Children are sometimes afraid of the dark. But what do you think this expression might mean?

孩子们有时怕黑。但你认为这个短语是什么意思呢?

dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)(1)

除了表示“在黑暗中”以外,还可以表示什么呢? 下面我们根据一则对话来猜猜这个短语的意思!

dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)(2)

对话理解:

A: What was all that shouting about earlier?

A: 你刚才大喊什么来着?

B: Kim and Craig broke up, but they still have to work together.

B: 金姆和克雷格分手了,但他们仍然还要一起工作。

A: Wait, Kim and Craig were dating?

A: 等等,金姆和克雷格在约会?

B: How can you be so in the dark with this one? They were always holding hands and making kissy faces…

B: 你怎么能对这件事一无所知呢? 他们经常手牵手,还接吻……

A: Forget I asked!

A:就当我刚刚没问!

dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)(3)

总了个结:

When you are “in the dark”, you are not informed about a situation. You don’t have all the facts, or maybe you don’t want all the facts, but you can also be kept in the dark on purpose—by a friend, company or government.

当你“in the dark”时,你不知道情况。你不知道所有的事实,或者你不想知道所有的事实,但是你也可以被朋友、公司或政府故意蒙在鼓里。

dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)(4)

in the dark in ðə dɑ:k] 在黑暗中;不为人知;茫然;秘密地

举个例子:

1

Thank you for bringing me the news. I've been living in the dark till now!

谢谢你给我透了个信;我真是蒙在鼓里呀!

dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)(5)

2

Even my mother is in the dark about it, to say nothing of me!

这事连我妈都不知道,别说我了!

,