职场英文口语怎么学的(职场英语被误会了要如何解释)(1)

*本文节选自赖世雄老师著《职场英语系列之教你说会议英语》

Formal 正式

1. Actually, your interpretation is not correct:...

其实,你的解释并不正确:⋯⋯

Actually your interpretation is not correct: I meant overtime is voluntary, not mandatory.

其实,你的解释并不正确:我指的加班是自愿性的,不是强制性的。

2. I'm afraid that was not my intended meaning.

恐怕那不是我的本意。

I'm afraid that was not my intended meaning. I don't mean that anyone will be fired.

恐怕那不是我的本意。我不是指有人要被解雇。

3. I'm sorry, but you are mistaken:...

我很抱歉,你误解了:⋯⋯

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken: that's not what I said at all.

我很抱歉,你误解了:那根本不是我的意思。

4. In fact, my true meaning is...

其实,我真正的意思是⋯⋯

In fact, my true meaning is that our customer service department is doing a good job.

其实,我真正的意思是,我们的客服部表现得很称职。

Informal 非正式

1. No, that's not really what I meant:...

不,那并非我的本意:

No, that's not really what I meant: I meant the stocks are almost valueless, not valuable.

不,那并非我的本意:我的意思是那些股票几乎毫无价值可言,而不是很值钱。

2. I see how you might think that, but...

我了解你可能会怎么想,但⋯⋯

I see how you might think that, but that's not what I meant to say.

我了解你可能会怎么想,但那不是我本来要表达的意思。

3. Not really; I'm really saying...

不是的,我真正要表达的是⋯⋯

Not really, Tim; I'm really saying that we should look for a new supplier.

不是的,提姆,我真正要表达的是,我们应该寻找新的供货商。

4. Not quite. What I mean is...

不尽然。我的意思是⋯⋯

Not quite. What I mean is customer service is of prime importance.

不尽然。我的意思是,客户服务是最重要的。

- END-

,