《泰坦尼克号》这部电影,已经经典到不能再经典了,让我们一起来回顾下吧!

官方建议:结合视频一起学习,英语知识点会记得更牢固!

(温馨提示:视频为双语版本,先看视频学习一遍,再回来看文本进行深度学习,英语学习效果更显著哦)

视频文本:

He was of some assistance to my fiancee last night.

昨晚他帮了我未婚妻一些忙

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(1)

We're going to analyze this utterance from a connected speech point of view.

我们将从连读的这个角度出发来分析下上面这个句子

(接下来的内容建议结合视频一起学习)

Try saying this utterance. "He was of some assistance."

请尝试读一下这个句子 "He was of some assistance."

Did you say it like this?

你是这样说的吗

(正确读法请看最上方视频)

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(2)

If you didn't, you probably put stress on the words was and of.

如果你不是这样读的话 很有可能你是把重音放在了单词was和of上 这也就导致了

These are structure words, meaning you don't put stress on them.

这些只是结构词(本身没有词汇意义而只是帮助构成一定结构的词)所以不需要把重音放在这上面

You might have missed is the linking between was and of.

你可能忽略的另外一个细节是was和of之间的连读

Another reminder is that the F in of is actually pronounced V.

还有一点 "F"在单词of中的发音是"V"的音

If you pronounce it F , you will say off.

如果你发成"F"音 有可能你就会把of这个单词读成"off"

In the following two examples, OF is linked with the S consonant from the word before.

在接下来的两个例子中 of是与前一个单词的辅音S相连接的

I put 10 months of my life into this place.

我花了10个月的时间在这里

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(3)

You want a glass of milk or something to wash that down with?

你想要一杯牛奶或其他什么东西把它冲一下吗

It turns out that Mr. Dawson is quite a fine artist.

我发现 道森先生真是一个不错的画家

He was kind enough to show me some of his work.

他人很好 今天还给我看了一些他的作品

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(4)

We used this phrase "to be kind enough to do something" to express our gratitude,

我们用"to be kind enough to do something"这个短语 用来表示 我们对某人做的事很感激

We only say this in formal situations.

一般我们只有在正式场合的时候才会使用这个表达

He was kind enough to hold the door open for us.

他人很不错 一直为我们敞开门

In the following example, we hear this phrase used together with other similar polite, sophisticated vocabulary like the words ma'am as we've seen and pardon me, which equals to "excuse me".

接下来 我们会听到这个短语和其他类似的礼貌用语一起使用 类似"ma'am""pardon me"这样的礼貌用语 pardon me相当于excuse me

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(5)

Excuse me.

对不起 打扰一下

Two champagnes, please, sir.

要两杯香槟 谢谢

Pardon me, young man.

打扰一下 年轻的小伙子

Would you be kind enough to order me a whiskey sour?

可以给我来一杯酸的威士忌吗

Yes, ma'am, I can.

好的 女士

好啦,今天的英语教学就到这里啦。

想了解更多实用的学英语方法,欢迎关注我,期待大家的留言!我们下期不见不散!

用英语介绍泰坦尼克号这部电影(泰坦尼克号片段讲解二)(6)

点击【了解更多】,免费获得188元外教课

,