看故事学英语的(读故事学英语-)(1)

Manners

礼貌

It is good to be polite.

礼貌是好的。

People like you more when you are polite.

当你有礼貌的时候,人们会更喜欢你。

Always say please and thank you.

总是说“请”和“谢谢”。

If you ask for some milk, you should say, “Please, may I have a glass of milk?”

如果你要一些牛奶,你应该说:“请给我一杯牛奶好吗?”

When someone gives you the milk, you should respond with “Thank you.”

当有人给你牛奶时,你应该用“谢谢”来回答。

It is not difficult to be polite.

礼貌并不难。

You should not push or shove people.

你不应该推搡别人。

You should cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

咳嗽或打喷嚏时,你应该捂住嘴巴。

You should address people properly.

你应该恰当地称呼别人。

If you are trying to get someone’s attention, you would say, “excuse me.”

如果你想引起别人的注意,你会说:“对不起。”

You wouldn’t say, “hey you.”

你不会说,“嘿,你。”

There are table manners.

有餐桌礼仪。

That is where you eat properly and politely at the dinner table.

那就是你在餐桌上正确而礼貌地吃饭的地方。

You don’t shove food into your mouth.

你不会把食物塞进嘴里。

You don’t reach over other people’s plates.

你不能越过别人的盘子。

You don’t talk with your mouth full.

你不能嘴里塞满东西说话。

All of these things are common sense.

所有这些都是常识。

Being polite is mostly thinking about how you would like to be treated.

礼貌主要是考虑你希望别人如何对待你。

You wouldn’t want people to be impolite to you.

你不希望别人对你不礼貌。

It is not polite to point at people.

指着别人是不礼貌的。

It is not polite to burp out loud.

大声打嗝是不礼貌的。

It is not polite to use someone else’s things without asking first.

未经询问就使用别人的东西是不礼貌的。

Being polite just comes naturally if you have been brought up in a home where everyone was polite.

如果你是在一个人人都彬彬有礼的家庭长大的,那么礼貌就是自然而然的。

,