and和or用在否定句中的区别(否定的分离与结合)(1)

今天所解析内容实际就是否定的分离和否定的结合问题。

1. not A or B是把A和B当作分离的的个体逐个地加以否定,即否定的分离。译为:既不……也不;不是A,也不是B等:

试比较:

I can't work during the day or do housework in the evening.

我白天不能工作,晚上也不能做家务。

I can't work during the day and do housework in the evening.

我不能白天工作了,晚上还要做家务。

I can't work all day or do housework all evening.

我不能白天工作,也不能整晚上做家务。(对A和B分别否定;对白天工作和整晚做家务都进行了否定)

I can't work all day and do housework all evening.

我不能白天工作一整天,晚上又去整晚做家务。(对A和B作为一个整天加以否定;含义是白天工作了一天,不能整晚做家务)

Don’t drink or drive. 既不准喝酒,也不许开车。

Don’t drink and drive.不要酒后开车。

and和or用在否定句中的区别(否定的分离与结合)(2)

He did not speak clearly and correctly.他不曾讲得清楚又正确。

He did not speak clearly or correctly. 他不曾讲得清楚,也不曾讲得正确。

He can't read or write.他不会读,不会写。

There are people without homes, jobs or family.

有人既无房屋,又无工作,又无家庭。

The man can’t read or write.那人既不会读书,也不会写字。

Tom didn’t learn to sing or dance. 汤姆不学唱歌,也不学跳舞。

I didn't refer to anything or anybody. 我并未影射任何人或任何事。

I can't stand her or her friends. 我受不了她及她那些朋友。

and和or用在否定句中的区别(否定的分离与结合)(3)

We can not exist without food or water.没有食物和水我们不能生存。

He doesn't like anything I do or say. 他对我所说的和所做的一概不喜欢。

2. not A and B对(A和B视为一个整体)加以否定,即否定的结合。译为并非等

You shouldn't drink and drive.你不该酒后驾车。

The campaign aims to persuade people not to drink and drive. 这项运动旨在告诫人们不要酒后驾车。

Don’t have a meal and bathe immediately after it. 不要就餐之后立即游泳。

and和or用在否定句中的区别(否定的分离与结合)(4)

I can’t be a buyer and a seller too. 我不能既做买方又做卖方。

You cannot eat your cake and have it. 鱼和熊掌不可能兼得(即凡事不能两全)。

Tom can’t sing and dance. 汤姆只会唱歌,不会跳舞。

He did not speak clearly and correctly.他不曾讲得清楚又正确。

He did not speak clearly or correctly. 他不曾讲得清楚,也不曾讲得正确。

I didn’t tell Mum and Dad—I didn’t want to worry them. 我没告诉爸妈——我不想让他们担心。

He is not clever and diligent. .他并非聪明又勤奋。

You can’t be a player and a judge too. 你不能既当运动员又录裁判员。

It was once thought unmanly not to drink and smoke. 身为男子不抽烟不喝酒曾视为无男子气概。

Their son won’t get a job and pay rent; he’s nothing but a sponge. 他们的儿子不去工作,不交房租,纯属一个寄生虫。

His answer was not reasonable and concise. 他的回答并非有道理又简洁。

She didn’t speak clearly and loud. 她讲话并非清楚又声音大。

He did not speak clearly and correctly.他说得并非清晰又正确。

and和or用在否定句中的区别(否定的分离与结合)(5)

,