#大学英语听力#
What did Triceratops smell like?
三角龙闻起来像什么?
Bones have given us an osteological outline of what the famous “three-horned face” looked like.
骨骼给了我们一个著名的“三角脸”的骨科轮廓。
Skin impressions and colors of related animals have offered some possibilities about saurian fashion, too.
与之相关的动物的皮肤印象和颜色也为蜥蜴的时尚提供了一些可能性。
But, if we were able to travel back 67 million years, what scent would waft away from the hefty herbivore? Would it smell like a barnyard? Like nothing at all? Would the dinosaur carry a whiff of… frill cheese?
但是,如果我们能够回到6700万年前,会有什么气味从这种巨大的食草动物身上飘走呢?会不会闻起来像谷仓?什么都不喜欢?恐龙会携带一股…的气息吗?褶边奶酪?
We know more than ever about dinosaurs.
我们比以往任何时候都更了解恐龙。
New species, new insights, new hypotheses.
新的物种,新的见解,新的假设。
It’s almost impossible to keep up with everything.
几乎不可能跟上一切。
But one aspect of dinosaur lives we know precious little about is how they would have smelled – to us or, more importantly, to each other.
但我们对恐龙生活的一个方面知之甚少,那就是它们会有什么气味-对我们,更重要的是,对彼此。
I can think of a few reasons why discerning dino perfume hasn’t struck the cover of Nature or Science just yet.
我可以想出一些原因,为什么辨别恐龙香水还没有登上“自然”或“科学”杂志的封面。
The first is a lack of direct evidence.
首先是缺乏直接证据。
,