nibble 一点一点地吃;啃
像老鼠啃奶酪或松鼠啃松子,nibble形容吃得慢吃得少
Just take a nibble to see if you like the taste.
尝一小口,看你喜不喜欢这味道
grab a bite 随便吃几口垫垫肚子
Let s grab a bite before we go.
走之前咱们先赶紧垫垫肚子吧!
wolf down
“wolf”狼,像狼一样吃东西,要知道,捕猎很难,狼看到猎物可是眼睛都不眨,这个短语就用来形容像饿狼一样,“狼吞虎咽地吃”。
I have to wolf down my breakfast; I m rushed for time.
我得快点吃完早餐,时间不够了。
gobble up
英语是一种有趣的语言,不是吗?Gobble up 和wolf down 都指吃得快。但是gobble up把我们比作一只鸟,一只鹅,食物经过长长的脖子。Gob原先指嘴巴,gobble指火鸡吃食物时发出的声音。
The children gobbled up their food and rushed out to play.
孩子们狼吞虎咽地吃完饭就冲出去玩了。
相关表达:
be on a hunger strike 绝食
例:
The prisoners went on a hunger strike.
犯人们进行绝食抗议。
be on a diet 节食
例:
The doctor says I 've got to go on a diet.
医生说我得节食。
I 've had enough/I m full 我吃饱了
例:
I m full. That big lunch made me sleepy.
我吃饱了,那顿丰盛的午餐使我昏昏欲睡。
美味的英文地道短语
1.Finger-licking 舔手指,吮指的
Eg. KFC's Fried chicken is finger-licking.
肯德基的炸鸡好吃得让人吮指。
2. Mouth is watering 令人垂涎的,美味的
Eg. The boiled fish smell very nice to me, my mouth is watering!
水煮鱼太香了!我要留口水了!
3.Comfort food 治愈食物
Eg. When I'm in a bad mood, comfort food makes me happy.
心情不好的时候,美食能让我变得开心起来。
4. It is scrumptious 太美味了,太好吃了
Eg. French fries and ice cream is scrumptious!
薯条加冰淇淋真的太美味了!
5.taste divine 形容食物精致、好处
The waffle really tastes divine, I want to eat one more.
这种华夫饼真的精致又好吃,我想再吃一个。