商务英语口语句型(实用常见商务俚语)(1)

“keep one’s eye on the ball” 意思是给予某人充分的注意,不要失去焦点。

I know we can do it. We just need to keep our eyes on the ball and not lose focus.

我知道我们能做到。我们只需要关注,不要失去焦点。

"last straw" “最后一根稻草”指的是最后的烦恼、干扰或背叛,它会使人放弃、失去耐心或变得愤怒。

Our boss had been unhappy with Brian's performance for a while, but it was the last straw when he came to work three hours late without calling.

我们的老板对布莱恩的表现不满意有一段时间了,但他让brian最失望的是没打电话就迟到了三个小时。

"learn the ropes" “学会诀窍”的意思是学习一些东西的基本知识。

I like my new position. I'm starting to learn the ropes.

我喜欢我的新工作。我开始懂得诀窍了。

"long shot" 是指发生的可能性很小的事情。

Winning the lottery is a long shot, but millions of people still buy lottery tickets.

中的可能性不大,但仍有数百万人购买。

"lose ground" “失去地盘”的意思是失去某种优势(例如市场份额)给竞争对手。

Apple lost some ground to Samsung last quarter.

苹果在上个季度输给了三星。

no brainer 不用脑的

Taking the new job was a no brainer. They offered me more money, a better schedule, and more vacation days.

接受这份新工作是很容易的事。他们给了我更多的钱,更好的计划和更多的假期。

"no strings attached" “没有附加条件

They will let you try the product for free with no strings attached. If you don't like it, there is no pressure to buy it.

他们会让你免费试用产品,不附带任何条件。如果你不喜欢它,就没有买它的压力。

"no time to lose" “没有时间去浪费”,这意味着要尽快完成某件事有很大的压力。

I told them I'd be finished by the end of the day and it's already 4:45. I need to get to work. There's no time to lose.

我告诉他们我会在一天结束前完成,现在已经4点45分了。我得去上班了。没有时间可浪费了。

not going to fly 不会飞起来意思是无效,没有发展

I don't think that's going to fly. Let's keep generating ideas.

我不认为它有发展。让我们持续想新观点。

off the top of one's head 从我的头顶上看,意思是他们给出的回答没有考虑很多,大概估计。

I have no idea how many branches they have. Off the top of my head, I'd say about 20.

我不知道他们有多少个分支。从我大概估计,大概有20个。

on a roll 连续几次成功

Our profits have been above our projected numbers for five months in a row. We're really on a roll.

我们的利润连续5个月高于预期。我们真的很成功。

“on the ball” 的意思是对事情保持警觉和意识,能干。

My new personal assistant is working out well. He's really on the ball.

我的新私人助理工作得很好。他真的很能干。

”On the same page“ , “在同一页上,”他们在某些事情上意见一致。

Let's go over the details of what we agreed on to make sure we're on the same page.

让我们仔细检查一下我们达成一致的细节,以确保我们的观点一致。

“on top of something” 意思是控制局面,意识到变化。

I read a lot to stay on top of the latest changes in my industry.

我读了很多书来了解我所在行业的最新变化。

“on your toes” 站在你的脚趾上, 意思是保持警觉

Stay on your toes. Anything can happen.

保持警觉,任何事情都有可能发生。

"out in the open" 是公众的知识,而不是隐藏在人们面前

I think it's good to do things out in the open because people get suspicious if you do things in secret.

我认为在公开场合做事是件好事,因为如果你秘密做事,人们会怀疑你。

“out of the loop” 意思是“跳出圈”,意思是不知道一群特定的人知道的事情。

I felt like I was out of the loop after being on vacation for two weeks.

在休假了两周后,我觉得自己有点不对劲。

,