,下面我们就来说一说关于英语语法精华第4集?我们一起去了解并探讨一下这个问题吧!

英语语法精华第4集(BBC语法课09过去进行时)

英语语法精华第4集


Hello and welcome to the Grammar Gameshow! I'm your host, Will!

大家好,欢迎来到今天的语法脱口秀!我是主持人,Will。

– But I'll change for person and time! And of course, let's not forget Leslie, our all-knowing voice in the sky.

- 但是我是有人称时态变化的哦!当然,别忘了 Leslie,我们无所不知的空中声音。

Welcome, everyone! Tonight we're going to be asking three questions about. . .

欢迎大家!今晚,我们将问三个问题,关于……

The past continuous tense! OK! Now, let's meet our contestants!

过去进行时!好了,现在有请我们的参赛选手!

Hi everyone. I'm Helen! Contestant number 2?

大家好,我是 Helen!二号选手呢?

Hi, everyone. I'm Greg! Welcome back, Helen!

大家好,我是 Greg!欢迎回来,Helen!

Ok. Let's get going, and don't forget you can play along at home too. Our first round is a battle round.

好了,我们开始吧,别忘了你们在家也可以玩哦。第一轮是对战题。

Contestants ask each other questions about the past continuous until one of them makes a mistake. Helen, do you want to start?

两位选手互相提问,关于过去进行时的问题,直到其中一位选手出错为止。Helen,你要先开始吗?

Yes, please! That's a shame!

好的!太可惜了!

Greg, you can go first. . . Oh! Right!

Greg,你先来吧……哦,好的!

What is the formula for the past continuous? "Was" or "were" "verb-ING".

过去进行时的格式是怎样的呢?“Was” 或 “were” 加上动词 “ing” 形式。

What do we use the past continuous for? Actions which are in progress at a past time.

我们用过去进行时做什么?过去某个时间进行中的动作。

Give me an example. I was eating dinner at 6 pm last night.

举个例子吧。昨晚六点的时候我正在吃晚餐。

Do we use the past continuous with state verbs? No, not usually.

我们会把过去进行时和静态动词连用吗?不会,不常用。

Do we usually use the past continuous with repeated actions? Yes!

我们通常会用过去进行时和反复的动词连用吗?会!

Oh! That was vicious! Well played, but Helen, you made a mistake there.

噢!太邪恶了!玩的不错哦,但是 Helen,你错了一个。

Leslie? Mostly right!

Leslie?大都是对的!

The past continuous is used to describe actions that were in progress at a past time. It is constructed with "was" or "were" and "verbING" - and, being continuous, it does not usually use state verbs.

过去进行时用于描述过去时间正在进行的动作。它的组成是 “was” 或 “were” 加动词 “ing” 的形式,而作为进行时态,它通常不和静态动词连用。

However, it does not usually describe repeated actions or habits either. Sorry Helen, that's the past simple.

然而,它通常也不用于描述重复的动作或习惯。不好意思,Helen,那是一般过去时。

Sorry Helen. 20 points to Greg. Let's move on to our next round.

读不起,Helen,给 Greg 20 分。我们继续下一轮吧。

Which of these sentences is incorrect and why? I was walking when I tripped and fell.

以下哪个句子是错误的,为什么?我走路的时候绊倒摔了一跤。

I was walking while I tripped and fell. When I was walking, I tripped and fell.

我走路的时候绊倒摔了一跤。我走路的时候绊倒摔了一跤。

While I was walking, I tripped and fell. Trick question! They are all correct.

我走路的时候绊倒摔了一跤。陷阱题!都是正确的!

No, no. "B" is wrong. We don't use "while" for quick actions.

不,“B” 是错误的。我们让 “while” 和瞬时动词连用。

Wow. You two are really getting into it! Leslie?

哇,你们两个真的很投入!Leslie?

We often use the past continuous and past simple together to describe a longer action that is interrupted by a short one. These actions are connected with time words like "when" and "while".

我们通常会一起使用过去进行时和一般过去时来描述一个持续性动作被瞬时动作打断的情况。这些动作会用像 “when” 和 “while” 这样的词来连词。

However, we do not usually use "while" in front of the short action. So, well done Helen.

但是,我们通常不把 “while” 放在瞬时动作前面。所以,不错哦,Helen。

Well done Helen. 20 points for you! This is exciting. It's neck and neck!

完成的不错,Helen,给你 20 分!太激动人心了,真是并驾齐驱啊!

It's time for our final question. True or false.

到了最后一题了。是非题。

The past continuous can make you sound more polite. True!

过去进行时能使表达更委婉。正确!

It is true! Can you explain how?

是的没错!你能解释一下吗?

No? Greg?

不可以吗?Greg呢?

Using the past continuous makes things more polite because it seems temporary and so more casual. Leslie?

用过去进行时更委婉是因为它的表达是瞬时性的,更随意一些。Leslie?

Yep. Using the past continuous can make sentences seem more polite by distancing them from the present.

是的。使用过去进行时可以用远离当前的形式使得句子更委婉。

This makes them sound more tentative and less assertive. More gentle.

听起来多了些试探性,少了些独断性。更温和些。

For example, "I was hoping you could lend me money" is more polite than "I hope you can lend me money". Well, this is tricky.

比如,相对于 “我希望你借我钱”,“我在想你能借我点儿钱” 更委婉些。也是,这是具有技巧性的。

Helen, you said it was true, and Greg, you explained it. Who do I give the points to?

Helen,你刚刚说那是对的,而 Greg,你做出了解释。我要把分数给谁呢?

You should give it to me! No, I was the one who answered the question!

你应该给我!不,我才是那个回答了问题的人。

No, you didn't. I got it right. You should give it to me!

不,你没有,我答对了。你应该给我!

Oh rubbish! I know!

噢,垃圾!我知道!

Wasn't that easier? And that brings us to the end of today's Grammar Gameshow.

这不简单多了吗?那么今天的语法脱口秀就要结束啦。

And the winner is. . . me! Well done!

获胜者就是……我!很棒哦!

Thank you! What have I won?

谢谢!我的奖品是什么呢?

Cash in mixed currency! It looks like we'll need. . . two more contestants.

混合货币现金!看来我们需要再来两位选手啦。

Thanks for joining us. Say goodbye, Leslie.

谢谢参与。说再见吧,Leslie。

Goodbye Leslie. See you next time.

再见吧,Leslie。下次见。

,