Hi, there, and thank you so much for coming back to engVid with me, Benjamin.,接下来我们就来聊聊关于想像莎士比亚那样会说英语?以下内容大家不妨参考一二希望能帮到您!

想像莎士比亚那样会说英语(想像莎士比亚那样会)

想像莎士比亚那样会说英语

Hi, there, and thank you so much for coming back to engVid with me, Benjamin.

嗨,谢谢你能和我一起回来,本杰明。

Today we are looking at chat-up lines from the pen of William Shakespeare - one of the greatest writers ever of the English language.

今天,我们来看看威廉·莎士比亚笔下聊天的台词——英语史上最伟大的作家之一。

Who might enjoy this lesson today?

今天谁会喜欢这节课?

Well, the romantics out there, looking to woo and impress their other half; or those with a real interest in the English language, who enjoy Shakespeare's words.

嗯,浪漫主义者在那里,寻找和打动他们的另一半;或那些真正对英语感兴趣的人,他们喜欢莎士比亚的话。

Now, we all can understand them with a little bit of help.

现在,我们都能用一点帮助去理解他们。

So, let's start with Hamlet.

所以,让我们从哈姆雷特开始。

Okay?

好?

So, Hamlet's been having a bit of a tough time in Denmark; his Dad's been killed by his uncle;the Mom's now going out with the uncle; but he quite fancies this girl called Ophelia.

所以,哈姆雷特在丹麦的日子有点不好过;他爸爸被叔叔杀了;妈妈现在和叔叔出去了;但他很迷恋这个女孩叫奥菲利亚

Some people doubt this love, though.

然而,有些人怀疑这种爱。

What does he say to them?

他对他们说了什么?

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;Doubt that the sun doth move;Doubt truth to be a liar;But never doubt I love thee".

"怀疑你的星星是火的;怀疑太阳在移动;怀疑真理是一个骗子;但永远不要怀疑我爱你"。

Okay, let's have a closer look at this.

好吧,我们来仔细看看这个

So, the first thing I notice when I look here is we have a list of: "Do these three things".

所以当我看这里时,我注意到的第一件事是,我们有一个列表:"做这三件事"。

Now, what we call this is the rule of three, because we've got three similar ideas in a row.

现在,我们称之为三条规则,因为我们连续有三个类似的想法。

So I'll just write that up here.

所以,我只要把它写在这里。

Rule of three.

规则三。

Okay?

好?

So it's where you list three things for effect.

因此,在这里,你列出了三件事的效果。

"Doubt thou", so maybe you've watched my Shakespeare's insult video, and we learnt that "thou" was "you".

"你",也许你看过我的莎士比亚的侮辱视频,我们得知"你"就是"你"

If you haven't seen that, do check it out.

如果你还没有看到,一下就去看看。

"Doubt you".

"怀疑你"

So: "I don't mind if you doubt that the stars are made of fire",but you'd be a bit silly if you did doubt that.

所以:"我不介意,如果你怀疑星星是火的"但是如果你怀疑的话,你会有点傻的

"You can doubt if the sun moves", okay?

"你可以怀疑太阳是否移动",好吗?

So: "doth" means "does".

所以:"做"的意思是"做"。

Obviously, the sun actually stays still and it's the earth that moves around the sun, but you know, he's a confused young man at this stage in his life.

显然,太阳实际上静止不动,地球绕着太阳转,但是你知道,在他人生的这个阶段,他是一个困惑的年轻人。

"Doubt truth to be a liar. Doubt truth to be a liar", so what we're doing is we're kind of turning truth into a human being, and saying: "You're a liar, truth. You're lying".

"怀疑真相是一个骗子。怀疑真相是一个骗子",所以我们做的是把真理变成人,说:"你是个骗子,真理。你在撒谎。

Okay?

好?

Kind of strange, but as I said, he's a confused young lad.

有点奇怪,但正如我所说,他是一个困惑的年轻小伙子。

"But never doubt I love thee".

"但永远不要怀疑我爱你"。

So, basically, what he's saying: "You can say anything you like;you can say that I'm talking total nonsense, but the only thing I'm totally sure of is that I love thee".

所以,基本上,他说:"你可以说任何你喜欢的;你可以说,我在说什么完全无稽之谈,但唯一我完全可以肯定的是,我爱你"。

Okay?

好?

Thanks, Hamlet.

谢谢 哈姆雷特

Now, from a comedy, Twelfth Night: "If music be the food of love, play on. If music be the food of love, play on".

现在,从喜剧,第十二夜:"如果音乐是爱的食物,就继续演奏吧。如果音乐是爱的食物,就继续演奏"。

You may have heard of that before.

你可能以前听说过。

Let's try and get a deeper understanding of this.

让我们尝试更深入地了解这一点。

What is being used here is a metaphor.

这里使用的是一个比喻。

Okay?

好?

It's a comparison.

这是一个比较。

So, what's being compared?

那么,什么是比较?

We've got love and we have food.

我们有爱,我们有食物。

So, let's draw a box of sandwiches.

那么,我们来画一盒三明治吧。

Let's have a prawn sandwich in there.

我们来吃一个虾三明治吧。

Prawn, mm-mm.

虾,毫米。

Okay.

好。

"If music be the food of love, play on".

"如果音乐是爱的食物,就继续演奏"。

So, what he's saying is: "Music helps love to grow".

所以,他说的是:"音乐有助于爱成长"。

Okay?

好?

So let's draw a crotchet there.

因此,让我们在那里画一个拐杖。

That's a crotchet.

那是个拐杖

Okay?

好?

So, food helps us to grow.

所以,食物帮助我们成长。

The music is going to help love.

音乐将帮助爱情。

So: "Music is like the food to love. Let's have more food, more music; let's have a good time".

所以:"音乐就像爱的食物。让我们有更多的食物,更多的音乐;让我们有一个美好的时光"。

Okay?

好?

"If music be the food of love, play on".

"如果音乐是爱的食物,就继续演奏"。

A Midsummer Night's Dream: "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is wingèd Cupid painted blind".

仲夏夜之梦:"爱不是看眼睛,而是看心灵,因此是翼子丘比特画瞎子"。

"Love looks not with the eyes", so what's being said here is that. . .

"爱看起来不是用眼睛看的",所以这里所说的是...

I can't remember which character said this;probably Lysander or Demetrius, but they're saying: "It's not. . . I'm not just liking you for your looks. It's not just about the looks;I really like you as a person".

我不记得是哪个角色说的,可能是莱桑德还是德米特里厄斯但他们说:"这不是...我不只是喜欢你的容貌。这不仅仅是外表的问题,我真的很喜欢你作为一个人"。

Okay?

好?

But obviously we're saying it in a slightly more complicated way.

但显然,我们这样说的方式稍微复杂一些。

"Love looks not with the eyes. I don't just fancy you because you're pretty-I don't just like you because you're handsome-but because of the mind, and therefore is wingèd Cupid".

"爱看起来不是用眼睛看的。我不只是看中你,因为你很漂亮,我不只是喜欢你,因为你很帅,而是因为头脑,因此是翼的丘比特"。

So, Cupid is the Roman god of love.

所以,丘比特是罗马的爱神。

So, god of love.

所以,爱之神。

Yeah?

是的?

When we see pictures of Cupid, they can't see anything;they're just there firing their arrows to decide who falls in love with who.

当我们看到丘比特的照片时,他们什么也看不见;他们只是在那里发射他们的箭,以决定谁爱上了谁。

So: "I love you because of the things you say".

所以:"我爱你,因为你说的话"。

Romeo and Juliet: "Wherefore art thou, Romeo"?

罗密欧与朱丽叶:"你艺术呢,罗密欧"?

"I love thee, I love but thee, with a love that shall not die; till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old".

"我爱你,我爱你,但你,与爱,不会死;直到太阳变冷,星星变老"。

I love the rhyme here of "cold" and "old";it's so simple, but so effective.

我喜欢这里的"冷"和"老"的韵律,它是如此简单,但如此有效。

Okay.

好。

Okay, so again,"thee" means "you".

好吧,"你"的意思是"你"。

"I love you, I love but thee".

"我爱你,我爱你。

So,"but" here means "just" or "only": "I only love you with a love", so now we're describing. . .

所以,"但"这里的意思是"只是"或"只":"我只爱你与爱",现在我们在描述...

This is a noun;here we've got the verb.

这是一个名词,我们这里有动词。

Okay?

好?

The noun of "love".

"爱"的名词。

"My love for you shall not die".

"我对你的爱不会死"。

"Shall" means "will": "My love will not die".

"应该"的意思是"意志":"我的爱不会死"。

So this is short for: "until";just in screen, there.

因此,这是缩写:"直到";只是在屏幕上,有。

"Until". . .

"直到"...

Obviously, if it was "until", you'd only have one "l".

显然,如果是"直到",你只有一个"l"。

". . . until the sun grows cold".

"...直到太阳变冷"。

So: "My love for you is going to go a long, long time, and the stars grow old".

所以:"我对你的爱会走很长时间,星星会变老"。

How long have the stars been around?

星星在身边多久了?

Quite a long time.

相当长的时间。

Thank you, Romeo and Juliet.

谢谢你,罗密欧和朱丽叶

Okay, so Romeo and Juliet, you've got a pair of teenage lovers;they come together very quickly;they have this very romantic meeting, and then Romeo knows that he has to escape out of the Capulet house, otherwise he'll be killed or something nasty.

好吧,罗密欧和朱丽叶,你有一对青少年恋人;他们很快就走到了一起,他们举行了一次非常浪漫的会面,然后罗密欧知道他必须逃出卡普莱特的房子,否则他会被杀或什么讨厌的东西。

So, what does he say?

那他怎么说?

"Parting is such sweet sorrow that I should say good night until it be morrow".

"离别是如此甜蜜的悲伤,我应该说晚安,直到明天"。

What's he all about?

他到底怎么了?

"Parting", so saying goodbye.

"分手",所以说再见。

So, let's have a little hand, saying: "Goodbye".

所以,让我们有一个小手,说:"再见"。

"Parting is such sweet sorrow".

"分手是甜蜜的悲伤"。

So,"sweet" is something nice;and "sorrow" is obviously pain - not so nice.

所以,"甜蜜"是好东西;而"悲伤"显然是痛苦——不是那么好。

So what we've got here is two different ideas joined together.

因此,我们在这里得到的是两个不同的想法结合在一起。

If you want the actual word for that, it is a. . .

如果你想要这个单词,那是...

An oxy. . .

一个氧...

Oxymoron.

矛盾。

Okay?

好?

It's two different ideas.

这是两个不同的想法。

I've just gone slightly out of shot, there, so let's write "oxymoron" down here.

我刚稍微出局了,所以让我们在这里写"矛盾"。

It's an oxymoron.

这是矛盾的。

Okay?

好?

"Moron" is a word for someone who's, like, a bit weird; a bit kind of from outer space.

"摩龙"是一个词的人谁,像,有点怪异;有点从外太空。

So, outer space people join two different ideas together.

因此,外太空人把两种不同的思想结合在一起。

"Parting is such sweet sorrow that I should say good night until it be morrow".

"离别是如此甜蜜的悲伤,我应该说晚安,直到明天"。

"That I should say bye-bye. . . I'm going to. . . It's really sad for me to say goodbye, but at the same time I get to give you a kiss, so it's kind of nice; so I'm going to say goodnight now and I'll see you tomorrow" is what Romeo is saying to his Juliet, there.

"我应该说再见...我要。。。说再见,我真难过,但与此同时,我可以给你一个吻,所以这很好;所以我现在要说晚安,明天再见"是罗密欧对他的朱丽叶说的。

This is something else that Romeo says.

这是罗密欧说的别的东西。

This actually comes a little bit earlier in the play.

这实际上在剧中来得稍早一些。

He's just met. . .

他刚认识...

He's just met Juliet.

他刚认识朱丽叶

"Did my heart love 'til now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty 'til this night".

"我的心爱'直到现在?放弃它,视线!因为我看到了真正的美,直到这个夜晚。

Before he took a fancy to Juliet, Romeo fancied someone else called Rosaline.

罗密欧在看中朱丽叶之前,幻想着别人叫罗莎琳。

And at the beginning of the play, he's moping around, feeling all sad.

在演出开始的时候,他闷闷不乐,感觉很伤心。

You might have watched the Baz Luhrmann film of him, and he's just kicking around; feeling sorry for himself.

你可能看过他拍摄的巴兹·卢尔曼的电影,他只是在四处踢转;为自己感到难过。

And then suddenly he wakes up and meets Juliet.

然后他突然醒来,遇见了朱丽叶。

"Did my heart love 'til now"?

"我的心爱'直到现在'吗?

So he's realizing that the strength of his feelings are much stronger for Juliet than Rosaline.

因此,他意识到,他的感情的力量是比罗莎琳更强烈朱丽叶。

Okay?

好?

So he says: "Did my heart love 'til now? Was that. . . ? Did I actually like that person? Because what I'm feeling now is stronger".

于是他说:"我的心爱到现在了吗?是...我真的喜欢那个人吗?因为我现在的感觉更强大了。

"'til", again, short for "until".

"til",再次,简称为"直到"。

"Forswear it, sight"!

"放弃它,视线"!

He's talking to his eyes to how he sees.

他正在用眼睛谈论他如何看。

"Wake up, eyes. Forswear it, sight! Forget about what I used to think. For I ne'er", this is short for "never".

"醒醒,眼睛。放弃它,视线!忘记我以前的想法对我来说,这是"从不"的缩写。

"For I never saw true. . ."And it's. . .

"因为我从没见过真..."...

It is shortened because of. . .

它被缩短,因为...

In a typical Shakespearean line, he writes with 10 beats in each line, so sometimes words are slightly shortened.

在典型的莎士比亚行中,他每行有10个节拍,所以有时单词会稍微缩短。

"Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty 'til this night".

"放弃它,视线!因为我看到了真正的美,直到这个夜晚。

I. e. : Juliet is numero uno.

朱丽叶是努梅罗乌诺。

Love's Labour Lost: "When love speaks, the voice of all the gods makes heaven drowsy with the harmony".

爱情的失落:"当爱说话时,所有神的声音使天堂沉睡与和谐"。

Okay.

好。

So, what we've got here is this sort of picture of all the sort of classical Roman gods up in heaven, having a nice time.

所以我们在这里得到的是这种图片,所有种类的古典罗马神在天堂,有一个美好的时光。

And you've got a god that represents love, Cupid.

你有一个代表爱的神,丘比特

Whenever Cupid speaks, all the other sort of angels, gods go: "Ah, mm, that sounds nice".

每当丘比特说话,所有其他的天使,神去:"啊,嗯,听起来不错"。

Okay?

好?

Why?

为什么?

"When love speaks", okay?

"当爱说话",好吗?

So this is sort of the god of love speaks: "the voice of all the other gods makes heaven drowsy", this means sleepy.

所以这就是爱之神所说的:"所有其他神的声音使天堂昏昏欲睡",这意味着昏昏欲睡。

". . . drowsy with the harmony";with the nice sound;it sounds perfect.

"...昏昏欲睡与和谐";与好的声音;它听起来完美。

Lastly, from Much Ado About Nothing.

最后,从多阿多关于什么。

"Ado" means "to do".

"Ado"的意思是"做"。

"Much To Do About Nothing".

"无所事事"。

Kind of strange title.

有点奇怪的标题。

"I love you with so much of my heart, that none is left to protest".

"我全心全意地爱你,没有人可以抗议"。

Okay, so let's imagine that we've got a slice of cake.

好吧,让我们想象一下,我们有一块蛋糕。

I love you with. . .

我爱你...

And the cake represents his heart.

蛋糕代表他的心脏。

"I love you with so much of my cake, that only a tiny bit says: 'Oh, is this a good thing to do or not'? that I'm going to love you".

"我爱你这么多蛋糕,只有一点点说:'哦,这是一件好事做还是不做?"我会爱你的。

Okay?

好?

Most of me is saying that is a really good idea.

我大多数人都说这是个好主意。

Okay?

好?

But it sounds really romantic and nice.

但听起来真的很浪漫和好。

Quite hard, I know.

很难,我知道。

Thank you for staying with it.

谢谢你留下来。

Let's just quickly go over these once more, and you can repeat after me to make sure you've got these sussed and you can try them out later.

让我们再快一遍你可以重复我,以确保你已经得到了这些苏塞,你可以尝试他们以后。

See if you can say one of them two times before the end of the day to someone else.

看看你是否可以在一天结束前对别人说两次。

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;Doubt that the sun doth move;Doubt truth to be a liar;But never doubt I love thee".

"怀疑你的星星是火的;怀疑太阳在移动;怀疑真理是一个骗子;但永远不要怀疑我爱你"。

Repeat for me.

为我重复一遍。

Next one: "If music be the food of love, play on".

下一个:"如果音乐是爱的食物,就继续演奏"。

Next: "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is wing�d Cupid painted blind".

下一篇:"爱看起来不是用眼睛看,而是用头脑看;因此是翼 d 丘比特漆盲"。

So we have to have a little bit of extra emphasis here to keep. . .

因此,我们必须有一点点额外的强调在这里保持...

Keep it in the beat.

保持它在节拍。

So: "wingèd".

所以:"翼"。

Repeat after me.

跟着我重复

Like, just do it for yourself.

就像,只是做你自己。

Good stuff.

好东西

Let's go again.

我们再来一次

Say it with me: "I love thee, I love but thee, with a love that shall not die;till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old".

跟我说:"我爱你,我爱你,你,爱,爱不会死;直到太阳变冷,星星变老"。

Well done.

干的好。

Stick with it.

坚持下去。

here.

这里。

Again, say it along with me: "Parting is such sweet sorrow that I should say good night until it be morrow".

再次和我一起说:"离别是甜蜜的悲伤,我应该说晚安,直到明天"。

"Did my heart love 'til now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty 'til this night".

"我的心爱'直到现在?放弃它,视线!因为我看到了真正的美,直到这个夜晚。

"When love speaks, the voice of all the gods makes heaven drowsy with the harmony".

"当爱说话时,所有神的声音使天堂沉睡与和谐"。

"I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest".

"我全心全意地爱你,没有人可以抗议"。

There we are.

我们在那里。

Right.

对。

Why not stay on this;keep pushing your English learning a little bit further today?

为什么不继续这样下去呢?今天还要进一步地学习英语呢?

And I have a fantastic video for you, which is phrasal verbs of compliment and criticism that I think you might enjoy.

我有一个美妙的视频给你,这是恭维和批评的短语动词,我想你会喜欢的。

Until next time.

直到下次

,