过完长假,无心工作?
Jenny、Adam也一样!
今天,他们分享10句提高工作效率和人生效率的英语建议;
希望帮你、也帮自己找回工作状态!
节目音乐:Bills by Lunch Money Lewis
Still in holiday mode? 还在放假状态?
It sounds so obvious, but very true: 这点听起来特别显而易见,但是很正确
Through work, you can begin work: 通过工作,开始工作
Can you relate to that? 你认同吗?
I can, because I can always find excuses not to work: 我认同啊,因为我很容易给自己找借口,不开始工作。最好的方法就是实际开始干
When we were in school, we might hold off doing homework; It's the same way with working: 上学的时候,大家常常拖拖拉拉不做功课,工作也是一样的
I can also attest to that: 我也特别认同这点
So the best way is to just turn on your computer and start working: 所以最好的方法就是打开电脑,开始工作
Here comes the question | 但是问题来了
We've accumulated so much work over the break: 一个假期,堆积了好多工作
Where do you start? There's so much to do after one week: 怎么开始呢?放了一周假,要做的实在太多了
Try this next tip |试试下一条建议吧!
#2. Break big tasks into smaller, manageable chunks.
把大任务切分成小任务
One way to overcome your fear is to break down a large task into manageable little chunks: 一个克服恐惧的方式,就是把大任务切分成小碎片
Hands-down a good tip: 举双手赞成
-
怎么用这个短语?
OpenLanguage is hands-down the best English learning resource out there: 开言英语绝对是最好的英语学习资源
What a great plug: 广告打得很好哦
Manageable: 容易管理的、容易消化的
Chunks: 小碎片
This tip also applies to learning English: 这条建议对学英语也很适用
Break learning down into smaller, managable chunks: 把学英语切分成易实行的小碎片
Study 10-15 minutes chunks throughout the day rather than 2-3 hour big sessions: 一天中,用10到15分钟的碎片来学习,不是2、3个小时的大段时间
It's easier to do and stick to: 更容易执行和坚持下去
#3. Write down your priorities.
写出一周重点
Write down your priorities Monday morning, plan your week: 周一早上,把一周的重点写下来,好好计划新的一周
Writing things down reall helps you to visualize how you're spending your time: 把东西写下来,能有效帮你视觉化自己的时间分配
It will help you adjust accordingly: 并作相应调整
#4. Get a head start.
预先准备
Start the night before or early morning: 要提高效率,就要事先准备;不管是前一晚还是一大早
A head start has nothing to do with head: head start和头没什么关系
It means to prepare in advance: 它的意思就是事先准备
I love starting the day early: 我很喜欢早点开始一天
Wake up early, get to the office early: 早起,早点到办公室
It gives me space and quietness when no one is in the office: 大家还没来上班,我有很多空间、宁静
I can knock things down early in the day: 可以早早就开始处理工作
It really does give me a head start: 真的能让我准备充足
# 5. Understand how your brain works.
了解你大脑的工作模式
This tip is about self-understanding: 这条建议是关于自我认识的
Knowing when you're the most and least productive: 懂得自己什么时候是最有效率、和最没效率的
Get more done when you are feeling more productive: 自己效率高的时候,就多干一会儿、多完成一些
#6. Turn off distractions.
关掉干扰
Turn off WeChat Moments, Taobao, videos...... focus on a single task without interruption: 微信朋友圈、淘宝、视频,统统关掉、不理会;专心做一件事,不受打扰
Distraction: 干扰、让你分心的事
Turn off, 既能关掉机器,也能关掉抽象的东西
-
Turn off phones: 关手机
-
Turn off emotion: 关闭情绪
-
Turn off digital and mental distractions: 关掉电子和心理干扰
#7. Batch process.
批量处理
Batch: 一堆、一批
It means to group similar tasks into one batch and knock them out at once:意思就是把同类的工作归类,集中处理
Instead of checking emails every other hour, set aside a time just for emails: 比如邮件,与其断断续续看邮件、回邮件,不如安排一个时间段,专门处理邮件
Create time blocks for blocks of activities: 用时间段处理同类工作
#8. Do not procrastinate. Just get it done.
戒掉拖延症, 果断去做
This is easier said than done: 这点真是说着容易,做起来难
Hands-down: 我举双手赞成
We've talked about procrastiation in a show before: 我们之前有一集节目说过拖延症
Everyone procrastinates about something, even the most productive ones: 每个人总会对一些事拖拉,即使是最有效率的人
But you need to stop procrastinating about important things: 但是你要督促自己,不要在重要的事情上拖延
Just get it done: 告诉自己,现在就去做
How?|如何戒掉拖延症?
Make a list, check things off as you go: 列个清单,做掉一件事,就划掉一项
Make a list...on your hand?
Jenny的任务清单写在手上
Do you know how I do it? I write my list on my hand: 我都记在手上
I'll wash an item off after I've finished it: 做完一件事,就洗掉一条
You're usually dressed so well and elegantly, but your hand is like a student's: 你打扮得漂漂亮亮,但是手像学生的小抄
"Whatever floats my boat" as Spencer likes to say: 我觉得很有用("Whatever floats my boat"), Spencer喜欢这么说
#9. Take short breaks.
小小休息一下
Take 10 or 20-minute breaks: 来个10到20分钟的小休息
Use the time to take a short walk, do some stretching: 利用这个时间出去走一下、做做伸展
It helps to release positive hormones in your body: 有助于释放体内积极的荷尔蒙
You’ll feel more refreshed and ready to be even more productive: 你会感到神清气爽,工作时更有效率
#10. Set a deadline for everything you work on; don't let tasks drag on.
给任务设个最后期限,避免无限期地脱下去
Although we often dread deadlines, they're very effective: 虽然我们通常惧怕deadline, 但其实很有效
When you know something is due by a certain date, it gives you a sense of urgency: 当你知道一件事某个期限要做完,你会有一种紧迫感
Do you set deadlines for yourself? 你给自己设deadline吗?
Yes, I do. Do you? 我会啊,你呢?
You set deadlines for me. And it's appreciated: 你会给我deadline, 很有用
It also helps focus the team and team members: 也能让团队步调一致
We can work backwards to hit deadlines: 大家会根据deadline倒推、计划工作
Don't let things drag on: 总之不要无限期、漫无目的地做事
More productivity in work and life!
更高效的工作、更高效的人生!
,