作者:Tony Ross
小公主系列是由英国著名插画家和作家 Tony Ross 著作。他的画作以调皮活泼著称,具有强烈的情感张力。有多部作品被改编成动画。曾三度荣获"最佳绘者银画笔刷奖"。其作品家喻户晓,畅销世界各地...
这次有着同年龄阶段孩子的天真和任性的小公主要去野营啦~她说不需要任何人的帮助,可是真的没有接受帮助吗?赶快一起从绘本里找答案吧!
"Where are you going, Little Princess?" asked the King.
"你要去哪儿,小公主?"国王问。
"I'm going camping." said the Little Princess.
"我要去野营。"小公主说。
"Let me carry your bags,then." said the Queen.
"那么,让我帮你拿行李吧。"王后说。
"No!" said the Little Princess.
"不!"小公主说。
"I want to do it by myself!"
"我想自己做这件事!"
"You can go on my horse!" suggested the General.
"你可以骑我的马!"将军建议道。
"No!" said the Little Princess,"I want to do it by myself!"
"不!"小公主说,"我想自己做这件事!"
"My boats will help to take your bags," said the Admiral.
"我的船会帮你拿行李的,"海军上将说。
"No!" said the Little Princess,"I want to do it by myself!"
"不!"小公主说,"我想自己做这件事!"
And so,the Little Princess set off, all by herself and soon found a beautiful place to camp.
于是,小公主一个人出发了,很快她就找到了一个露营的好地方。
But when she looked in her bag,she found that she had forgotten to bring her tent.
但当她翻看包包时,发现她忘记带帐篷了。
So when the Little Princess went off to find something to use as a tent,the Prime Minister secretly set up his for her.
因此,当小公主出去找东西做帐篷时,首相偷偷地为她搭了一个帐篷。
"Oh bothe!" said the Little Princess when she returned.
"哦,不好!"小公主回来时说。
"I must have brought a tent after all.I am so forgetful.I think I will make supper."
"我一定是带了一个帐篷来。我太健忘了。我想我要做晚饭了。"
But when she looked in her bags,she found that she had forgotten a tin opener.
但当她看着包时,发现她忘了带开罐头的开罐器。
She had forgotten a tin as well,so she went to look for something to eat.
同时她也忘了带罐头,所以她出去找吃的东西。
While she was away,the Cook made a wonderful supper ready for her return.
当她不在时,厨师为她准备了一顿丰盛的晚餐。
Although she could not remember making it,it was very tasty.
虽然她记不起来做饭了,但晚餐味道不错。
"Time for bed!" the Little Princess thought.
"到上床睡觉的时间了!"小公主想。
But she had forgotten to bring a blanket and a pillow.
但她忘记带毯子和枕头了。
While she was away,looking for something to sleep on ...
当她离开,要找点东西睡觉的时候...
...the Maid made up a lovey camp bed.
...女仆做了一张可爱的行军床。
"Oh BODDLE!" said the Little Princess.
"哦,BODDLE!"小公主说。
"I must have forgotten I had that."
"我一定是忘了我还有这个。"
So the Little Princess tumbled into bed,and fell into a happy sleep.
于是小公主倒在床上,睡了个好觉。
She would have cuddled Gilbert,if she had remembered to bring him.
如果她没有忘记带她的Gilbert,她一定会抱着Gilbert睡觉。
In the morning,she looked in her bag for her towel and toothbrush,but she had forgotten to bring them.
早上,她在包里找她的毛巾和牙刷,但她忘记带了。
Then she spotted them,under a bush.
然后,她在灌木丛中发现了它们。
"I must have put them there in my sleep!" she said.
"我一定是在睡梦中把它们放在那里了!"她说。
After her wash,she sat down,to think of something to do.
洗漱完毕后,她坐下来,想想还要做点什么。
As there was NOTHING to do,the Little Princess packed her bags again and set off home.
由于没什么事可做了,小公主再次收拾行李,回家。
"Funny," she thought,"these bags seem heavier than they were yesterday.My stuff must have grown."
"有趣,"她想,"这些袋子感觉比昨天要重。我的东西一定是长大了。"
On the way back,she met the Gardener.
在回来的路上,她遇到了园丁。
"Shall I help you with those heavy bags?" he said.
"我帮你拿那些沉甸甸的袋子吧?"他说。
"NO,thanks!" said the Little Princess.
"不,谢谢!"小公主说。
"I want to do it by myself!"
"我想自己做这件事!"
When she got home,everyone met her at the gate.
她到家时,大家都在门口迎接她。
"How was your camping holiday?" they asked.
"你的野营之旅怎么样?"他们问。
"It was WONDERFUL!" said the Little Princess.
"好极了!"小公主说。
"But I am tired now,because ...
"但我现在累了,因为…
...I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF!"
…我自己做了所有的事情!"
,