If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas

近朱者赤,近墨者黑(如果你跟狗狗躺在一起,起来后就会惹来跳蚤)

You will acquire the faults of bad people if you associate with them.

如果你跟坏人牵扯在一起,就会染上他们的恶习。

动物主题的英语成语(实用英语知识点)(1)

Steven’s father warned Steven to stay away from the older group of rough- looking teenagers by saying, “If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.”

史蒂芬的爸爸为了警告他远离那群看似不良的年长青少年,因此对他说:「近朱者赤,近墨者黑。」

in the doghouse 招灾惹祸(在狗屋裡)

in trouble. 惹上麻烦。

Tom was in the doghouse with his wife after drinking with his friends and returning home at 3:oo am.

汤姆跟朋友喝酒喝到凌晨三点才回家,因此惹恼了老婆大人。

It’s a dog eat dog world 这是个同类相残(狗咬狗)的世界

It’s a vicious cruel world. 这是个凶险残酷的世界。

Before leaving home, Darren’s father told him, “It’s a dog eat dog world, so be careful.”

戴伦的父亲在他离家前对他说:「你要小心点,这是个狗咬狗的世界。」

Love me, love my dog 爱屋及乌(爱我,也爱要我的狗狗)

If you love someone, you should accept everything about that person, including their faults.

如果你爱某人,就应该接受那个人的一切,包括他的缺点。

When Joe asked Karen to marry him, she responded by saying, “Love me, love my dog.”

阿乔向凯伦求婚时,她回答:「你要爱屋及乌。」

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks 积习难改(老狗学不了新把戏)

It is very difficult to teach new skills or change longstanding habits or character traits in people. 要教会人们新技巧,或令他们改变积习或人格特质是非常困难的。

I tried to show my father how to use the computer, but you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

我试著向老爸示范如何用电脑,但老狗总是学不会新把戏。

有关英语知识就分享到这里,在学英语过程中,如果想知道更多关于英语口语方面的内容,可以关注我,未来还会有更多优质内容分享给大家。

在英语学习的过程中,英语口语确实是一个比较难以提升的核心能力,虽然能够通过多听来达成一定的效果,但是效果还是没有与真实的外国人交谈效果好的,如果身边没有合适的英语口语练习对象的朋友,我建议试试看我一直推荐的外教一对一课程,他们现在有免费体验课程,试听之后就知道效果怎么样了。

点击左下角的“了解更多”按钮即可注册领取一节与纯正欧美外教一对一交流课程,大家在口语上面有什么问题都能够一对一解决。

,