和猫熊哥一起精读美剧《老友记》台词快速掌握地道美式英语口语21

老友记系列讲解看美剧学英语,和猫熊哥一起精读美剧老友记台词快速掌握地道美式英语口语21(1)

110 The One With the Monkey

[Scene:Monica and Rachel's, Ross is entering.]

Ross: Guys?There's a somebody I'd like you to meet.

(A monkey jumps on to his shoulder.)

各位我想介绍一个人给大家认识

All: Oooh!

Monica: W-wait. What is that?

等等…这是怎么回事?

Ross: 'That' would be Marcel. You wanna say hi?

他叫Marcel,想和他打声招呼?

Monica: No, no, I don't.

不,我不要

Rachel: Oh, he is precious! Where did you get him?

他好珍贵,哪里得到他的?

Ross: My friend Bethel rescued拯救 him from some lab.

我朋友贝瑟把它从实验室救出来的

Phoebe: That is so cruel! Why? Why would a parent name their child Bethel?

真残忍,为何有父母会将孩子取名为贝瑟?

Chandler: Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on its ass!

那猴子的屁股上长了个罗斯

Monica: Ross, is he gonna live with you, like, in your apartment?

罗斯,它要和你同住吗?

Ross: Yeah. I mean, it's been kinda quiet since Carol left, so...

对,Carol离开后家里冷清清的

Monica: Why don't you just get a roommate?

为何不找个室友?

Ross: Nah, I dunno... I think you reach a certain age, having a roommate is kinda pathe-(Realises) ....sorry, that's, that's 'pathet', which is Sanskrit梵文 for 'really cool way to live'.

不知道,人到一定的年纪后与室友同住是有点可悲…抱歉,是pathet在梵语中代表很酷的生活方式

[Scene:Central Perk, Phoebe is getting ready to sing. Joey is not there.]

Phoebe: So you guys, I'm doing all new material tonight. I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide, and one about a snowman.

各位,我今天将唱全新的曲目,我写了12首关于我妈自杀的歌及一首有关雪人的歌

Chandler: Might wanna open with the snowman.

你最好先唱雪人

(Enter Joey)

All: Hey, Joey.Hey, buddy.

乔伊,老兄

Monica: So, how'd it go?

如何?

Joey: Ahhhhhh, I didn't get the job.

我没得到那份工作

Ross: How could you not get it? You were Santa last year.

你怎可能会没得到?你是去年的圣诞老人

Joey: I dunno.Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager. He's not even jolly欢乐, it's all political.

不知道哪个胖子和店经理有一腿,他根本无法逗人开心,简直就是利益输送

Monica: So what are you gonna be?

那么你扮演什么?

Joey: Ah, I'm gonna be one of his helpers. It's just such a slap掌击 in the face, y'know?

当他的助手,真是耻辱(打脸啊)

Rachel: Hey, do you guys know what you're doing for New Year's? (They all protest and hit her with cushions靠垫) Gee, what?! What is wrong with New Year's?

你们打算如何过新年?什么?新年有什么不对劲吗?

Chandler: Nothing for you, you have Paolo. You don't have to face the horrible pressures of this holiday: desperate殊死 scramble争夺 to find anything with lips just so you can have someone to kiss when the ball drops!! Man, I'm talking loud!

你当然没事,你有保罗无须面对新年带来的压力,无须急着寻找有嘴唇的生物在球落下那一刻有个亲嘴的对象,我讲得太愤慨了

Rachel: Well, for your information, Paolo is gonna be in Rome this New Year, so I'll be just as pathetic可怜 as the rest of you.

告诉你吧,保罗新年时会在罗马,所以我将和各位一样可悲

Phoebe: Yeah, you wish!

想得美

Chandler: It's just that I'm sick of being a victim受害者 of this Dick Clark holiday. I say this year, no dates, we make a pact协议/合同/条约. Just the six of us- dinner.

新年时,我不想再听到迪克拉克的疲劳轰炸,今年我们在一起,不出去约会只有我们6个共进晚餐

All: Yeah, okay.Alright.

好吧

Chandler: Y'know, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm热情/激情.

我希望大家能更开心点

All: Woooo! Yeah!

哦太好啦

Rachel: Phoebe,you're on.

菲比,该上台了

Phoebe: Oh, oh,good.

Rachel: (Into microphone) Okay, hi. Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, Miss Phoebe Buffay. Wooh!

各位,应观众要求,Phoebe Buffay小姐

Phoebe: (Takes mike)Thanks, hi. Um, I wanna start with a song that means a lot to me this time of year. (Shakes bell as an introduction) (Sung:)

I made a man with eyes of coal,And a smile so bewitching 妖媚, How was I supposed to know That my mom was dead in the kitchen? (shakes bell) La lalala la la la la lalala la la...

(Cut to later. Everyone is totally depressed忧伤 by now.)

谢谢,首先的这首歌在这种时节令我感慨万分:我做了一个人,眼睛是煤炭做的,他有谜样的微笑,我如何能承受母亲死在厨房的事实, La lalalala la

Phoebe: (Sung):...My mother's ashes灰烬 Even her eyelashes睫毛 Are resting in a little yellow jar,And sometimes when it's breezy微风...

(Over the sound of Phoebe singing we hear two scientists, Max and David, having a noisy discussion)

母亲的骨灰,甚至是她的睫毛都安放在一个黄色的小骨灰坛天寒地冻时

Phoebe: (Sung):...I feel a little sneezy打喷嚏 And now I- (abruptly stops)Excuse me,excuse me! Yeah, noisy boys! (They stop talking and look up) Is it something that you would like to share with the entire group?

我感觉有点想打啧涕 如今我…抱歉,吵闹的两位,有什么想和大家分享的吗?

Max: No. No,that's- that's okay.

没...没事

Phoebe: Well, c'mon,if it's important enough to discuss while I'm playing, then I assume it's important enough for everyone else to hear!

快说,如果有事如此重要你们非在我唱歌时谈论,那就重要的足以与我们分享

Chandler: (Quietly, to the others) That guy's going home with a note!

那家伙铁定会被训一顿回家,我是告诉我朋友…

David: Noth- I was-I was just saying to my-

不,我 只是对我...

Phoebe: Could you speak up please?

大声点行吗?

David: (Stands up and speaks more loudly) Sorry, I wa- I was just saying to my friend that I thought you were the most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen in my- in my life.And then he said that- you said you thought

抱歉,我告诉我朋友说你是我见过最漂亮的女孩,然后他说那是你说你认为

Max: Daryl Hannah.

他说黛瑞汉娜

David: Daryl Hannahwas the most beautiful woman that he'd ever seen in his life and I said yeah, I liked her in Splash飞溅, a lot, but not so much in- in Wall Street, I thought she had kind of a

…黛瑞汉娜是他见过最美的女人,我说我喜欢”美人鱼”中的她但"华尔街"就没那么喜欢了,她没那种...

Max: Hard quality.

..气质

David: -hard quality. And uh, while Daryl Hannah is beautiful in a conventional俗套/常规的way, you are luminous明亮的 with a kind of a delicate秀气/精巧/娇嫩 grace优雅/恩典. Then, uh, that-that-that's when you started yelling喊叫. (Sits down)

..气质,黛瑞汉娜是传统的美,而你散发出高雅的气质,然后你就叫我们了

Phoebe: Okay, we're gonna take a short break. (Goes over to their table)

休息片刻

Joey: Hey, that guy's going home with more than a note!

那家伙将抱得美人归

[Scene:Monica and Rachel's, everyone except Joey is decorating for Christmas.]

Ross: Come here,Marcel. Sit here. (Marcel wanders off徘徊)

过来,Marcel,坐这儿

Rachel: Pheebs, I can't believe he hasn't kissed you yet. I mean God, by my sixth date with Paolo, I mean he had already named both my breasts! ...Ooh. Did I just share too much?

拜托,没想到他还没亲你,我第6次和保罗约会时他就为我的双峰取了名字,我分享太多了吗?

Ross: Just a smidge少量/一点点.

一点点

Phoebe: David's like, y'know, Scientist Guy. He's very methodical有方法的.

大卫是个科学家,做事一丝不苟

Monica: I think it's romantic.

我觉得很好

Phoebe: Me too! Oh! Did you ever see An Officer and a Gentleman?

我也是,你们看过军官与绅士吗?

Rachel: Yeah!

看过

Phoebe: Well, he's kinda like the guy I went to see that with. Except, except he-he's smarter, and gentler温和, and sweeter更甜... I just- I just wanna be with him all the time. Day and night, and night and day... and special occasions场合/机会...

他就是我心目中的白马王子除了他更聪明,温柔体贴,我只想整天和他厮守在一起,不管是白天或夜晚,还是夜晚或白天,还有特别的日子

Chandler: Wait a minute, wait a minute, I see where this is going, you're gonna ask him to New Year's, aren't you. You're gonna break the pact. She's gonna break the pact.

等等,我知道了,你邀他共度新年,对不?你想抛弃我们,她想抛弃我们

Phoebe: No, no, no,no, no, no. Yeah, could I just?

不不不...我可以吗...?

Chandler: Yeah, 'cause I already asked Janice.

好吧,因为我已约了Janice

Monica: What?!

什么?

Ross: C'mon, this was a pact! This was your pact!

拜托,我们是六人行,你的六人条约

Chandler: I snapped断/谩骂/乱射,okay? I couldn't handle the pressure and I snapped.

我毁约了,行吗?我耐不住寂寞,我毁约了

Monica: Yeah, but Janice? That-that was like the worst break up in history!

可是Janice…你们的分手不是糟透了?

Chandler: I'm not saying it was a good idea, I'm saying I snapped!

我没说这是个好主意,我毁约了

[Joey enters,his shoes have bells on, which jingle叮铃/押韵 as he walks. He is wearing a long coat.]

Joey: Hi. Hi,sorry I'm late.

不好意思我来晚了

(He removes the coat to reveal展示/揭示 an elf小精灵 costume服装)

Chandler: Too many jokes... must mock嘲笑 Joey!

太滑稽了,乔伊你太逗了

Joey: Nice shoes,huh? (He wiggles晃动 his foot and the bells tinkle叮当声)

鞋子正点吧

Chandler: Aah,y'killing me!

我快笑死了

(Marcel knocks over some kitchen tools)

Monica: Ross! He's playing with my spatulas炒菜铲 again!

罗斯,它又玩我的铲子

Ross: Okay, look,he's not gonna hurt them, right?

它又不会玩坏的

Monica: Do you always have to bring him here?

你非得每次都带它来不可吗?

Ross: I didn't wanna leave him alone. Alright? We- we had our first fight this morning. I think it has to do with my working late. I said some things that I didn't mean,and he- he threw some faeces大便...

我不想让它独守空房,我们早上才吵了一架,一定是我加班惹的祸,我说了不该说的话,它就朝我扔一坨屎

Chandler: Y'know, if you're gonna work late, I could look in on him for you.

如果你必须加班,我可以替你照顾它

Ross: Oh, that'd be great! Okay, but if you do, make sure it seems like you're there to see him,okay, and you're not like doing it as a favour to me.

这太好了,不过如果你去照顾它,要装成一付去找它的样子,不能让它知道你是在帮我忙

Chandler: Okay, but if he asks, I'm not going to lie.

好,但它如果问起我可就要实话实说了

[Scene: Max and David's lab, David is explaining something to Phoebe with the aid of a whiteboard.]

David: ...But, you can't actually test this theory, because today's particle accelerators粒子加速器 are nowhere near powerful enough to simulate these conditions.

但我们仍无法测试这个理论,因为今日粒子加速的速度仍无法模拟出这样的情况

Phoebe: Okay,alright, I have a question, then.

好,我有个问题

David: Yuh.

问吧

Phoebe: Um, were you planning on kissing me ever?

你要亲我吗?

David: Uh, that's definitely a, uh, valid question. And, uh, the answer would be (Writes YES on the board) yes. Yes I was. But, see, I wanted it to be this phenomenal非凡的 kiss that happened at this phenomenal moment, because, well, 'cause it's you.

这是个正当而合理的问题,答案是…对,我曾想过,但我要让这非凡的事件发生在非凡的时刻因为是你

Phoebe: Sure.

当然

David: Right. But,see, the longer I waited, the more phenomenal the kiss had to be, and now we've reached a place where it's just gotta be one of those things where I just like... sweep扫 everything off the table and throw you down on it. And, uh, I'm not really a, uh, sweeping sorta fella小伙子

但等得越久亲吻就越非凡,而在此时此地我想扫去桌上的一切,将你丢在上面,但我不是会扫去一切那种猴急的男人

Phoebe: Oh, David,I, I think you are a sweeping sorta fella. I mean, you're a sweeper! ...trapped inside a physicist's body.

大卫,我想你是,你是被困在物理学家体内的猛男

David: Rrrreally.

真的?

Phoebe: Oh, yeah,oh, I'm sure of it. You should just do it, just sweep and throw me.

没错,我确定,扫去一切然后将我丢上去吧

David: ...Now? Now?

现在?

Phoebe: Oh yeah,right now.

对,现在

David: Okay, okay,okay. (Gets ready to sweep, and then picks up a laptop computer) Y'know what,this was just really expensive. (Puts it down elsewhere. Then picks up a microscope) And I'll take- this was a gift. (Moves it)

好...这东西很贵的,这个是人家送的

Phoebe: Okay, now you're just kinda tidying收拾/整理.

你在清理场地?

David: Okay, what the hell, what the hell. (Sweeps the remaining papers off the desk and grabs Phoebe) You want me to actually throw you or you-you wanna just hop跳?

好吧,管他的,你想让我丢上去还是自己跳上去?

Phoebe: I can hop.(She hops onto the table)

我自己跳好了

(They kiss,finally)

[Scene:Central Perk, everyone is there.]

Ross: So tell me something. What does the phrase词组/短语 'no date pact' mean to you?

告诉我”无约会约定”对你有何意义?

Monica: I'm sorry,okay. It's just that Chandler has somebody, and Phoebe has somebody- I thought I'd ask Fun Bobby.

抱歉,不过钱德有对象,菲比也有对象,所以我约了搞笑巴比

Chandler: Fun Bobby? Your ex-boyfriend Fun Bobby?

搞笑巴比?你的前任男友搞笑巴比?

Monica: Yeah.

是啊

Joey: You know more than one Fun Bobby?

你还认识其他的搞笑巴比?

Chandler: I happen to know a Fun Bob.

我认识搞笑巴伯

Rachel: (Brings Joey a mug杯/缸子of coffee) Okay, here we go...

来了

Joey: Ooh ooh oohooh, there's no room for milk!

没添牛奶的地方了

Rachel: (Glances at Joey and then sips啜饮 his coffee) There. Now there is.

好了

Ross: Okay, so on our no-date evening, three of you now have dates.

这么说我们无约会之夜,三个人有约会了

Joey: Uh, four.

四人

Ross: Four.

四人

Rachel: Five.

5人

Ross: Five.(Buries his head in his hands)

五人

Rachel: Sorry.Paolo's catching an earlier flight.

抱歉,保罗提早搭飞机回来

Joey: Yeah, and I met this really hot single mom at the store. What's an elf to do?

而我在梅西百货遇上一个火辣辣的单身妈妈,我这个小精灵怎能抗拒?

Ross: Okay, so I'm gonna be the only one standing there alone when the ball drops?

这么说球落下那一刻我只好孤零零地?

Rachel: Oh, c'mon.We'll have, we'll have a big party, and no-one'll know who's with who.

别这样,我们将举行盛大的派对

Ross: Hey, y'know,this is so not what I needed right now.

而且无人知道…我现在不需要知道这些

Monica: What's the matter?

你怎么了?

Ross: Oh,it's-it's Marcel. He keeps shutting me out, y'know? He's walking around all the time dragging his hands...

都是Marcel它一直不让我进门去,它拖着双手不断绕圈子

Chandler: That's so weird, I had such a blast爆破/疾风 with him the other night.

真是诡异,我前几天晚上还跟它相处愉快

Ross: Really.

真的?

Chandler: Yeah, we played, we watched TV.. that juggling戏法 thing is amazing.

我们一起玩,看电视,杂耍那一部份真是太精彩了

Ross: What, uh...what juggling thing?

什么杂耍?

Chandler: With the balled-up socks? I figured you taught him that.

拿袜子当球耍,我以为是你教它的

Ross: No.

没有

Chandler: Y'know, it wasn't that big a deal. He just balled up socks... and a melon...

这也不算什么,只是拿袜子当球耍罢了,还有一颗香瓜

(Max runs in)

Max: Phoebe. Hi.

菲比

Phoebe: Oh, hi Max! Hey, do you know everybody?

马克斯,认识大家吗?

Max: No. Have you seen David?

不认识,你看见David吗?

Phoebe: No, no, he hasn't been around.

没有,他没在这儿

Max: Well, if you see him, tell him to pack his bags. We are going to Minsk.

看见他时告诉他快打包我们要去明斯克

Phoebe: Minsk?

明斯克?

Max: Minsk. It's in Russia.

在苏联

Phoebe: I know where Minsk is.

我知道明斯克在哪儿

Max: We got the grant. Three years, all expenses paid.

我们已申请到奖助金全额赞助我们三年

Phoebe: So when,when do you leave?

你们什么时候离开

Max: January first.

元旦

,