Hello and welcome to today's Grammar Gameshow! I'm your host, Will!,我来为大家科普一下关于英语语法省略结构?下面希望有你要的答案,我们一起来看看吧!

英语语法省略结构(BBC语法课14So)

英语语法省略结构

Hello and welcome to today's Grammar Gameshow! I'm your host, Will!

大家好,欢迎来到今天的语法脱口秀!我是主持人 Will!

- It rhymes with "thrill"! And of course, let's not forget Leslie, our all-knowing voice in the sky.

- 我的名字和 “thrill” 很押韵哦!当然,别忘了 Leslie,我们无所不知的空中声音。

Hello everyone! Tonight we're going to ask you three questions about. . .

大家好!今晚我们会问你们三个问题,关于……

"So" and "such"! Those two little intensifiers that allow us to modify adjectives and nouns!

“So” 和 “such”!这两个短小的加强词我们可以用来修饰形容词和名词!

OK! Now, let's meet our contestants! Hi all. My name's Mark!

好了,现在有请今天的参赛选手!大家好,我叫 Mark。

And contestant number two? It's nice to meet you. I'm Selene!

二号选手呢?很高兴见到你,我叫 Selene!

It's nice to meet you Mark. Oh. . . thanks.

很高兴认识你,Mark。噢……谢谢。

It's nice to meet you too. I love your blouse.

也很高兴认识你。我很喜欢你的上衣。

Oh thanks! It's really… kind of you to say.

谢谢!真是……过奖了。

Yes, yes… alright. Enough fraternizing.

好了好了。聊的够多了。

Nice to see you again Mark. OK. Let's get going and don't forget you can play along at home too.

再次欢迎你,Mark。好了,我们开始吧,别忘了你们在家里也可以玩哦。

Our first round is a find-the-mistake round. Look at these sentences and tell me why they are incorrect!

第一轮是找错题。看句子,然后告诉我句子错在哪儿!

How was your holiday? It was such sunny!

你假期过得怎么样?阳光很明媚!

It was so a sunny place! Oh. . .

这是个阳光很明媚的地方!噢……

I'm sorry… after you. No, no, no, no. . . after you.

不好意思……你先。不不不,你先。

No… after you. Good grief!

不,你先。天哪!

Mark. It was you. They're the wrong way around.

Mark,你先。他们两个用反了。

Don't we use "so" with adjectives and "such" with noun phrases? Leslie?

我们不是要用 “so” 修饰形容词,用 “such” 修饰名词短语吗?Leslie?

Well done! We can use "so" and "such" to emphasize something that we are talking about.

很棒!我们可以用 “so” 和 “such” 来强调说明我们所谈论的事物。

We use "so" to emphasize an adjective and "such" to emphasize a noun phrase. It was so sunny.

用 “so” 来强调形容词,用 “such” 来强调名词。天气晴朗。

It was such a sunny place. Good job. Here's a bonus question:

真是个天气晴朗的地方。很好,这是一道附加题。

If the thing we emphasize using "so" and "such" causes a reaction, what structure do we need to add? We use a "that" clause.

如果我们用 “so” 和 “such” 所强调的事物产生了某种结果,我们要加上什么结构?我们要用 “that” 从句。

Leslie? Absolutely right!

Leslie?完全正确!

We can add a "that" clause to a "so" or "such" phrase to say that the thing we are emphasizing is the reason that something happened! Well done, Selene.

我们可以在 “so” 或者 “such” 短语之后加 “that” 从句来表达我们所强调的事物是该结果产生的原因。很棒,Selene。

OK. It's time for a quick-fire round. Complete these "so" and "such" phrases with a "that" clause.

好了,是时候来一轮快问快答了。把这些 “so” 和 “such” 短语补充完整,用一个 “that” 从句。

The day was so sad. . . that I couldn't believe it when I met Mark. Correct!

这一天太糟糕了……以至于我都不敢相信我遇到了 Mark。正确!

She's such a kind person. . . that you can always ask her for help. Correct!

她是一个非常善良的人,所以你可以随时向她求助。正确!

Yes. . . quite. I met someone so attractive. . . that I can't resist how I feel.

不错。我遇到了个很有魅力的人……以至于我无法控制自己的感受。

Correct! Focus on the game, please!

正确!请把注意力放在比赛上!

There was such chemistry. . . that I couldn't control myself.Correct.

这是一种化学反应……以至于我控制不住我自己。正确。

Alright, stop it now. You're making everyone ill!

好啦,别再说了。你们恶心到大家了。

Two points each. OK. On to our second round.

每人得两分。好的,继续第二轮。

How can we use "so" and "such" to emphasize a great quantity of something? Please, after you. . .

我们要如何用 “so” 和 “such” 强调东西很多呢?请吧,你先……

I couldn't possibly. . . As if I could go before you, Selene.

我可能不会……Selene,不然我先来吧。

Selene! We combine them with "much" and "many".

Selene!我们可以把他们跟 “much” 和 “many” 一起使用。

How about an example? Selene has such many points that I could never win.

举个例子?Selene 得了很多分,我赢不了了。

That answer was totally wrong. Was it?

回答完全错误。是吗?

I'm sorry I seem to have lost focus. Stop it!

不好意思,我走神了。别再想了!

Leslie? When we want to emphasize the quantity of something we can combine "so" with "much" or "many".

Leslie?当我们想强调东西很多的时候,我们可以用 “so” 加 “much” 或者 “many”。

"Much" is used for uncountable nouns - so much love - and "many" is used for countable nouns - so many hugs. However, we cannot combine "such" with either "much" or "many".

不可数名词用 “much”,如很多爱,可数名词用 “many”,如很多拥抱。但是,我们不能把 “such” 和 “much” 或者 “many” 一起使用。

That form does not exist. Alright loverboy.

这种形式是不存在的。好了美男子。

Minus eight points to you. Mark!

给你扣八分。Mark!

Selene! Oi!

Selene!哎!

Look at me! On to our last question.

看我!最后一题。

Look at these two short dialogues and tell me what the difference is between "so", "such" and "very". You are very late.

看这两个短对话,告诉我 “so”,“such”,“very” 的区别在哪儿。你太迟了。

I'm sorry I'm so late. I missed the bus. We had a very good time.

不好意思,迟到这么多。我错过公交车了。我们玩得很开心。

Why do you think you had such a good time? Oh, third time! I'm sorry.

为什么你会觉得你过得很开心?噢,第三次了!不好意思。

It must be destiny. You're making the audience sick!

这就是命。你恶心到观众了!

Selene, you go! Well, all three are being used to emphasise something, so. . .

Selene,你来回答!好的,这三个词都是用来强调的,所以……

I'm not sure. Maybe Marky knows. . . he's so clever.

我不确定。Marky 大概知道……他那么聪明。

His name's Mark! Thanks Seleney.

他叫 Mark!谢谢,Seleney。

In the first line of each dialogue, the speaker introduces a new idea. In the second, the person emphasizes the same idea. . . so it's something to do with new information and known information.

每段对话的第一行,说话者提出了一个新看法。第二行,那个人强调了同样的看法,所以应该是新信息和已知信息的区别。

Leslie? Well done. . .

Leslie?非常好……

Marky. "So", "such" and "very" can emphasize, but we usually use "very" when giving new information and "so" or "such" to emphasize information that is already known.

Marky。虽然 “so”,“such”,和 “very” 都可以强调,但是给出新信息的时候我们通常用 “very”,然后用 “so” 和 “such” 来强调已知的信息。

Well done. Have seven points between you. Oh, no. You can have them Selene.

非常棒。你们中间有人得7分。噢,不,应该是 Selene 得7分。

No, you can have them Mark. No, you.

不,应该是你得分,Mark。不,是你。

No, you. Oh, let it end already.

不,是你。噢,结束吧。

Well, that brings us to the end of today's Grammar Gameshow. Let's count out the points.

好了,今天的语法脱口秀就到这里了。我们算下分数吧。

And the winner is. . . up to you. Mark. . . Selene. . . one of you has to lose.

获胜者是……你们来定吧。Mark……Selene……你们中有一个人必须输。

Who's it going to be? I'll lose. . . let her win.

会是谁呢?我会输……让她赢。

No. . . Mark you can't! My darling. . .

不,Mark,不能这样!亲爱的……

It's a far better thing I do, than I have ever done before. Alright.

这是我做过的最棒的事情。好吧。

You chose. Watch out for the elephants!

你来选。答案要揭晓了!

It looks like we'll need another contestant. And Selene, well done to you.

看来我们需要再来一位参赛选手了。Selene,你很棒。

Here's what you've won. It's a tandem bicycle!

这是你赢的。是辆双人自行车!

Perfect for taking long rides with your lover. I'll never love again!

可以带上你的爱人一起骑车出游,很完美。我不会再爱了!

We'll see you again next week, where you can play for another prize. Thanks for joining us.

我们下周见,到时候你们可以赢取新的奖品。感谢参与。

Say goodbye, Leslie. Ciao, Leslie.

说再见吧,Leslie。再见吧,Leslie。

See you next time. Wave, Selene.

下次见。挥手,Selene。

Wave and smile!

挥手,微笑!

,