The world is very big,or is it?
世界很大,是吗?
但有时候我们会遇到凑巧的事的时候,就会有“世界真小”的错觉, 我们称之为“small world”, “small world”在对话中的使用也很简单:
对话:
A:Something is so strange happened to me, a woman moved in right across the hall from me.
A: 我身上发生了一件很奇怪的事, 一个女人从我对面搬进来了。
B:Doesn’t seem too strange, it’s an apartment building.
B: 看起来不太奇怪,这是一栋公寓楼。
A:No , we went to college together years ago in China.
A:不,我们几年前在中国一起上大学。
B:Okay,that is strange. It’s a small world, Anna.
B:好吧,真奇怪。世界真小,安娜。
A:Right? Small wolrd.
A: 对吧,这世界真小。
总结:
Small world 这个世界真小
The phrase “It’s a small world” is used to express surprise at how connexted people are.
“It’s a small world”这个短语用来表达人们的亲密程度让人惊讶。
You can say this when you run into someone you know a long time ago in a completely unexpected place.
当你在一个完全意想不到的地方遇见你很久以前认识的人时,你可以这样说。
举例:
- What a small world, we come from same city.
世界太小了,我们来自相同的城市。
- I know him very well. It's a small world.
我和他很熟。这世界真小。
- Really? It's such a small world, isn't it?
真的吗?世界可真小,不是吗?
,