提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦,我来为大家科普一下关于water的英语作文五句话?以下内容希望对你有帮助!
water的英语作文五句话
提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦
试水
Hello everyone, I’m Li.Welcome to the English We Speak.With me today is Neil.
大家好,我是李。欢迎收听地道英语。今天和我一起的是尼尔。
Hello everyone.
大家好。
Hi Neil, you look very happy today, what are you up to?
嗨,尼尔,你今天看上去很开心呀,怎么回事呢?
I’m quite excited about my website: greatmindsshakehands.com.I’ve been designing it for months and it’s nearly complete.
我的网站让我觉得相当兴奋:greatmindsshakehands.com(智者在这儿握握手吧)。这个网站我设计了几个月,差不多要完成了。
Wow, I like the sound of it.I didn’t know you could design websites, Neil.
哇,我喜欢这个名字。我不知道你还会设计网站呢,尼尔。
Well, it’s for fun really.My website will be a public site where people can share ideas, you know, like-minded people.I want to launch it next week but first I must test the water.
嗯,其实只是为了好玩儿。我的网站将会是一个公共站点,人们可以在这里分享想法,你懂的,就是那些志趣相投的人。我打算下周启用它,但首先我必须测试水。
Test the water, test what water?Does your website depend on water?I’m very confused!
测试水,测试什么水?你的网站要靠水吗?我很困惑啊!
No Li, to test the water means to test the idea, try it out and see if it works.
不是的,李,测试水的意思是说检测一下这个想法,尝试一下,看看是否可行。
I see. Test the water’ is the phrase for the English We Speak today.Let’s hear some examples of how people use it.
我明白了。“试水”就是今天地道英语要学的短语。让我们听几个例子,看看人们是怎么用这个短语的吧。
Have you started on your new book?
你的新书已经开始写了吗?
Yes, I’ve written three chapters and I’ve sent it to the publishers to test the water.
嗯,我已经写了三章了,寄到了出版公司试试水。
Oh, what perfume are you wearing?It’s lovely.
噢,你喷了什么香水啊?真好闻。
Oh thanks.It’s just a sample a company sent me.They’re testing the water to see if people like it.
谢谢。这只是一家公司寄给我的小样。他们想试试水,看人们是不是喜欢这款香水。
How is your Shakespeare project going?
你的莎士比亚项目进展如何?
It’s early days;we’re still testing the water.
还在初期阶段;我们还在试水。
Well, good luck with it.
嗯,祝你好运。
Thanks.
谢谢。
So Neil, how much testing have you done,have you got good feedback?
尼尔,那你做了多少测试呢,有没有得到良好反馈呢?
Well, my wife loves it,but most other people say they don’t understand how to use it.
嗯,我妻子很喜欢这个网站,但其他大多数人都说他们不懂怎么用。
It sounds like it’s not user-friendly.
听上去这个网站不容易使用啊。
You’re right.I think I need to make a few changes and then I’ll test the water again.
你说得对。我觉得我需要做一些更改,然后再试试水。
I’m happy to be your guinea pig when you’re ready.
你准备好之后我很乐意当你的小白鼠啊。
Guinea pig’, I think that’s an expression for another programme.For now, it’s goodbye from both of us.
“小白鼠”,我想这是我们另外一期节目里要学的表达方式。现在,我们两个该说再见啦。
Bye.
再见。
Goodbye.
再见。
,