-Penny: Hey, guys, did you get my mail?

伙计们, 你们帮我拿我的邮件了没?

-Leonard: Yeah, right here.

是,在这。

How was Nebraska?

内布拉斯加那边怎么样?

-Penny: Well, better than north Dakota。

比北达科他州强。

I guess that joke is only funny in Nebraska.

我猜这笑话只有在内布拉斯加州才好笑。

-Sheldon: From the data at hand, you really can’t draw that conclusion.

data: 数据 at hand: 在手边 draw that conclusion: 得出结论

就目前的数据来说,你还不能得出这结论。

All you can say with absolute certainty is that joke is not funny here.

absolute: 绝对的

你所能唯一确定的是这笑话在这儿不好笑。

-Penny: Boys, it’s good to be back.

兄弟们,回来真好。

-Leonard: How’s your family?

你家人怎么样?

-Penny: It was the worst trip.

这趟旅行简直不能再糟了。

Everyone got sick over the weekend.

get sick: 生病

一个周末下来家里人全病了。

flipped标识是什么意思(80-11-0049百搭后缀-phobe是什么意思)(1)

-Sheldon: Sick?

病了?

-Leonard: Here we go. What kind of sick?

又来了。什么病?

-Penny: The flu, I guess.

flu: 流行性感冒

我猜,就是流感吧。

-Sheldon: I don’t need you to guess. I need you to know.

我不是要你猜,我要你确定。

Now, when did the symptoms first appear?

symptom:症状

第一次出现症状是在什么时候?

-Penny: Maybe Friday.

大概是周五。

-Sheldon: Friday. Was that morning or afternoon?

周五,上午还是下午?

-Penny: I-I don’t…

我…我不…

-Sheldon: Think, woman, who blew their nose and when?

小姐,好好想想,是谁?在什么时候擦过鼻子?

-Leonard: Sheldon, relax.

没事的,Sheldon。

She doesn’t have any symptoms. I’m sure she’s not contagious.

symptom :症状 contagious:传染性的

她没有任何症状,我确定她不会传染。

-Sheldon: Oh, please.

拜托。

If influenza was only contagious after symptoms appear, it would have died out thousands of years ago.

Influenza:流行性感冒 die out: 灭绝,消失

如果流感只是在症状出现后才会感染,那它早该在几千年前就消失了。

Somewhere between tool using and cave painting, Homo habilis would have figured out how to kill the guy with the runny nose.

Homo habilis:an early form of human which was able to use tools 能人(能用手准确把握器物的早期人科成员) runny nose:流鼻涕

在开始使用石器工具和创作洞穴壁画的之间的某个时段,能人们肯定会想到要干掉流着鼻涕的家伙。

-Leonard: Penny, you’ll have to excuse Sheldon. He’s a bit of a germaphobe.

germaphobe:害怕病菌 germ 细菌;病菌 -phobe害怕

homophobe 憎恶同性恋的人 claustrophobe 患幽闭恐怖症的人

你们能猜到 social media-phobe 是什么意思吗?

Penny,你要原谅Sheldon,他有点害怕病菌。

-Penny: It’s okay. I understand.

没关系,我能理解。

-Sheldon: Thanks for your consideration, now please leave.

谢谢你的体贴,现在请你离开。

-Leonard: You’d better go before he starts spraying you with Iysol.

spray:喷 Iysol:消毒药水

你最好趁他还没对着你喷消毒水的时候赶紧闪。

-Penny: Okay, well, thank you for getting my mail.

好的,谢谢你替我拿邮件。

-Leonard: No problem. Welcome home.

小意思,欢迎回家。

,