While I was teaching, I observed that Salina is miles away from the lecture.
当我在教学时,我注意到萨利娜在没认真在听讲座。
That meeting was quite important, but you were miles away.
那次会议很重要,但你思想不集中。
You could tell by the expression on her face that she was miles away, thinking about home.
你可以从她脸上的表情看出她在开小差想家了。
Are you even listening to me? You seem a miles away.
你在听我说话吗?你好像注意力不集中。
值得注意的是,虽然 light years away 的构造跟 miles away 类似,但是它的寓意跟 miles away 的确是天壤之别,因此在学习的时候要区别对待,不能一概而论,例如:
light years away 遥遥无期,遥远
It all happened when I was at college, which seems light years away now that I'm over 50.
这一切都发生在我上大学的时候,现在我已经50多岁了,这似乎离我很遥远。
Full employment still seems light years away.
充分就业好像依然是遥遥无期。
不集中思想做事的人,往往心不在焉或在空想,因此我们还可以使用形容词 dreamy 和 absent-minded 来表达相关的意思,例如:
She had a dreamy look in her eyes.
她眼里带着心不在焉的神色。
Carol was absent-minded and a little slow on the uptake.
卡萝尔心不在焉,反应有点迟钝。
词或词组辨析:
1. inevitable [ɪnˈevɪtəbl] 意为”不可避免地“等
2. wealthier [ˈwɛlθɪə] 意为”富有的,富裕的“等
3. decamp [dɪˈkæmp] 意为”偷偷逃走,突然离开“
4. abscond [əbˈskɒnd] 意为”逃走,(携款)潜逃“
5. lose track of 意为”不了解…的动态,与…失去联系“
6. slow on the uptake 意为”领悟得慢“
关注外语行天下,后期会更精彩。
,