Kyron: "This is ludicrous. The Biedermeier armoire."
这真滑稽,彼得麦式样的衣橱。
Kenny: "It's my understanding that your client doesn't even like antiques."
我的理解是你的当事人根本不喜欢古董。
Myron: "Totally immaterial. It's a valuable asset."
毫无关系。只是一件有价资产。
Kenny: "Fine. Let's discuss the Kosta Boda vase."
好吧。让我们来讨论一下科斯塔波达花瓶吧。
Myron: "Nope, it's a premarital acquisition. We can verify that with receipts."
不,这是婚前所得。我们有收据为证。
Kenny: "It was a gift to Mr. Solis. Maybe you were sick that day at law school, Myron, but it's called community property."
这是送给索利斯先生的礼物。你可能在法学院没好好上课,麦伦,这个叫夫妻共同财产。
Myron: "Don't patronize me, Kenny. We're prepared to go to the mat on this one."
不劳你费心,肯尼,这件东西我们要定了。
Carlos: "Oh, enough. Just give her what she wants. Look, I’m sick of fighting. It's just stuff."
够了,她想要什么都给她吧。我厌倦了这没完没了的争吵。都是些琐事。
Kenny: "Uh, I’d like a moment alone with my client."
呃,我需要单独和我当事人谈一谈。
Carlos: "This has been going on for months. I'm done. Draw up the papers. I'll sign whatever."
这事已经持续几个月了,就这样吧。把文件你好,什么样我都签。
Gabrielle: "You're giving me everything I want? Just like that?"
我想要什么你都给?就这样?
Carlos: "Just like that."
就那样。
Myron: "We expect to see the paperwork by the end of business."
我们希望看到这件事结束后的文书。
Myron: "How sweet is that? We nailed their asses. Mrs. Solis, they completely folded."
这可太棒了。我们把他们打败了。索利斯太太,他们照单全收了。
Gabrielle: "That's the thing. Carlos doesn't fold. The son of a bitch is up to something."
怪就怪在这儿,卡洛斯不会照单全收的。那个混蛋肯定在算计着什么。
- ludicrous [ˈluːdɪkrəs] adj.荒唐可笑的;滑稽的
- armoire [ɑːrmˈwɑːr] n.(常指华丽或精致的)大衣橱,大橱柜;
- immaterial [ˌɪməˈtɪriəl] adj.非物质的; 无关紧要;
- premarital [priːˈmærɪtl]adj.婚前的
- acquisition[ˌækwɪˈzɪʃən]n.获得;购置;取得;
- verify['vɛrɪfaɪ] vt. 证明,证实
- patronize [ˈpeɪtrənaɪz] v.光顾; 资助; 屈尊俯就地对待; 摆出高人一等的派头
- Don't patronize me.别在我面前摆出一副高高在上的姿态。
- go to the mat (为得到某物)争论争辩
- We nailed their asses. nail one's asses把某人打得落花流水