Carlos:Hey, honey.Can we talk about something?

宝贝,能谈谈吗?

Gabrielle:Sure.

当然。

Carlos:So I've been thinking about the whole baby thing.And how ever long it takes for you to feel ready,I am fine with.

我一直在考虑生孩子的事,你需要多长时间调整都行,我没意见。

Gabrielle:Okay.

好哇。

Carlos:But here's the deal...I need to know that this isn't a maybe.I want a promise that we will have children.

但有个条件,我要确认这不仅仅是个可能性。我要你许诺,我们将来一定会要小孩。

Gabrielle:I'm sorry.I can't promise that.

对不起,我没法保证。

Carlos:Why not?

为什么?

Gabrielle:Because I can't say that I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and suddenly wanna do something that I swore my entire life.I would never do. "maybe" is a very big step for me.

因为我不能保证,明早我一睁眼就突然想做一件事,我曾发誓这辈子都绝不会做的事。“可能”对我来说已经是很大的让步了。

Carlos:Yeah, well, it isn't big enough for me.

可这对我来讲还不够。

Gabrielle:Well, I'm sorry, but you're just gonna have to accept it.There's nothing else you can do.

那就不好意思了,你只能接受这一现实。你别无选择。

Carlos:That isn't necessarily true.

那可不一定。

Gabrielle:Excuse me?

什么?

Gabrielle:You are threatening me with an annulment?That conniving little bitch put you up to this, didn't she?Didn't she?

你是用判决婚姻无效来威胁我吗?是那个阴险的小荡妇教你这么做的,对吧?是不是?

Carlos:This fight could be over right now if you'd just make me a promise.

只要你对我做出承诺,咱俩就不用吵了。

Gabrielle:The only promise I am making you is that this is so not over.

我对你唯一的承诺就是:这事没完。

提高自己的英语俗语(34maybe)(1)

卡洛斯:宝贝,能谈谈吗? 加布丽尔:当然。 卡洛斯:我一直在考虑生孩子的事,你需要多长时间调整都行,我没意见。 加布丽尔:好哇。 卡洛斯:但有个条件,我要确认这不仅仅是个可能性。我要你许诺,我们将来一定会要小孩。 加布丽尔:对不起,我没法保证。 卡洛斯:为什么? 加布丽尔:因为我不能保证,明早我一睁眼就突然想做一件事,我曾发誓这辈子都绝不会做的事。“可能”对我来说已经是很大的让步了。 卡洛斯:可这对我来讲还不够。 加布丽尔:那就不好意思了,你只能接受这一现实。你别无选择。 卡洛斯:那可不一定。 加布丽尔:什么? 加布丽尔:你是用判决婚姻无效来威胁我吗?是那个阴险的小荡妇教你这么做的,对吧?是不是? 卡洛斯:只要你对我做出承诺,咱俩就不用吵了。 加布丽尔:我对你唯一的承诺就是:这事没完。

,