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(7)

Twist the loop in front of that palm,

把手心前面的圈一下,

then put your hand down.

然后把手穿过去。

Wrap the other end of string around the back of your other hand.

把绳儿的另一端在另一只手的手背上。

Mom: Wow. That's tough.

妈妈:哇。真

Child: We're just getting started!

宝宝:我们才刚刚开始!

Now take one middle finger

现在伸出一个中指

and slide it under the loop in front of your other hand.

伸到另一只手前面的圈下面

Then do the same with your other middle finger.

然后另一个中指也一样。

Mom: What is this shape called?

妈妈:这个图案叫什么?

Child: The cat's cradle!

宝宝:猫的摇篮

我们在网上查到,双人翻绳的起始图案有一种说法叫“小山”,但是我们小时候没听说过这个名字。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(8)

Mom: Is that the whole game?

妈妈:这就完了吗?

Child: No way!

宝宝:怎么会!

We have four shapes to make.

我们有四个图案要做。

Now we turn the cat's cradle into the soldier's bed.

现在咱们把猫的摇篮翻成士兵床

中文里,这种图案有一种说法叫方块。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(9)

Mom: How do I do that?

妈妈:我需要怎么做?

Child: I'll show you.

宝宝:我演示一下

I'll pinch the two X's you made,

捏住两个叉子

then pull them around to the outside and up through the center.

然后它们从中间往上往外翻

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(10)

You pull your hands out,

把手退出来

and I'll stretch my hands open again.

然后我把手再撑开

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(11)

Mom: Pretty cool.

妈妈:很棒。

What's next?

然后呢?

Child: Now you make the candles shape.

宝宝:现在你来翻蜡烛

中文里,这个图案有一种说法叫面条。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(12)

Pinch the two new X's,

捏住这两个新的叉子,

and pull them around to the outside and up through the center again.

然后再把它们从中间往上往外翻。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(13)

Mom: I pull out my hands?

妈妈:我把手退出来吗?

Child: Yep! I'll make the strings tight.

宝宝:是的!我来绳儿拉紧

Look! It's two candles.

看!两个蜡烛。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(14)

Mom: What shape comes next?

妈妈:下一个图案是什么?

Child: The manger.

宝宝:牛槽

中文里,这个图案还有一种说法叫茅坑。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(15)

It's like an upside down cat's cradle.

它像一个倒着的猫的摇篮。

You need your pinkies for this one.

这个需要用到小拇指

You'll hook your pinkies under the two strings in the middle,

你要把两个小拇指在中间两根绳儿的下面,

but you'll hook your right pinky under the left string

但是是右手小拇指勾左边的绳儿,

and your left pinky under the right string.

左手小拇指勾右边的绳儿。

Then you pull your pinkies out to the sides,

然后把小拇指扽到外面,

making two triangles.

成两个三角形

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(16)

Now take your thumbs and pointer fingers

现在伸出大拇指食指

and put them down into the triangles and up into the center.

把它们伸进三角形里然后从中间穿上来。

Don't let go of your pinky strings!

小拇指不要松开

Mom: I'm trying not to,

妈妈:我争取,

but this is tough.

不过挺难的。

Child: I'm going to let go,

宝宝:我要松手了,

and you need to pull the strings tight again.

你还是得撑住了。

Now look! It's the cat's cradle again.

快看!它又变成猫的摇篮了。

幼儿英语图解(用英文教宝宝玩翻绳)(17)

Mom: Okay. Now what do I do?

妈妈:好的。现在我怎么弄?

Child: You can make the soldier's bed,

宝宝:你可以翻士兵床,

then I can make the candles,

然后我翻蜡烛,

then you can make the manger,

然后你翻牛槽,

then I can make the cat's cradle,

然后我翻猫的摇篮,

and we can keep playing

咱们可以一直玩

until one of us messes up.

直到咱们其中一个人翻坏了

Mom: Let's go.

妈妈:开始。

Who do you think will mess up first:

你觉得谁会先坏:

you or me?

你还是我?

Child: You!

宝宝:你!

妈妈平时需要和孩子说的话,都在我们的亲子英文专栏课程里,通过30个最高频的日常生活场景,系统讲授亲子英语。书籍内容讲解母子间对话动画精讲绘本精讲、每周一发音,帮助大家掌握和宝宝说的英文。点击下方专栏,可以试听、购买:

,