大过年的有时候总能遇到被邀请吃饭或参加活动聚会等请求时,如果你不想参加或真的有事去不了,一般会以“我有事”来回复对方。那口语英语怎么婉拒别人的邀请呢?
如果你直接说:I have things.
那未免太直接,太生硬,太粗鲁、太没有礼貌了。
你可以说:
I have things to do. I've got something to do.我有事。
I have things to do. Let's call it a day.
我有点事情,今天就到这儿吧。
I can't come to your party. I got a thing tonight.我不能来你的派对了,我今晚有点事。
I've got stuff to do. 我有事情要去做。
I've got stuff to do, so I can't hang out with you today.
我有事,所以今天不能跟你出去玩了。
I have a whole bunch of stuff to do this morning.
我今天上午有一大堆活儿。
He's fully occupied looking after three small children. 照顾三个小孩把他忙得不可开交。
I'm engaged this afternoon. 我今天下午有事。
They are engaged in talks with the Irish government.
他们正忙着与爱尔兰政府谈判。
She is very busy caring for two elderly relatives.
她在忙着照顾两个年老的亲戚。
She was busy pegging her tent to the ground.
她忙着用橛子把帐篷钉牢在地上。
Sorry, I'm tied up tomorrow. 对不起,我明天有事。
I'm far too busy to sit around here. 我忙得不可开交,没空在这儿闲坐。
I wouldn't have time to scout the area for junk. 我没空在这个地区找没用的东西。
'No time for chattering now.' — 'Be seeing you, then.' “现在没空闲聊。”——“那么回见。”
I can’t go with you, I’m afraid. 很抱歉,恐怕我不能和你们一起去。
I’m afraid I can’t, but … 恐怕不行……
Will you please come over this Sunday? 星期天能过来吗?
I’m afraid I can’t, but I have some clothes to wash. 恐怕不行,我要洗衣服。
Thank you, but… 谢谢你,但是……
Will you join us in a walk? 和我们一起散步,好吗?
Thank you, but I’d rather not. I have something important to do. 谢谢,可是我不能你们一起散步,我有重要的事要做。
Thank you for asking me, but… 谢谢你邀请我,但是……
A:We are going to have a picnic in the park. Would you come? 我们打算去公园野餐,你来吗?
B:Thank you very much for asking me, but I’m not feeling well. 谢谢你邀请我,但我不太舒服。
I’m sorry, but… 对不起;很抱歉
A:I’d like to invite you to dinner this Saturday, Mr Smith. 史密斯先生,星期六我请你吃饭。
B:I’m very sorry, but I have other plans. 很抱歉,我有别的安排。
I’d like [love] to, but… 我很想,但是……
A:I hope you can come with us. 我希望你能同我们一起去。
B:I’d like [love] to, but my mother is ill. 我很愿意去,但我妈妈病了。
A:Would you please come to the party? 你能来参加晚会吗?
B:I’d very much like to, but I’ve already had plans for tonight. 我很愿意来,但我今晚已另有安排。
I wish I could, but… 我很希望能……,但是……
A:The meeting is very important. Can you come? 这个会议很重要,你能来参加吗?
B:I wish I could, but I’ve promised to show Tom around. 我希望能来,但我已答应带汤姆转转。
16. “This sounds interesting, but I have too much on my plate at the moment.”
“听起来很有趣,但是我现在有太多的事情要做。”
17. Hmm, I don’t have a lot of time.
嗯,我没有那么多的时间。
18.Unfortunately, I’ve had a few things come up.
不好意思,我手头有些事要处理。
19.I’m trying to focus on finishing off some other things.
我正忙着处理一些其他事情。
20.I’m sorry , but I have an emergency to attend to.
不好意思,我有个急事要处理。
21.I’m afraid I’m committed to something else.
我有别的事要做。
22. I really want to, but I got hundreds of things to do.
我想去,可是我有好多好多事情要做。
I really want to……but I got hundreds of things to do.
I really love to……but I got hundreds of things to do.
I want to ,but I’m not allowed. 我想去,但是父母不允许。
23. I've got my hands full.我忙得不可开交。
I have got my hands full already with all kinds of work, and haven't got the time for any more.
我手头已经堆满了各种工作,因此我无暇再搞别的事啦。
24. Sorry, I can't make it this time.
抱歉,我这次去不了了。
25. Thanks for asking, but I am really not in the mood.
谢谢你的邀请,但我实在没什么心情。
,