英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(1)

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(2)

Once upon a time, there lived a Husband and a wife.

从前,有一对夫妻。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(3)

Their house was right next to a garden that was full of fruits and vegetables.

他们的房子紧靠一个菜园,里面全是水果和蔬菜。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(4)

One day, the wife saw a delicious-looking vegetable called “Rapunzel” growing in the garden.

一天,妻子看到菜园里长着一种看起来很好吃的蔬菜,叫“长发果”。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(5)

“Husband, look! There are rapunzels growing in the neighbour’s garden! They look delicious. Would you please bring me some?”

“老公,看!邻居的菜园里有长发果!看起来很好吃。请给我拿一些来好吗?”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(6)

The husband was afraid because the garden belonged to a witch.

丈夫很害怕,因为菜园是一个巫婆的。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(7)

“My dear, the garden belongs to a witch. I don’t think it’s safe for me to go there. The witch might cast a spell on me if she sees me.”

“亲爱的,这菜园是巫婆的。我觉得我去那里不安全。如果巫婆看见我,她可能会对我施咒。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(8)

Then, one day, the wife fell ill. She refused to eat anything that the husband gave her and only asked for the rapunzels.

有一天妻子病倒了。她拒绝吃丈夫给她的任何东西,只要长发果。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(9)

“Rapunzels. They are all that I would like to eat. They are the only things that will make me feel better.”

“长发果。我只想吃它们。它们是唯一能让我感觉好受的东西。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(10)

The husband was very worried about his wife. So later that night, he gathered all his courage and went into the witch’s garden.

丈夫很担心妻子。于是,那天深夜,他鼓足勇气,走进了巫婆的菜园。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(11)

“I hope the witch is not here. I’ll pluck a few rapunzels quickly and run home.”

“我希望巫婆不在这里。我要赶快摘几个长发果,然后跑回家。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(12)

The wife enjoyed the rapunzels and felt so much better after eating them, that she wanted more.

妻子很喜欢这些长发果,吃完后感觉好多了,所以她还想要更多。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(13)

“These rapunzels are making me feel much better. Dear, please get me some more.”

“这些长发果让我感觉好多了。亲爱的,请再给我拿些来。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(14)

The husband returned to the witch’s garden to get more rapunzels.

丈夫回到了巫婆的菜园拿了更多长发果。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(15)

But to his great shock, the witch was there and when she saw the husband, she grew very angry.

但令他大为震惊的是,巫婆就在那里,她看到这丈夫时,非常生气。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(16)

“You have been stealing my rapunzels. You are a thief! I will cast a spell on you and turn you to stone!”

“你一直在偷我的长发果。你是个贼!我要对你施咒,把你变成石头!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(17)

The husband was very afraid. He began to shake with fear.

丈夫非常害怕。他害怕得开始发抖。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(18)

“I am sorry, I am sorry. Please don’t punish me.”

“对不起,对不起。请不要惩罚我。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(19)

“My wife is unwell. I only took the rapunzels for her health. I will pay you whatever you want.”

“我妻子身体不舒服。我拿这些长发果只是为了她的健康。我付钱给你,你要多少就多少。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(20)

“I don’t want money, but I’ll tell you what I want instead.”

“我不要钱,但我会告诉你我想要什么。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(21)

“When your wife gets better and has a baby, I will come and take the baby instead, and if you don’t give it to me, I will turn you to stone.”

“等你老婆好起来生了孩子,我就来把婴儿带走。如果你不给我,我就把你变成石头”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(22)

“Okay”, the husband was very afraid of the witch and so he agreed.

“好吧。”丈夫非常害怕巫婆,所以他同意了。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(23)

Time passed and the husband forgot all about the witch.

过了一段时间,丈夫把巫婆的事全忘了。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(24)

His wife got better and one day she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

他的妻子身体好转了。有一天,她生了一个漂亮的女儿。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(25)

Soon after the baby’s birth, the witch appeared.

孩子出生后不久,巫婆出现了。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(26)

“I have come to take the baby! I hope you remember.”

“我是来抱孩子的!我希望你记得。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(27)

“You promised that you would give me your baby in exchange for my rapunzels! Or else I would turn you to stone.”

“你答应过要把孩子给我,来换我的长发果!否则我就把你变成石头。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(28)

“I will keep my word. You can take the baby.”

“我会遵守诺言的。你可以带走孩子。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(29)

The witch took the baby.

巫婆带走了孩子。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(30)

“I will name you Rapunzel after the vegetable your father stole from my garden and when you grow up you will be my servant.”

“我给你起名叫长发姑娘,来自你父亲从我菜园里偷的长发果。等你长大了,就做我的仆人。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(31)

The witch kept Rapunzel in a room atop a tall tower.

巫婆把长发姑娘关在高塔上的一个房间里。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(32)

The years passed and Rapunzel grew into a pretty young lady with very long and thick golden hair.

多年过去了长发姑娘长成了一个漂亮的姑娘,有一头又长又密的金发。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(33)

And since the tower had no stairs, Rapunzel could never leave.

因为塔上没有楼梯,长发姑娘永远不能离开。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(34)

She would spend her days cooking and cleaning for the witch.

她每天都在为巫婆做饭和打扫。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(35)

Rapunzel was very lonely because there was no one to talk to.

长发姑娘非常孤独,因为没有人跟她说话。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(36)

She would look out the window and sing songs with the hope that someone would hear her.

她会看着窗外唱歌,希望有人能听到她的声音。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(37)

“Hello! Hello! Will you be my friend? I’d like a friend! A friend,friend!”

“你好!你好!你愿做我的朋友吗?我想要个朋友! 朋友,朋友!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(38)

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!”

“长发姑娘,长发姑娘!放下你的头发!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(39)

“I’d like to use it as a ladder and stair!”

“我要用它当梯子!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(40)

Rapunzel would let down her hair.

长发姑娘会垂下她的头发。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(41)

And the witch would use it to climb up to the tower.

巫婆会用它爬上高塔。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(42)

Poor Rapunzel! She spent all her days looking after the mean old witch.

可怜的长发姑娘!她整天都在侍候那个刻薄的老巫婆。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(43)

Each day the witch would return to the tower to eat her meals and make Rapunzel do her chores.

每天巫婆都会回到塔上,吃她的饭,让长发姑娘做家务。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(44)

One day, a kind and handsome prince passed by the tower.

一天,一位善良英俊的王子路过这座塔。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(45)

He saw Rapunzel singing at the window.

他看见长发姑娘在窗口唱歌。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(46)

“Hello! Hello! Will you be my friend? I’d like a friend! A friend, friend!”

“你好!你好!你愿做我的朋友吗?我想要个朋友!朋友,朋友!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(47)

The prince fell in love with Rapunzel immediately.

王子立刻爱上了长发姑娘。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(48)

He wanted to call out to her but he saw the witch coming and hid.

他想对她喊一声,但他看到巫婆来了,就藏了起来。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(49)

He then watched how the witch climbed up.

然后他看着巫婆怎样爬上去。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(50)

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair! I’d like to use is as a ladder and stair.”

“长发姑娘,长发姑娘!放下你的头发!我要用它当梯子。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(51)

After the witch left, the prince called out to Rapunzel.

巫婆走后,王子叫长发姑娘。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(52)

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair! I’d like to use it as a ladder and stair.”

“长发姑娘,长发姑娘!放下你的头发!我想用它当梯子。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(53)

Rapunzel was happy and surprised to see the prince,

长发姑娘看到王子又惊又喜。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(54)

she let him climb up to the tower, and in no time, the two became good friends.

她让他爬上了塔。很快,他俩就成了好朋友。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(55)

One day, the prince asked Rapunzel to marry him.

一天,王子向长发姑娘求婚。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(56)

“Rapunzel, will you marry me? If you say “Yes”, I will go home and bring a silken ladder to take you out of this tower.”

“长发姑娘,嫁给我好吗?如果你说“是”,我就回家带个丝绸梯子来带你离开这座塔。“

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(57)

“Yes, my dear prince! Yes!”

“是的,我亲爱的王子!是的!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(58)

And so the prince left to bring a ladder. “I’ll be be back soon, Rapunzel! I will take you far away from the witch and this tower.”

于是王子离开了去拿梯子。“我很快就回来,长发姑娘!我会带你远离巫婆和这座塔。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(59)

“Yes, my prince. Please come back soon!”

“是的,我的王子。请尽快回来!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(60)

The prince and Rapunzel were very happy, but they didn’t know that the witch was watching them.

王子和长发姑娘非常高兴。但他们不知道巫婆正看着他们。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(61)

“So Rapunzel wants to leave me and the prince is coming back to take her.”

“那么,长发姑娘想离开我,王子要回来接她。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(62)

“I will teach them both a lesson that they will never forget.

“我要给他们一个永远不会忘记的教训。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(63)

To teach Rapunzel a lesson, the witch cut off Rapunzel’s beautiful hair.

为了给长发姑娘一个教训,巫婆剪掉了长发姑娘美丽的头发。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(64)

The witch then cast a spell and sent Rapunzel to a far away desert when the prince returned to rescue Rapunzel.

然后巫婆施了咒把长发姑娘送到了一个遥远的沙漠。这时,王子回来救长发姑娘.

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(65)

“Rapunzel, my darling! Please put down your hair so I can climb up.”

“长发姑娘,我亲爱的!请把头发放下,我好爬上去。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(66)

The witch put down Rapunzel’s hair.

巫婆放下长发姑娘的头发。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(67)

The prince was expecting to see Rapunzel, but when he climbed into the window, he saw the witch.

王子期待着见到长发姑娘。但当他爬进窗户时,他看到了巫婆。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(68)

“Hello! ” The heartless witch then pushed the prince down. “Down you go!”

“你好!”狠心的巫婆把王子推了下去。“你下去!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(69)

As the prince fell to the ground, his face hit a thorny bush that pricked his eyes and turned him blind.

王子倒在地上时,脸撞上一丛荆棘,荆棘刺痛了他的眼睛,使他失明。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(70)

“My eyes! I can’t see a thing!”

“我的眼睛!我什么也看不见了!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(71)

Poor Rapunzel was lost in the desert,she was hungry and thirsty, and had nowhere to go.

可怜的长发姑娘在沙漠里迷路了。她又饥又渴,无处可去。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(72)

And the prince wandered all over wondering where Rapunzel was.

王子到处游荡,想知道长发姑娘在哪里。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(73)

Many months later, the prince and Rapunzel finally reached the same spot.

几个月后,王子和长发姑娘终于来到了同一个地方。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(74)

“Hello! Hello! Will you be my friend? I’d like a friend! A friend, friend!”

“你好!你好!你愿做我的朋友吗?我想要个朋友!朋友,朋友!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(75)

“Rapunzel! Rapunzel! My darling! Where are you?”

“长发姑娘!长发姑娘!我的亲爱的!你在哪里?”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(76)

“My dear prince! I am so happy to see you.”

“我亲爱的王子!我很高兴见到你。”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(77)

Rapunzel cried with tears of joy the moment she saw the prince.

长发姑娘一看到王子就高兴得哭了起来。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(78)

And the tears that fell from her eyes went into the prince’s eyes and healed them.

从她眼中流下的泪水滴进王子的眼睛里,治好了他的眼睛。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(79)

“Rapunzel! I can see you, my dear!”

“长发姑娘!我能看见你,亲爱的!”

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(80)

The prince and Rapunzel returned to the prince’s kingdom where they married and lived happily ever after.

王子和长发姑娘回到了王子的王国,他们在那里结了婚,从此过上了幸福的生活。

英文版灰姑娘绘本阅读(长发姑娘Rapunzel)(81)

,