Hello, everyone. And welcome back to English With Lucy.,下面我们就来聊聊关于口语话题万能句式?接下来我们就一起去了解一下吧!

口语话题万能句式(当你突然想不起某个词的时候)

口语话题万能句式

Hello, everyone. And welcome back to English With Lucy.

大家好。欢迎回到跟着 Lucy 学英语。

It's so annoying when it happens, you are talking freely and happily in English, and then suddenly, everything stops.

当你在用英语畅所欲言时,突然间一切停止了,这真是太令人恼火了。

The world stops, your mind stops, and most frustratingly, your conversation stops.

世界停止了,你的思绪停止了,而且最令人沮丧的是,你的对话停止了。

You've blocked.

你一时语塞。

You can't find that perfect word.

你找不到那个完美的词。

You may even feel that you do actually know that word deep in your head, you just can't remember it.

你可能会觉得其实你脑海深处是知道那个词的,你只是想不起来了。

Perhaps, you don't even know it at all.

也许你甚至都不知道它。

You're reaching for it, but it's just too far away.

你努力想要想起来,但是太遥远了。

What can you do?

你该怎么办呢?

When I was actively learning Spanish, this happened to me all of the time.

当我积极地学习西班牙语时,这种情况总是发生在我身上。

I can still feel the anxiety in here.

我现在都能感受到那种焦虑。

I'm now fluent in Spanish.

我现在能说流利的西班牙语。

And although it happens with much less frequency, it does still happen, especially if I'm feeling a bit rusty.

尽管这种情况没那么频繁了,但是它还是会发生,尤其是当我觉得有点生疏了。

If you feel rusty in a language, it means that you haven't practised enough and you've regressed slightly.

如果你对某种语言生疏,这意味着你没有充分地练习,你稍微退步了。

I mean, I still get word block in English and that's my mother tongue.

我的意思是,我说英语的时候都会语塞,而它是我的母语。

It happens to almost everyone.

今几乎所有人都会发生这种情况。

Today, I am going to help you with your blockages and give you five things that you can use to fight against this.

今天我要帮助你们解决语塞的问题,教你们五样能够抵抗这一情况的东西。

Five things that you can do when you can't remember a word.

五件能够在你想不起来某个词的时候能做的事情。

Number one, this is potentially the most exciting segment for me.

第一个,这对我来说可能是最令人兴奋的部分。

And I can't believe I haven't taught this to you before, because although these aren't real words, they are very commonly used.

而且我不敢相信我以前没有教过你,因为尽管这些不是真实的词,但它们很常用。

They are called placeholder names.

它们是称为占位符名称。

So you can use placeholder names or unknown name terms in place of the word or phrase or name that you're searching for.

所以你可以使用占位符名称或未知名称术语代替你现在正在思索的单词,短语或名称。

Now in English, we have loads of these and we use them all the time.

在英语中,我们有很多这样的词,我们一直使用它们。

My mum is constantly forgetting words and she comes up with the most amazing placeholder names to replace the words that she is lacking.

我妈妈经常忘词,她会想出最棒的占位符名称来替换她想不起来的那个词。

So just to be clear, these are words that replace a word that we can't think of, we can't remember, or we don't know.

澄清一下,这些词是用来替换我们想不起来,或者我们不知道的那个词的。

So firstly, we use lots of extensions of thing.

首先我们会用“thing”这个词的拓展。

We can say thingy, for example.

比如我们可以说“thingy”。

And we typically use this to refer to a thing that we don't know the name of.

通常我们用它来指代一个我们不知道名字的东西。

"The doctor gave me a thingy to help me deal with my stress."

“医生给了我个啥来帮助我应对压力。”

I might be referring to a stress ball or some fidget toy or something.

我可能指的是压力球或减压玩具或其它的什么。

I don't know the word.

我不知道那个词。

So I use thingy.

所以我用“thingy”这个词。

I just think it's worth noting, this is all an informal speech.

我想这一点还是值得说一下的,这些都是非正式的话语。

We wouldn't use this in academic text or in exams or in a business meeting.

我么不能在学术文章,或考试,或商务会议中使用这个词。

Well, you might, it depends on the corporate vibe.

好吧,你也许可以,这取决于公司的氛围。

Another very popular one is thingamajig, thingamajig.

另外一个非常受欢迎的词是“thingamajig”,“thingamajig”。

This can also refer to people.

它也可以指代人。

So if you can't remember someone's name, "Did you talk to thingamajig last night?"

所以如果你不记得某人的名字,“昨晚你跟那个谁说话了吗?”

Did you talk to unknown person last night?

昨晚你跟那个不认识的人说话了吗?

Thingamabob.

Thingamabob。

Thingamabob is almost exactly the same.

“Thingamabob”意思基本上是一样的。

It can refer to objects or to people.

它可以指物或指人。

"Have you spoken to thingamabob recently?"

“你最近跟那个谁讲过话吗?”

I can't remember their name, I'm hoping you know who I'm talking about and can say their name for me.

我记不清他们的名字了,我希望你知道我说的是谁,并且告诉我他们的名字。

Or, "My hairdresser gave me a thingamabob to help hold my hair in place."

或者“美发师给了我一个东西,帮助把我的头发固定好。

He gave me some hairspray, I'm guessing.

我猜他给我的是一些美发喷雾。

We also use some extensions of what as well, watchermacallit.

我们也会使用“what”的拓展词,watchermacallit。

And watchermacallit is very popular.

而且“watchermacallit”很受欢迎。

"Did you pick up a watchermacallit at the shop?"

你在商店里买到了那个什么吗?

This could be anything, can of tomatoes, a watermelon.

这可以指一罐番茄,一个西瓜。

Who knows?

谁知道呢?

Depends on the context.

取决于上下文。

We also use whatsitsname.

我们也用“whatsitsname”。

Whatitsname.

Watchermacallit seems to be more for things rather than people.

“Whatchamacallit”似乎更适合事物而非人。

Whatsitsname can be people or things.

它的名字可以是人或事物。

"Did you see any whatsitsnames at the shop?"

“你在商店里看到那个什么了吗?”

Now we do have a few specifically for people.

我们确实有些词专门指代人。

Whatshername or whatshisname.

Whatshername 或者 whatshisname。

There is another one, or two actually, 'cause it's masculine and feminine, that my mother uses it a lot and therefore I have always used a lot.

还有一个,事实上是两个,因为分男性和女性,我妈妈经常用所以我也一直在用。

But when I started using it with my fiance, he was quite surprised.

但是当我对我的未婚夫说这个词的时候,他非常惊讶。

He thought it was quite rude.

他觉得这很粗鲁。

It is whatsherface and whatshisface.

那就是 whatsherface 和 whatshisface。

If we can't remember the name of someone "Oh, did you see whatsherface?

如果我们不记得某人的名字,“哦,你看到那个女的了吗?

Whatsherface?"

那个女的?”

Or, "Oh, whatshisface was there last night."

或者,“哦,那个男的昨晚在那。”

And I remember Will being really shocked like, "Where did you learn these strange words?"

我记得威尔非常惊讶,他说:“你从哪学来的这些奇怪的词?”

But my mum uses them all the time.

但是我妈妈总是用它们。

So maybe note these ones down, but be careful who you use them with.

所以也许你可以把这些记下来,但要注意使用对象。

Finally, we use a lot placeholders with doo, doo.

最后,我们会用“doo”来构成占位符。

And it just goes to show that it depends on the family because in my family, we never use placeholders with doo, but in Will's family, they do use doo all the time.

而事实表明这个取决于家庭,因为在我家,我们从来不用“doo”构成的占位符,而在威尔的家里,他们总是使用“doo”。

The one that they use a lot is doodah, doodah.

他们用的很多的一个就是“doodah”,“doodah”。

And this refers mainly to people, but also to things.

而这个主要指人,但是也会指物。

So I think Will's mom told me once, "Oh doodah got engaged."

所以我想威尔的妈妈曾经跟我说过一次,“哦,那个谁订婚了。”

I was thinking, "Doodah?

我当时想,“Doodah?

Who's doodah?"

Doodah是谁?”

But no, doodah is a name used when you can't remember the person's name and you expect the other person to know who you're talking about.

但是不是这样的,doodah指的是当你不记得那个人的名字,并且希望另一个人知道谁你在说谁时所用的名字。

Doodad is the same thing, normally referring more to things.

Doodad 也是一样,通常更多地指代物。

"Can you go into the garage and see if there are any doodads?"

“你能去车库看看有没有那个什么吗?”

And hopefully your speaking partner will understand what you're talking about.

而且你的说话对象很可能能够明白你在说什么。

Now, number two is more of a general recommendation and this segment is sponsored by Lingoda.

那么第二个方法更应该说是一个建议,而且这个部分由 Lingoda 赞助。

It is study every day to try and avoid becoming rusty as I did with Spanish.

那就是每天学习以免像我的西班牙语那样变得生疏。

Taking a class every day is a great way to avoid that rustiness problem.

每天上课是避免的那个生疏的问题的好方法。

Lingoda are running their language sprint.

Lingoda 正在举办他们的语言冲刺活动。

With the language sprint, you can learn to speak a language confidently in three months, gain 100% of your money back and get free access to the Cambridge Online Speaking Test.

利用语言冲刺,你可以在三个月内学会自信地说某种语言,获得100%的退款,并且能够免费参加剑桥在线口语测试。

You just need to take one of their 24-7 classes every day for three months and get your course fees completely refunded.

你只需要连续三个月每天参加他们其中一项全年无休课程,然后就可以获得全额学费返还。

Click on the link in the description box to check the dates for this sprint.

点击描述栏中的链接来查看这次冲刺活动的日期。

Be quick.

抓紧时间。

If you miss the deadline or the spaces are filled, you will miss out.

如果你错过了截止日期或学位已满,那么你就错过了这次机会。

The Super Sprint offers a 100% refund and there is also the lighter Regular Sprint option with a 50% refund.

超级冲刺会提供100%的退款,还有较轻松的常规冲刺可供选择,退款是50%。

You can join the sprint in English, French, German, Spanish, and business English from beginner to advanced level.

你可以参加英语、法语、德语、西班牙语和商务英语的冲刺活动,难度从初学者到高级都有。

I'm really happy to share this opportunity with you because I've had first hand experience of how effective the Lingoda language challenges can be.

我真的很开心跟你们分享这个机会,因为我已经亲身体验了Lingoda 语言挑战有多么有效。

They've transformed many of my students' lives.

它们改变了我很多学生的人生。

They love Lingoda because they can interact with amazing qualified teachers anytime, anywhere, any day.

他们喜欢 Lingoda 是因为他们能够随时随地跟出色的有资质的教师互动。

Group sizes are really small and intimate with an average of just three students per class.

小组人数都非常少,而且关系亲密,平均每个班只有三个学生。

Over 30,000 people have participated in previous Lingoda language challenges with many of them being able to get in new jobs and overcome their fear of speaking.

有超过 30000 万人参加了之前的 Lingoda 语言挑战,其中许多人获得了新工作,并且克服了他们害怕说话的恐惧。

So how can you participate?

那么你们怎么参加呢?

Sign up for the sprint before the deadline and pay the deposit to secure your spot.

在截止日期之前报名参加冲刺活动,然后支付订金来保证你的席位。

You can use my code SCHOOL15 for €10 off.

你可以使用我的优惠码 SCHOOL 15 来获得10欧元的减免。

Lingoda will refund your tuition fee in full, along with your deposit if you attend the agreed number of classes within each sprint month, by following the contest rules.

如果你在每个冲刺的月份都参加了规定数量的课程,遵守了比赛的规则,Lingoda 会连同你的订金把所有的学费都返还给你。

Remember places in the sprint are limited.

冲刺活动的席位有限。

This is a language school, places fill up.

这是一个语言学校,学位会满。

So you have the link in the description box.

所以链接就在描述栏里。

You have my discount code SCHOOL15, €10 off.

你们有我的折扣码 SCHOOL15,可以优惠 10 欧元。

What are you waiting for?

你还在等什么?

Number three is try to describe the word using simple terms or generic terms.

第三个方法是尝试使用简单术语或通用术语来描述那个词。

Oftentimes, we over-complicate things by wanting to find a very, very specific word.

我们常常为了想要找到一个非常确切的词而把事情过于复杂化。

And as a result, we put a stop to our conversation flow and in the end make everything really awkward whilst we're trying to desperately think of something.

结果我们停止了对话流程,最后在我们拼命想某事的时候使一切变得非常尴尬。

That can wait.

这个可以等下再做。

You can make a mental note and search for that word later.

你可以把它记在心里,然后之后再去找那个词。

I think it's better to just search for a simple word that is good enough in the moment.

我觉得在当下去找一个简单的词会更好。

For example, imagine you can't remember the word puppy.

例如,假如你想不起来“小狗”这个词了。

You could just say baby dog.

你可以就说狗宝宝。

It's not overly correct, but it will do.

它并不是完全正确,但是也能用。

Or if you can't remember the word paediatrician, you could just say a doctor for children.

或者如果你想不起来“儿科医生”这个词,你可以就说给孩子看病的医生。

That leads me on to number four.

这就让我想到了第四点。

If it's a little more complex, you could try to describe the purpose or the use for something or someone.

如果情况更加复杂,你可以描述某物或某人的用途。

For example, if you wanted someone to pass you a pencil sharpener, but you can't think of the word, you could say, "Oh, can you pass me that thing that's used for making pencils pointed?"

比如,如果你想要某人给你递一个削笔刀,而你想不起来那个词,你可以说,“哦,你能把那个用来让铅笔变尖的东西给我吗?”

I've just said the use.

我说了用途。

And it's very clear what I would like.

而且清楚地表达了我想要什么。

Another example, say, I've met someone and they are really nice and they are a librarian and I'm trying to describe them to someone but I've forgotten the word librarian, I could say, "They work in the place where you can borrow books."

另一个例子,比如我遇到某希尔,而他们真的很好,他们是图书管理员,我想向某人描述他们,但我想不起来“图书管理员”这个词,我可以说,“他们在你可以借书的地方工作。”

Librarian, very clear, very obvious.

很明显就是图书管理员。

The final recommendation, number five, is to use approximations.

最后一个建议,第五个,那就是使用类似事物。

This is when you use phrases such as, it's like, it's sort of, it's kind of, it's kind of like, it's sort of like.

在这时候你会使用这样的短语,“it's like”,“ it's sort of”,“ it's kind of”,“ it's kind of like”,“it's sort of like”。

An example is the word jumpsuit or romper in American English.

一个例子就是美式英语中的连衫裤这个词。

If I don't know the exact word for that, I would say, "It's kind of like a dress, but with trousers as well."

如果我不知道那个确切的词,我可以说,“它有点像一条裙子,但是也有裤腿。”

So hopefully even if you didn't know what a jumpsuit or a romper is, you might now understand it because I've described it as a dress but with trousers or shorts.

所以即使你不知道连衫裤是什么,你也许会明白,因为我把它描述成了一个有裤腿或短裤的裙子。

Now using three, four and five instigates a great learning opportunity.

使用第三、四、五个方法能够创造一个非常好的学习机会。

The chances are that your speaking partner will know the words that you are searching for and they can help you as well.

你的说话对象很可能会知道你在思索的那个词,而他们也能帮到你。

You can set this off by saying at the beginning of a conversation, "By the way, if I use the wrong word, feel free to correct me.

你可以一开始就说,“顺便一提,如果我用错了词,请随时纠正我。

Don't feel rude to interrupt me."

不要觉得打断我很粗鲁。”

I always said this in Spanish and it was amazing how much people genuinely wanted to help me.

我总是用西班牙语这么说,而且你会发现有很多人真心想帮助我,这真是太棒了。

And it was really nice when we could laugh at my mistakes together, 'cause let's face it, when you're learning a new language, it isn't easy to make jokes in that language.

而当我们能一起因我的错误而发笑时,这是非常好的,因为面对现实吧,当你在学习新语言时,要用那个语言说笑话可没那么容易。

So a really nice way to have a laugh is to laugh at yourself and your language mistakes.

所以发笑的一个很好的方式就是自嘲,以及笑话你的语言错误。

I think it also makes the other person feel more comfortable as well.

我想着也会让对方觉得更自在。

Right.

好的。

That's it for today's lesson.

这就是今天的课程。

I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you learned something.

我希望你们喜欢,而且希望你们有所得。

If you have any more ideas or recommendations for overcoming language block, please leave them down below in the description box.

如果您还有其他关于克服语塞的想法或建议,请在下面的描述栏里留言。

No, don't put them in the description box, put them in the comments section.

不对,不是在描述栏里写,写在评论区里。

The description box is mine.

描述栏是我的。

The comments section is yours.

评论区是你们的。

Also feel free to share any funny language block moments you've had, times where there is just a word that is impossible to describe.

请大方地分享你任何有趣的语塞时刻,就是无法描述某个词的时刻。

Don't forget to check out the Lingoda Language Sprint.

别忘记查看 Lingoda 的语言冲刺活动。

The link is in the description box, along with all the dates and you can use my code, SCHOOL15 for a €10 discount on your deposit.

链接就在描述栏里, 还有日期,并且你们可以使用我的优惠码 SCHOOL15,抵扣 10 欧元的订金。

Don't forget to connect with me on all of my social media.

别忘记在我所有的社交媒体上联系我。

I've got my Facebook, my Instagram, and my Twitter.

我有脸书、INS、推特。

You can now sign up to receive emails from me.

你们现在可以注册并收到来自我的电子邮件。

The link is down in the description box as well.

链接也在下面的描述栏里。

Very exciting.

非常令人兴奋。

And I have my new vlogging channel.

而且我有我的新视频博客频道。

It's not so new anymore.

现在也不新了。

My vlogging channel, I'll be uploading a vlog very, very soon.

我的视频博客频道,我会马上上传视频博客的。

If not already, who knows?

也许不是呢,谁知道呢?

I will see you soon for another lesson.

我们下节课再见。

,