Gabrielle:Hello. what's going on?

你好,怎么回事?

Father Crowley:Gabrielle,I want you to meet someone.this is Xiao-mei.

加布丽尔,我想让你见一个人,这是小梅。

Carlos:She's the young lady who was forced to work for Maxine Bennett.

她曾是为玛克西恩.班纳特干活的那个年轻女士。

Gabrielle:Oh, the slave.Wow. Looks well-fed.

那个奴隶啊。看起来营养挺充足的。

Father Crowley:The church is making arrangements for her to return to China.But until then,she needs a place to stay.

教堂打算安排她遣送中国,在那之前,她得有地方落脚。

Carlos:So I offered up our guest room.

所以我提出住我们家客房。

Gabrielle:Really?(chuckles) Baby, can I talk to you for a second?

真的吗?宝贝,我们能聊一聊吗?

Gabrielle:Are you nuts?!

你疯了吗?

Carlos:It's only for a couple of days.

只是几天而已。

Gabrielle:Oh, this time.You are quickly becoming Father Crowley's go-to guy for charity cases.

这次你这么快就成了克劳里神父慈善事业的骨干了啊。

Carlos:And that's a bad thing?

这是坏事吗?

Gabrielle:When he turns our house into a catholic underground railroad, yes!

他把我们的家变成了一座天主教秘密的通道,没错

Carlos:You know who you are, Gaby?You're the kind of person who would've turned away Mary and Joseph from the inn.

你知道你是哪一种人吗?加布。你是那种会把圣母玛利亚和约瑟夫拒之客栈门外的人。

Gabrielle:Well, they should've called ahead.

他们应该提前打电话。

美剧学口语听力(看美剧学口语Areyou)(1)

,