三分钟每日英语(每日英语-29)(1)

Hot and Cold

热和冷

I notice that whenever it is summer, people complain about the heat, but whenever it is winter, people complain about the cold.

我注意到,每当夏天,人们都会抱怨炎热,但每当冬天,人们就会抱怨寒冷。

It seems that people are never satisfied.

人们似乎从不满足。

I don’t like the winter.

我不喜欢冬天。

It is usually much too cold for me.

通常对我来说太冷了。

My teeth chatter, and my fingers turn numb whenever the weather gets cold.

每当天气变冷,我的牙齿就会打颤,手指就会麻木。

It is hard for me to warm up once I start to freeze.

一旦我开始发冷,就很难暖和起来。

I try to wear layers of clothes, but winter winds go through my clothes no matter how much I wear.

我试着穿多层衣服,但无论我穿多少衣服,寒风都会穿过我的衣服。

My feet feel like they are blocks of ice on a cold January day when I walk home from school.

一月寒冷的一天,当我放学回家时,我的脚感觉就像是冰块一样。

I would not like to live in a place that had a cold climate all year long.

我不想住在一个全年气候寒冷的地方。

I am not comfortable when it is too cold.

天气太冷时我不舒服。

I like the summer.

我喜欢夏天。

Some people say that it is hot and sticky in the summer, but I don’t mind the heat at all.

有些人说夏天天气又热又粘,但我一点也不介意这么热。

I love to feel the warm sunshine on my skin.

我喜欢感受温暖的阳光照在我的皮肤上。

I like the freedom of not having to wear heavy coats and boots.

我喜欢不必穿厚外套和靴子的自由。

I am the happiest when there is a slightly cool breeze that comes along to refresh you on a hot summer day.

在炎热的夏日,当微风吹来,让你神清气爽时,我是最开心的。

I could live in a place with a hot climate.

我可以住在气候炎热的地方。

I would enjoy that.

我会喜欢的。

Of course, when you are in a place with a hot climate there are more bugs than in places with cooler climates.

当然,当你在一个气候炎热的地方时,那里的虫子比气候凉爽的地方多。

I don’t care for bugs.

我不喜欢虫子。

Where I live, it is very humid.

我住的地方很潮湿。

The heat and moisture combine to make it uncomfortable sometimes.

炎热和潮湿的天气有时会让人感到不舒服。

It is nicer when the heat is high, but the humidity is low.

温度高但湿度低时会更好。

It would be better if I lived somewhere where it was hot, but not humid.

如果我住在一个炎热但不潮湿的地方会更好。

That would be just perfect.

那将是完美的。

,