Lynette:Word is out all over town that you're unhappy at Zimms,so why not jump ship and come to Parcher & Murphy? I swear, Veronica,you would fit in so well here.

外面风传你在奇幕斯公司干得不开心。干嘛不跳槽来帕切尔.墨菲公司。维罗妮卡,我跟你保证,你很适合这里。

Veronica:I do need to make a change, Lynette,but the money you're offering...

我的确需要跳槽,但你们开的价......

Lynette:Yeah, it sucks, but there are other perks--the expense account, the corner office...

确实,工资低,但有其他福利,比如费用报销,拐角的办公室。

Veronica:I don't know.You're just gonna have to give me some time to think about it.

我拿不定主意,你得给我时间考虑考虑。

Lynette:Fair enough, fair enough.Okay, what is your secret?How can you eat like that and keep your figure?

也对,好吧,你的秘诀是什么?你这样吃东西还能保持身材?

Veronica:It's the breast-feeding.It burns so many calories.It's like having a treadmill strapped

to your chest.

全靠母乳喂养,太消耗热量了。就好像胸部自己长了个跑步机一样。

Lynette:I didn't know you had a child.

真没看出来你都有了孩子了。

Veronica:Yes, my son Donovan.He's the love of my life.

是啊,我儿子叫多诺万,我的心肝宝贝。

Lynette:Really, Veronica?Well, you know, there's another perk that I just thought of.

真的吗,维罗妮卡。我刚想到还有另一项福利。

Veronica:Oh, My gosh, this is fantastic!They don't have day care at Zimms.

我的天啊,太棒了。 奇幕斯公司可没有这样的日托啊。。

Lynette:How can they not?For working parents like you and me, It's a necessity.So is the pot getting sweeter?

怎么可以没有呢?对于你我这样的工薪父母,这个是必需的。现在觉不觉得这家公司好了?

Veronica:Would people here be cool about my breast-feeding Donovan?The guys at Zimms

were real jerks about that.

这儿的人能不能接受我给多诺万喂奶?奇幕斯的人,对此态度强硬。

Lynette: Parcher & Murphy is completely mother-friendly.No one would say a word.

帕切尔.墨菲公司绝对欢迎母亲,谁都不会说一个不字儿。

Veronica:What the heck, I'm in.

管他呢,我入伙了。

Lynette:Yeah?Well, that's fantastic!

真的吗?太棒了。

Veronica:Oh, my god,Whose kids are those?

我的天啊,那几个是谁的孩子?

Lynette:I have absolutely no idea.Let's go hammer out the details.

完全没印象,走,我们去敲定一下细节。

Veronica:Okay.

好的。

为什么选定的工作去年有空白的呢(Whynotjump)(1)

勒奈特:外面风传你在奇幕斯公司干得不开心。干嘛不跳槽来帕切尔.墨菲公司。维罗妮卡,我跟你保证,你很适合这里。 维罗妮卡:我的确需要跳槽,但你们开的价...... 勒奈特:确实,工资低,但有其他福利,比如费用报销,拐角的办公室。 维罗妮卡:我拿不定主意,你得给我时间考虑考虑。 勒奈特:也对,好吧,你的秘诀是什么?你这样吃东西还能保持身材? 维罗妮卡:全靠母乳喂养,太消耗热量了。就好像胸部自己长了个跑步机一样。 勒奈特:真没看出来你都有了孩子了。 维罗妮卡:是啊,我儿子叫多诺万,我的心肝宝贝。 勒奈特:真的吗,维罗妮卡。我刚想到还有另一项福利。 维罗妮卡:我的天啊,太棒了。 奇幕斯公司可没有这样的日托啊。。 勒奈特:怎么可以没有呢?对于你我这样的工薪父母,这个是必需的。现在觉不觉得这家公司好了? 维罗妮卡:这儿的人能不能接受我给多诺万喂奶?奇幕斯的人,对此态度强硬。 勒奈特:帕切尔.墨菲公司绝对欢迎母亲,谁都不会说一个不字儿。 维罗妮卡:管他呢,我入伙了。 勒奈特:真的吗?太棒了。 维罗妮卡:我的天啊,那几个是谁的孩子? 勒奈特:完全没印象,走,我们去敲定一下细节。 维罗妮卡:好的。

,