作者:小雅和英美友人
修边、剪刘海、吹头发,分步讲。
给头发分缝,英文怎么说?
Hair什么时候加s?
Mom: I think it's time that you get your hair cut.
妈妈:我觉得你该剪头了。
Hair什么时候可数,什么时候不可数,详细分析见文章结尾。
Child: Cut my hair? No!
宝宝:剪头?不要!
Mom: It is getting too long and it needs a little trim.
妈妈:太长了,需要稍微修一修。
Child: What does "trim" mean?
宝宝:“修”是什么意思?
Mom: Trim means to cut a little bit off the ends of the hair.
妈妈:修的意思就是把发梢剪掉一点点。
Child: But it will hurt!
宝宝:但是会疼的!
Mom: I promise it won't hurt.
妈妈:我保证不会疼的。
Your hair doesn't feel it.
你的头发根本感觉不到。
Can I show you?
我给你演示一下?
I will cut a little bit off to show you it doesn't hurt.
我剪掉一点儿让你看看疼不疼。
All done.
好了。
Did you feel that?
你能感觉到吗?
Child: No.
宝宝:不能。
Okay, I will try, Mommy.
好吧,我试试吧,妈妈。
Mom: Great, Let's go!
妈妈:好的,咱们走吧!
I have made you an appointment at the hairdresser's.
我已经给你和理发店预约了。
【At the Hairdresser's 在理发店】
Hairdresser: Hello, there!
理发师:你好!
My name is Joanna and I will be cutting your hair today.
我的名字是乔安娜,今天由我来给你剪头发。
【Sitting up High in the Styling Chair 坐在高高的造型椅上】
Hairdresser: Please climb up into my special chair.
理发师:爬到这个特制的椅子上来。
Now I am going to pump this lever at the back of the chair
我会压几下椅子后面的这个杆,
to make it go higher
把它调高点,
so I can cut your hair.
我就能给你剪头了。
【Preparing for the Cut 为剪头做准备】
Hairdresser: I also need to put this cover over you
理发师:我还需要给你围一个布,
so we don't get hair all over your nice clothes.
这样就不会弄得漂亮衣服上都是头发了。
It goes around your neck.
在你脖子上一围。
Is that okay?
行吗?
Child: I am a little scared.
宝宝:我有点害怕。
Mom: You are doing really well.
妈妈:你做得非常好。
Look how high you are sitting now!
你看你现在坐得多高啊!
Hairdresser: First, I will comb your hair
理发师:我先梳梳你的头发,
and spray some water on it.
然后在上面喷点水。
【Cutting the Child's Hair 给宝宝剪头】
Hairdresser: Then I will use my scissors to cut a little bit of hair off the ends.
理发师:然后我用剪子稍微剪掉一点发梢。
Sit still.
坐好。
You don't want your hair to be cut wrong.
你可不想头发剪坏了吧。
I won't take long.
一会儿就好。
Just be patient.
耐心点哦。
【Cutting Bangs 剪头发帘】
Hairdresser: I'm going to cut your bangs.
理发师:我该剪你的头发帘了。
Please close your eyes
把眼睛闭上,
so the hair doesn't get into your eyes.
这样头发就不会进眼睛里了。
How do you want me to part your hair? To the left, to the right, or down the middle?
你想让我怎么分缝?往左分、往右分,还是在中间分?
Child: In the middle.
宝宝:在中间分。
【Drying the Child's Hair 给宝宝吹头发】
Hairdresser: Let's dry your hair now.
理发师:我现在把你的头发吹干。
We'll use the blowdryer.
咱们用这个吹风机。
吹风机亦可用hairdryer。
It's going to be loud.
会有点吵。
Are you ready?
你准备好了吗?
【After the Haircut 理发后】
Hairdresser: There you go.
理发师:好了。
We are all done.
完成了。
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Child: It didn't hurt at all
宝宝:一点都不疼,
and my hair is shorter!
而且我的头发变短了!
Hairdresser: That's right, I made your hair shorter by cutting it.
理发师:是的,我把你的头发剪短了。
I will see you next time when your hair grows again and you need another haircut.
等你头发再长长了,下次又需要剪的时候再见咯!
附:Hair什么时候可数,什么时候不可数?
★ 大部分时候,hair是作不可数名词的,如:
You have hair in your face.
你脸上有头发。
Let's part your hair.
我给你的头发分个缝。
The back part of my hair has lots of split ends.
我后面的头发有很多分叉。
★ Hair仅在强调“根数”的时候作可数名词,如:
I pulled 3 gray hairs this morning.
我今天早上拔了3根白头发。
That man only has 5 hairs on his head.
这个男人头上只有5根头发。
Let's comb those stray hairs back into place.
咱们把那几根散头发梳回去。
【公众号:你和宝宝说英语】
,