-Leonard: What the hell are you doing?

你在瞎折腾什么啊?

-Sheldon: I'm making petri dishes to grow throat cultures.

petri dish:培养皿 throat:喉咙 culture:(细胞、细菌等的)培养,培养物

我在进行咽拭子培养

-Leonard: With lime Jell-O?

lime:柠檬 Jell-O:吉露果子冻

用酸橙果冻?

-Sheldon: I need a growth medium, and someone polished off the apricot yogurt.

growth medium:培养基 polish off:(飞快地)完成 apricot:杏子 yogurt:酸奶

我需要一个生长培养基,而杏子酸奶却被扫荡一空。

-Sheldon: Here, swab my throat.

swab:用拭子采集化验样本

过来,取一下我喉咙的样本。

-Leonard: I don't think so.

我不要。

-Sheldon: Leonard, if I'm going to get ahead of this thing, I need to find out what's growing in my throat.

get ahead of:超过;胜过

Leonard 如果我要防患于未然,就得先知道我喉咙里长了些什么。

-Leonard: Sheldon, you are not sick. This is, but you are not.

Sheldon 你没生病.这实在是...不过你真没得病。

-Sheldon: We have no idea what pathogen Typhoid Penny has introduced into our environment.

pathogen:病原体 typhoid:伤寒的

我们不知道Penny 把哪种伤寒病菌带进来了。

For having never been to Nebraska, I'm fairly certain that I have no corn-husking antibodies.

Nebraska:内布拉斯加州 antibodies:抗体 corn-husking: 【玉米剥皮】

我从没有去过内布拉斯加州,我很确定我身体里没有那种病菌的抗体。

-Leonard: Sheldon, don't you think you're overreacting?

overreact:反应过度

Sheldon 你没觉得你过度紧张了么?

-Sheldon: When I'm lying comatose in a hospital relying on inferior minds to cure me,

these Jell-O cultures and my accompanying notes will give them a fighting chance.

comatose:昏迷的 inferior:次等的 accompanying:附随的

在我躺在医院不省人事,要靠那些庸医来救我时,这些果冻样本和我随身的笔记多少会提高点我活命的机率。

-Leonard: I'm going back to bed.

我要回去睡觉了。

打印机浅蓝色英语(81-11-2:54生活英语)(1)

-Sheldon: Wait. Put this in the bathroom.

等等,把这个拿到洗手间去。

-Leonard: What for?

干嘛用?

-Sheldon: I need to measure my fluid intake and output to make sure my kidneys aren't shutting down.

fluid intake:液体摄取 kidney:肾脏 shut down: 停工

我要测量我体内水分的摄入和流失来确认我的肾脏功能是否良好。

-Leonard: I mixed pancake batter in this!

batter: 糊状物

我用这个来搅拌做薄煎饼的面糊!

-Sheldon: No, that measuring cup has always been for urine.

不,这量杯向来都是用来盛尿的。

-Leonard: You had time to make a label for everything in this apartment including the label maker, but you didn't have ten seconds to make one that said "urine cup"?

label:标签 urine:尿

你有空把公寓里所有东西都贴上标签,甚至包括标签打印机,怎么就不腾出10秒在这上面写"尿杯"?

-Sheldon: It's right here on the bottom.

on the bottom:在底部

我写了,就在杯底。

-Leonard: Huh. I guess I owe the Betty Crocker Company a letter of apology.

letter of apology:致歉信

Huh,我想我欠"贝蒂厨房"一封致歉信。

,