Carlos: "What's going on?"

你在搞什么呢?

Gabrielle: "Oh, I invited Sister Mary Hot Pants over for lunch."

我邀请了美丽性感的玛丽修女过来吃午饭。

Carlos: "What?"

什么?

Gabrielle: "You said she touched your soul so I just want to make sure her hands are clean."

你说她触动了你内心的灵魂,所以我只是想确定她的手没触摸过你的身体。

Gabrielle: "So Sister Mary, tell me what's it like meeting men in prison. Do you bond with all the convicts or was Carlos just special?"

玛丽修女请告诉我,在监狱里会见罪犯感觉如何,你对所有的罪犯都很关心还是唯独对卡洛斯关心?

Sister Mary: "Well, of course, Carlos is special, but our mission does a ton of evangelical work with several prisons."

拉罗斯的确与众不同,但我们的使命是在多间监狱里传播福音

Gabrielle: "Oh, I get it. Sort of like, today's convict is tomorrow's convert."

我明白了。就是今天的罪犯将成为明天的皈依者。

Sister Mary: "Something like that, but mostly I do charity work. Are you two involved in any charities?"

差不多是那样,但我主要负责慈善事业,那你们俩参加了什么慈善事业吗?

Gabrielle: "Currently? No."

目前还没有。

Carlos: "But we should be. I mean, let's face it, Gabby. Buying more stuff isn't gonna make our lives any better.''

但我们应该参加。我们面对现实吧,加布,再丰富的物质也无法改善我们的生活。

Sister Mary: "Exactly. Money can't buy happiness."

的确,金钱买不来幸福。

Gabrielle: "Well, sure it can. That's just a lie we tell poor people to keep 'em from rioting."

它当然能,这话只不过是用来欺骗穷人以免他们暴动。

Carlos: "Gabby!"

加布。

Gabrielle: "It's a joke. Lighten up."

我开玩笑,别当真。

Carlos: "Can you believe this? I'm married to a woman so selfish, she makes fun of the entire concept of charity."

简直令人难以置信,我竟然娶了一个自私自利的女人,她竟然嘲笑慈善事业。

Gabrielle: "You are a hypocrite. The money you spent to buy your sports car could buy a mud hut for every peasant in Ecuador."

你真是个伪君子。你用来买跑车的钱都够给厄瓜多尔的每个农民盖间土屋了。

Carlos: "Okay, you're right. But I'm evolving, starting right now. Sister, I would like to donate my car to your mission."

你说对,不过,从现在起,我开始改变了。修女,我愿意把我的车捐出来。

Gabrielle: "What?"

什么?

Sister Mary: "Carlos, are you sure?"

卡洛斯,你确定吗?

Carlos: "Absolutely. Gabrielle and I don't need two cars. We can Share one."

当然,加布丽尔和我用不着两辆车。我们可以共用一辆车。

Gabrielle: "Share? What if you have the car and I need to go shopping?"

公用,万一你把车开走,我要购物怎么办?

Carlos: "We're gonna cut back on shopping too."

我们也要削减购物的开支。

Gabrielle: "Okay, I think we should all just calm down a little bit!"

我想我们都需要冷静一点。

Carlos: "I'm gonna get you that pink slip right now."

我现在就去拿文件给你。

Gabrielle: "Carlos!"

卡洛斯。

Carlos: "We're doing this."

就这么办了。

Gabrielle: "I have to, uh..." "Uh, here have some of this. No one needs to know."

我得,喝点这个吧。没人会知道的。

美剧中最常用的口语(看美剧学口语It)(1)

卡洛斯:你在搞什么呢? 加布丽尔:我邀请了美丽性感的玛丽修女过来吃午饭。 卡洛斯:什么? 加布丽尔:你说她触动了你内心的灵魂,所以我只是想确定她的手没触摸过你的身体。 加布丽尔:玛丽修女请告诉我,在监狱里会见罪犯感觉如何,你对所有的罪犯都很关心还是唯独对卡洛斯关心? 玛丽修女:拉罗斯的确与众不同,但我们的使命是在多间监狱里传播福音, 加布丽尔:我明白了。就是今天的罪犯将成为明天的皈依者。 玛丽修女:差不多是那样,但我主要负责慈善事业,那你们俩参加了什么慈善事业吗? 加布丽尔:目前还没有。 卡洛斯:但我们应该参加。我们面对现实吧,加布,再丰富的物质也无法改善我们的生活。 玛丽修女:的确,金钱买不来幸福。 加布丽尔:它当然能,这话只不过是用来欺骗穷人以免他们暴动。 卡洛斯:加布。 加布丽尔:我开玩笑,别当真。 卡洛斯:简直令人难以置信,我竟然娶了一个自私自利的女人,她竟然嘲笑慈善事业。 加布丽尔:你真是个伪君子。你用来买跑车的钱都够给厄瓜多尔的每个农民盖间土屋了。 卡洛斯:你说对,不过,从现在起,我开始改变了。修女,我愿意把我的车捐出来。 加布丽尔:什么? 玛丽修女:卡洛斯,你确定吗? 卡洛斯:当然,加布丽尔和我用不着两辆车。我们可以共用一辆车。 加布丽尔:公用,万一你把车开走,我要购物怎么办? 卡洛斯:我们也要削减购物的开支。 加布丽尔:我想我们都需要冷静一点。 卡洛斯:我现在就去拿文件给你。 加布丽尔:卡洛斯。 卡洛斯:就这么办了。 加布丽尔:我得,喝点这个吧。没人会知道的。

,