伊索寓言英文版狐狸和山羊(伊索寓言13猴子王)(1)

The Monkey King猴子王(下)

Fox: Thank you, Miss Rabbit. That was really cute.

狐狸:谢谢你,兔子小姐。你跳得美极了。

Bear: You were very good, Miss Rabbit. You'll win for sure.

熊:你跳得真好,兔子小姐。你赢定了。

Rabbit: I don't think so, Mr. Bear. You were better.

兔子:我不这么想,熊先生。我觉得还是你跳得好。

Fox: Our final dancer is Mr. Monkey. Okay. Go ahead.

狐狸:最后一位参赛选手是猴子先生。好的,请猴子先生上场。

Mr. Monkey dances to techno music. He is better than Miss Rabbit and Mr. Bear. He is the best dancer. Everyone picks Mr. Monkey.

猴子先生选择的是电子音乐。他的表演比兔子小姐和熊先生还要精彩。他跳得最好。所有的动物都选猴子先生做‘森林之王'。

Fox: Gather around everyone. A new king is born! Congratulations to Mr. Monkey! You are our NEW KING!

狐狸:请大家围成一圈,新的‘森林之王'诞生了!恭喜你猴子先生,你就是我们的新国王。

Monkey: I knew it!!! I am the KING! You must all obey me from now on!

猴子:我就知道,我是国王!从现在开始你们都要听从我的命令。

All the animals are shocked at Mr. Monkey's words.

猴子的话令所有的动物都感到震惊。

Rabbit: What's wrong with him?

兔子:他怎么了?

Bear: I don't know. He must be crazy.

熊:不知道。我想他一定是疯了。

The Monkey King starts ordering the other animals around.

猴子国王开始对周围的动物发号施令。

Monkey: Hey there, Bear. Get me something to eat. Rabbit, get me a drink. Turtle, fan me. Hey Fox, wash my feet.

猴子:喂,你这只熊,给我拿点吃的来。兔子,帮我弄点喝的来。乌龟,你给我扇扇子。嘿,狐狸,给我洗脚。

Every day, the Monkey King becomes more and more haughty. The other animals finally can't take it anymore.

一天天,猴子国王变得越来越傲慢了。其他的动物再也无法忍受了。

Fox: Mr. Monkey wasn't like this before. He used to be nice and humble. He has changed. We should teach him a lesson.

狐狸:猴子先生以前不是这样的。他待人和气又谦逊。现在他变了,我们该给他点教训。

Bear: How do we do that?

熊:我们该怎么做呢?

Rabbit: I have an idea.

兔子:我有一个主意。

Bear: What is it?

熊:什么主意?

The animals hear Miss Rabbit's plan. They agree to go ahead with the plan. The next morning, Mr. Fox goes to the Monkey King.

动物们听了兔子小姐的计划,都表示愿意参加。 第二天,狐狸先生来到猴子国王的住处。

Fox: Monkey King, how are you today?

狐狸:猴子国王,你今天还好吗?

Monkey: Not bad.

猴子:不错。

Fox: Are you busy right now?

狐狸:你现在忙吗?

Monkey: No, I'm not. Why?

猴子:不忙。怎么啦?

Fox: Well, I'll take you to a nice place.

狐狸:噢,我想带你去一个好地方。

Monkey: Really? Where is that?

猴子:真的吗?在哪儿?

Fox: It's a secret. But there's lots of delicious food there. Just follow me. All of the other animals are waiting for you.

狐狸:这是个秘密。不过那儿有好多好吃的东西。你只管跟着我。其他所有的动物都在那儿等你呢。

Monkey: Well then, let's go.

猴子:好吧,我们走吧。

The Monkey King follows Mr. Fox to a cave.

猴子国王跟着狐狸先生来到了一个山洞前。

Monkey: Where is the food?

猴子:哪有吃的啊?

Fox: It's inside the cave, sir. You go inside first.

狐狸:在山洞里,大王。你先进去。

Monkey: Where is the food? Where is everyone? It's so dark in here.

猴子:食物在哪里?其他人在哪儿?这里好黑啊!

As soon as the Monkey King goes into the cave, the other animals cover the cave door with rocks. The cave is closed. The Monkey King is locked inside.

猴子国王刚一走进山洞,其他的动物就用石头把洞口给堵了起来。洞口被封死了。猴子国王被关在了里面。

Monkey: Let me out! Let me out! Right now!

猴子:放我出去!立刻放我出去!

Rabbit: No way, Mr. Monkey. You have been a bad king! We don't like you!

兔子:没门儿,猴子先生!你是个坏国王!我们不喜欢你!

Monkey: But I am the king! Do as I say! Open the cave door.

猴子:但是我是国王!我命令你们!赶快把洞口打开!

Fox: Do it yourself. Farewell.

狐狸:你自己打开吧。再见。

Monkey: No, don't go! Wait! I'll be a good king from now on. Please, let me out!!!

猴子:不,别走!等一等!从现在开始我要做个好国王。求求你们,放我出去吧!

Bear: it's too late, Mr. Monkey.

熊:一切都太迟了,猴子先生。

MORAL If you act haughty because of your position, no one will like you.

寓意:若因权贵而傲慢,没有人会喜欢你。

寓言启示:

伊索寓言故事之猴子王,这个故事告诉我们若因权贵而傲慢,没有人会喜欢你;这个故事还告诉我们,别太拿自己当回事。

,