每日英语1266(每日英语-11)(1)

Advice

建议

Sometimes my mother gives me advice.

有时候我妈妈会给我一些建议。

She tells me to save my money for a rainy day.

她告诉我要存钱以备不时之需。

She says that I should eat my vegetables if I want to be strong when I grow up.

她说如果我长大后想变得强壮,就应该吃蔬菜。

She says that you reap what you sow.

她说你种什么就收获什么。

I didn’t know what that one meant, so I asked her.

我不知道那是什么意思,所以我问她。

She said that if you are good to people, they will be good to you.

她说,如果你对别人好,他们也会对你好。

If you do bad things, then bad things will come back to you.

如果你做了坏事,那么坏事就会回到你身上。

My mother is always giving me advice.

我妈妈总是给我建议。

She says that a penny saved is a penny earned.

她说省一分钱就是赚一分钱。

I am still thinking about that one.

我还在想那件事。

Some of these things are difficult to understand.

有些事情很难理解。

My mother is very wise.

我妈妈很聪明。

She says that she has learned from her mistakes.

她说她从错误中吸取了教训。

She tells me that she would like me not to make mistakes, but she says that everyone does make mistakes.

她告诉我她希望我不要犯错误,但她说每个人都会犯错误。

The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes.

重要的是我们从错误中学习。

My mother says that nobody is perfect.

我妈妈说没有人是完美的。

My mother tells my sister that time is precious.

我妈妈告诉我妹妹时间很宝贵。

My sister wastes time, and my mother doesn’t like that.

我妹妹浪费时间,我妈妈不喜欢那样。

My mother tells me to be true to myself.

我妈妈告诉我要对自己诚实。

She says that I should not follow the crowd.

她说我不应该随大流。

I should listen to my own conscience and do what I think is right.

我应该听从自己的良心,做我认为正确的事。

She says that it doesn’t matter if you fail at something, the important thing is that you try.

她说,如果你在某件事上失败了并不重要,重要的是你努力了。

If you’ve done your best, then that is all that matters.

如果你已经尽了最大的努力,那么这就是最重要的。

I listen to my mother.

我听我妈妈的。

I think she gives very good advice.

我认为她给出了很好的建议。

My mother has a lot of common sense.

我妈妈有很多常识。

I hope I am as wise as she is when I have children of my own.

当我有了自己的孩子我希望我会像我妈妈这样聪明。

Sometimes I wish that she would not give me so much advice.

有时候我希望她不要给我那么多建议。

I think that I know what I’m doing.

我想我知道我在做什么。

But, in the end, I always remember what she has said, and I try to live by the standards that she has set for me.

但是,最后,我总是记得她说过的话,我努力按照她为我设定的标准生活。

Take the advice that your parents give you.

接受你父母给你的建议。

They only have your best interests at heart.

他们只把你的最大利益放在心上。

,